Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Locked: Rogers Internet 500U for $25 is back

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 11:16 am
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
has anyone who is on the 24.99 plan and cancelled? ie, to try and get 24.99 + 3 months free or 6months free?
#balls
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: has anyone who is on the 24.99 plan and cancelled? ie, to try and get 24.99 + 3 months free or 6months free?
#balls
Now that’s just greedy lol
Sep 27, 2003
941 posts
336 upvotes
Earth
So 500 mbits down, $24.99 for 12 months....what's the price after 12 months?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
416_guy wrote: So 500 mbits down, $24.99 for 12 months....what's the price after 12 months?
Cancel again and repeat?
May 5, 2014
451 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
416_guy wrote: So 500 mbits down, $24.99 for 12 months....what's the price after 12 months?
Looking at my bill, appears to be $120/mo after 12 months.
Dec 16, 2006
62 posts
14 upvotes
Ontario
So... I just jumped on. Best offer they could give me for my postal code was 74.99 for 500u. Hooked it up tonight and it's damn fast, but not 500 yet. Regarding calling to cancel, how long would you wait? I haven't called to cancel my TekSavvy yet... Tempted to keep it for a few weeks so if I need to cancel and they don't offer anything better I can actually follow through and we'll still have service immediately.
Thoughts?

edit: fastest I've gotten so far is 335mbps, first thing this morning.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5275 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto
+ $103 after 12 months.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7969 upvotes
Have any new customers gotten this?
Feb 14, 2007
19 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I had the 100/10 package for special $65 ex taxes on 2 year contract. Ontario, Mississauga
However they must have changed the plan internally as I have been getting the 150/10 from the get go.
When I called to cancel they wanted to "up sell" me to the 150/10 for over $107.99.
That's the standard price not even the special they are currently running for $74.99
So I said to the person not worth it cos you selling me the same package I had for more than I was paying so cancelled giving 14 days notice, 1 month earlier than contract. Terminating the contract would cost me $10 penalty / month.
Next day I get an email ask what can they do to keep us with a number to call. Less than 8 hours.
Called them got 500u for $29.99 for a year.
It is no contract but fixed discount off the normal base price. Currently 127.99.
If the base price goes up the discount is fixed and my price will go up by the price increase. Person said maybe $3-$5 max
No cancellation fee, no modem rental, no activation fee, no change of plan fee and unlimited.
Monthly price changed immediately. End of month price will be lower and was not pro-rata for 2 weeks.
Less than 10 min later got confirmation emails.
Hope that helps
Jul 6, 2017
230 posts
117 upvotes
Ontario
I'm going to try calling Rogers tomorrow and see what they'll give me to come back.

I called TekSavvy yesterday and told them about this great deal with Rogers hoping they would match it. Dude offered me $10 off my bill for 6 months :/ Not even close C'mon
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
Rogers with their “guaranteed discount” is such a joke.

I signed up for 500u at $30 before taxes for 24 months - I was never told it was only a fixed discount (didn’t know such a thing existed at that point). 3 months into the 24 months, they increased the regular price by $8 so the fixed discount was the same but it was now $38 before taxes. That’s a 27% price increase only 3 months in.

Called to complain and got pwnd with this “guaranteed discount” that the rep now said like 10 times. Typical Robbers.

TL DR - expect multiple price increases.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3800 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
They usually increase every march/April..... it's not multiple.... and you can cancel anytime as it's not a contract.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3800 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
hs1786 wrote: I called Rogers and put in a cancellation order 2 weeks in the future. They asked why I'm canceling. I told them Bell is offering me a $24.99/mon 500u deal good for a year. He tried to beg me to stay and offered me 6 months free and $65/mon deal but I declined. Next day somebody from the Ambassador team called me and gave me that offer of $24.99 + 3 months free.
quartapound wrote: Trying to get this offer guys.... or even ANYTHING close to it. Keep failing. tried chats on facebook (on two different accounts, with two different addresses), tried calling, tried chats on their website... they keep saying it's postal code restricted and not giving me ANYTHING worthwhile (basically pointing me to the promotions page on the website)

How the heck do you guys get this promo... OP was in Vaughan and Waterloo... I'm in Kitchener. i think I heard a rep say it's for condos?... do I need a friend from a condo to sign up for me lol?!

Not sure what else to try
4 posts above yours hs1786 spelled out how he got it.. I understand not reading the whole thread... but even the last page ?
Dec 24, 2008
163 posts
11 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: If you only knew...
You should read the CIK thread.
Update: 1 month with CIK and no problems. Service is 600 down 90 up all day. From what I read up it seems the fiber condo services CIK offers is allot better then their residential. Rogers just called offering me 3 months free and 25 a month for 1 year. I rejected. CIK is a 2 year rate guarantee and as long as the service is good its better to spread out the money. Don't really appreciate the practice of only matching rates until your competitor goes bust.

Update: Area: North York in the Condos near Yorkdale mall. North of Yorkdale mall.
Last edited by OmgDrake on Oct 11th, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 19, 2013
362 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
OmgDrake wrote: Update: 1 month with CIK and no problems. Service is 600 down 90 up all day. From what I read up it seems the fiber condo services CIK offers is allot better then their residential. Rogers just called offering me 3 months free and 25 a month for 1 year. I rejected. CIK is a 2 year rate guarantee and as long as the service is good its better to spread out the money. Don't really appreciate the practice of only matching rates until your competitor goes bust.
Sounds very interesting!

But where are you located?

Different ISP's can have different levels of quality based on how good their setup is in a particular geographical area. In a big city, it can even get down to specific neighbourhoods having better service, compared to another. So it would help to know what general area, town, or city that is working for you with CIK, if you don't mind sharing.
Dec 24, 2008
163 posts
11 upvotes
gts123 wrote: Sounds very interesting!

But where are you located?

Different ISP's can have different levels of quality based on how good their setup is in a particular geographical area. In a big city, it can even get down to specific neighbourhoods having better service, compared to another. So it would help to know what general area, town, or city that is working for you with CIK, if you don't mind sharing.

North York in the Condos near Yorkdale mall. North of Yorkdale mall.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
OmgDrake wrote: Update: 1 month with CIK and no problems. Service is 600 down 90 up all day. From what I read up it seems the fiber condo services CIK offers is allot better then their residential. Rogers just called offering me 3 months free and 25 a month for 1 year. I rejected. CIK is a 2 year rate guarantee and as long as the service is good its better to spread out the money. Don't really appreciate the practice of only matching rates until your competitor goes bust.

Update: Area: North York in the Condos near Yorkdale mall. North of Yorkdale mall.
That's good to hear :)
Apr 19, 2013
362 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
OmgDrake wrote: North York in the Condos near Yorkdale mall. North of Yorkdale mall.
Thanks!

I'm in Downtown Toronto, but good to know you are seeing solid results with CIK as someone who is located in the GTA.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton

Seems good for wired speeds except the wifi speed on my external standalone wireless router is slower than the wifi when devices are connected directly to the modem's wifi
Last edited by endokuken on Oct 12th, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 11, 2009
300 posts
41 upvotes
have any new customers managed to get this deal? if so how?
Zoomer 45 - 6GB
Fido mobile and data
Tangerine

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)