• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2009 9:54 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 10, 2008
162 posts
20 upvotes

Rogers Internet Deals

I need a good deal on rogers cable internet. dreading moving back to rogers but need a good deal. anything going on right now like used to be where futureshop/bestbuy would give you a 100$ gift card or so with the kit?
Right now rogers is asking for 49.99$ per month for the express, which includes modem rental, plus 15$ activation fee, + some ridiculous modem pickup fee of 10$, and they are sayign hey can give me a discount of $5 per month for 6 months if i sign a one year contract. if i cancel not only do i have to pay the diference in my savings (which would have been fine), but rather i have to pay $20 per month of remianing service.

this all sounds like quite the ripoff. anyone know of anything comparable or if bell will be better? i have a fido and rogers phone too with huge bills, they are saying i can get 10% off services if i am signed on for 2 years!!!! ridiculous!!! if you have any good deals on rogers please let me know soon as i need to order it in next day or two.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
11290 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto
If you have other services from rogers, call their loyalty line. TO get this, call their 1-800 number and ask to cancel services at the voice prompt to get to loyalty.

Then, depending on your ARPU level (average revenue per user), they can extend you discounts on all items (internet, cable, phone, etc.).
[OP]
Jun 10, 2008
162 posts
20 upvotes
i just spoke with rogers customer service when i requested service cancellation. This is ridiculous. they are offering me a lower discount than the regular customer service offered me. he had offered me 10$ for 6 months or 5$ off per month for 12 months. retention offered me 5$ per month for 6 months only.
my accumulated bill with my rogers cell is around 150$ a monht and fido around 120-150 a month.
i feel utterly frustrated with the lack of competition. because ultimately i know i will still have to go with rogers. and need my gsm cell phone due to travelling abroad and having paid full price for my bold i cant switch to bell or telus.

any other alternatives?
Jul 26, 2003
99 posts
Toronto
do you really need to have cable internet? What's wrong with DSL?

I'm on Teksavvy... and I think they're great
[OP]
Jun 10, 2008
162 posts
20 upvotes
well its not that i absolutely need rogers...i had acanac for a couple of months, and while i loved that the speed was almsot the same as rogers, and unlimited downloads, the downtime was just horrible. my modem would go down eveyr couple of hours, and i had more than a few outages ranging from hours to one that lasted 2 days, and thats when i decided it jsut wasn't worth it. techsavvy is in the same boat, being resellers of bell they are at bell's disposal. i wanted to get bell, but dont have a landline and it was going to end up costing me more than rogers. i might still get bell, its jsut that i am not sure how the service compares to rogers interms of speed and uptime. generally however, their plans, downlaods caps, and speed seemto be similar to rogers.
May 30, 2006
386 posts
14 upvotes
London
Is there any good deals on rogers internet?
× < >