• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2011 9:51 am
Tags:
None
Jan 19, 2009
893 posts
35 upvotes

rogers and iphone 5 reservations/orders

Hi guys quick question, i am eligible for a hardware upgrade as of last month but opted to wait for the iphone 5 which is rumoured to be coming out this october...i have owned a 3gs and a iphone 4 but never have i had to buy it during first release days so i don't know whats the best way to get my hands on the 5 when it comes out first day....I have seen/read of hugh hugh lineups and apple stores on release days but i am planning on getting it subsidized through rogers so buying full price at apple is a no no for me....does rogers take reservations leading up to the release date? best bet to go line up at a rogers store in the mall on release day or give them a call to send me one over the phone? thanks guys!
6 replies
Temp. Banned
Feb 16, 2005
13610 posts
140 upvotes
Winnipeg
Go to apple, get in line, hup through Rogers.... Only way you will get it on release... They seem to be getting more prepared then last time, however.... This would be the for sure way.... IMO
driving to NS to move, be back in a weekish
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1283 posts
71 upvotes
I am wondering if this is possible.

I line up for the release and get two iphone 5.

1 rogers locked (HUP)
1 full price unlocked

Ask the Apple staff to only activate the unlocked phone for use (or just plug my current sim card in if it takes a normal sim card)

Dont activate the locked rogers phone and sell it bnib. This way I get to have an unlocked phone.

Has anyone done something similar?
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
jjboy wrote: I am wondering if this is possible.

I line up for the release and get two iphone 5.

1 rogers locked (HUP)
1 full price unlocked

Ask the Apple staff to only activate the unlocked phone for use (or just plug my current sim card in if it takes a normal sim card)

Dont activate the locked rogers phone and sell it bnib. This way I get to have an unlocked phone.

Has anyone done something similar?

pretty much what others have done during last year's release.

I heard things are different this year? I think you have to make an appointment at the apple store or there might be a buy limit? Hopefully, apple will do something against the hoarders.
Jan 19, 2009
893 posts
35 upvotes
Kakarot wrote: Go to apple, get in line, hup through Rogers.... Only way you will get it on release... They seem to be getting more prepared then last time, however.... This would be the for sure way.... IMO

wait what?.....so go to apple on release day and line up and buy the phone at full price, and then call rogers to reimburse you for the hard ware upgrade?? apple and rogers lets you do that|?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2011
1021 posts
70 upvotes
Dieppe
enter wrote: wait what?.....so go to apple on release day and line up and buy the phone at full price, and then call rogers to reimburse you for the hard ware upgrade?? apple and rogers lets you do that|?

No. You can do upgrades at Apple as you would at Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
Rogers also has their newish phone reservation system, which should allow reservations for the next iPhone. You place a $40 deposit and order the phone to be picked up at whatever Rogers store you choose and when it arrives, you go and pick it up. Probably take a few days/weeks longer than lining up, but a better chance of actually getting one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)