Page 1 of 1

Rogers LTE sim $20?

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 8:52 am
by kotoula
So I went in to the Robber's store in DT Calgary to see what kind of phones they had for open box. I also wanted to try out LTE since I finally rid myself of my iPhone. $20 for the LTE sim upgrade, is this the going rate for this? And the clerk was pretty vague about the demo phones be had in the back. I said anything Samsung so he brought out a galaxy S2 for$350 & an S3 which he originally said was $450. It had a visible scratch on the screen and when I expressed shock at the price he said the best he could do was $400...pretty sad offerings I must say. I didn't have time to negotiate but my husband needs an upgrade from his galaxy ace do I was interested in the S2. But not for$350. The back of the phone was very scuffed up and I was shocked at the price gouging. Well not really shocked, they are Robber's after all....

Re: Rogers LTE sim $20?

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 10:03 am
by tmpz
I paid $10 for my nano LTE sim. Check the Rogers website.

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 10:45 am
by dragon_drift
Pretty sure it's only $10. Unless they're charging you an extra $10 for administration fees.

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 1:02 pm
by Keigotw
Sim cards are only $10 + tax
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/sim-cart

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 1:09 pm
by bembol
It should be $10.

Free if you try asking tell them you upgraded.

I haven't paid for a SIM card In a long time and I've been switching back and forth with Apple and Samsung.

It's ridiculous they are charging I don't understand why they can't reuse it.

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 5:32 pm
by loybond
Just go to your nearest Apple store, they hand them out free. Can't believe people sell sim cards in BST.

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 7:23 pm
by kotoula
Crap well it looks like Robber's bent me over once again. For fsck sakes what a bunch of freaking scammers. It was the same ***** who tried to sell me a fscking scratched s3 for $450 then quickly lowered the price to $400 when I gasped.

I can't wait for the day when I can kick those a$$holes to the curb.

Fsck.

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 8:13 pm
by Ironsmack
If you bought the phone, you can return it within 14 days or less than 30 mins talk time.

Then again, if they really piss you off - im sure they're not the only rogers store within your area.

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 9:20 pm
by dragon_drift
loybond wrote: Just go to your nearest Apple store, they hand them out free. Can't believe people sell sim cards in BST.
How do you ask? They said they only give it out if you purchased a phone from them and must show receipt.

Posted: Jan 24th, 2013 10:00 pm
by mmmken
I got mine for free. I replaced my data plan with a LTE 6GB plan through retentions and just told the Rogers store that retentions sent me here to pick up a replacement sim, lol.

Posted: Jan 25th, 2013 11:05 pm
by jdmfishingonly
The SIM cards are the same .... it makes no difference because the signal is already LTE ...

Posted: Jan 26th, 2013 12:24 am
by Keigotw
AV-Fishing wrote: The SIM cards are the same .... it makes no difference because the signal is already LTE ...
if you have lte device you need lte sim

Posted: Jan 26th, 2013 12:30 am
by jdmfishingonly
Keigotw wrote: if you have lte device you need lte sim
Incorrect ... my fiance has a mini SIM that I cut into the micro SIM ... and it works on the Note II at LTE speeds ...

Posted: Jan 26th, 2013 1:09 am
by kotoula
AV-Fishing wrote: The SIM cards are the same .... it makes no difference because the signal is already LTE ...
WTF seriously dude? You mean I could have somehow got LTE on my other SIM? That's what I asked that prick at the Roger's store....he told me I needed a new SIM to get LTE.

Posted: Jan 26th, 2013 1:13 am
by enhanced
AV-Fishing wrote: Incorrect ... my fiance has a mini SIM that I cut into the micro SIM ... and it works on the Note II at LTE speeds ...
That doesn't sound right. Does it actually say LTE in the status bar or 4G? They are not the same.

Posted: Jan 26th, 2013 11:06 am
by Keigotw
maybe he had LTE ready sim?
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal ... 4294928235
[QUOTE]Rogers LTE SIM cards are marked as "LTE" on the front or back of the card. You can also confirm that a SIM card is LTE-ready by checking the number printed on the SIM card—it should indicate "403", "405", or "406" for digits 9–11.[/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://www.rogers.com/cms/images/en/Sup ... tesim2.jpg[/IMG]

Posted: Jan 27th, 2013 8:28 am
by undergrad
It wasn't easy for me to find a micro sim card with Fido simply because very few of their devices use them. As one user mentioned above you can always purchase a full size LTE sim card and cut it to size.

Posted: Jan 27th, 2013 2:56 pm
by mmmken
Um, they do make a difference. Perhaps your original SIM was already LTE capable. When I swapped my older SIM to a new LTE one, my device magically switched into LTE connectivity.
enhanced wrote: That doesn't sound right. Does it actually say LTE in the status bar or 4G? They are not the same.
LTE and 4G are the same thing on the Note II. The logo shows 4G (at the top), and can be confirmed as 4G LTE in the About screen. I am getting 50+ mbps down on my "4G".