[Rogers Wireless] Mastercard ($100 cash back) + $115(4gb plan for 2 ppl) HOT

Expiry:
February 19, 2016
More offers from Rogers Wireless
Rogers MC = $100 cashback.
I went to our Rogers store in BC to get my friend a plan and they offered us

Here is what they gave us :

Rogers MC = $100 Cash Back
$80 Biz Plan = 4GB (We dont have a business or the business # and they gave us this one. I'm not sure if they are allowed to but its cheaper than the regular ones)
$50 credit just to sign up and free sim card . ( they just offered to us. we didn't even ask for it )

I know the credit card is not for everyone but if you are using Rogers, might as well get it to save a bit with no fees.

There is a post about the Rogers MC. If you want more infos : rogers-platinum-mastercard-1-75-rogers- ... e-1836305/
I got convinced by the previous post but only got $35.
GW1204 wrote: I did a search and haven't found anything relating to this card yet.

Fairly basic card with some interesting features:

- 1.75% cash back on unlimited purchases, IN FORM OF ROGERS/FIDO CREDIT
- no foreign transaction fee applied
- annual fee of $29 waived for 1st year, waived thereafter as long as you used the card to preauthorize payments for any Rogers monthly bill

No travel insurance, no lounge access, no other special benefits besides those noted above.

Could be useful if you are a Rogers/Fido/Chatr customer.

EDIT 1

MasterCard = $100 Cashback = until Feb 29th

ShareEverything for Business ( do not need a Buisness # ) = until Feb 19th
This is BYOD plans.
$80

Unlimited Canada Wide
Unlimited texting
Caller ID
Voicemail
Roam like home ($5/day in USA, ( $10/day in Europe and Asia ) ----( not quite sure. Correct me if I'm wrong. it is a bit confusing )
4gb of data ( $10/2gb )

Additional phone #

$35 = talk and text and data shared
$10 = Tablet
=========

$50 Bonus Credits Per Phone

Edit 2 :

Image[/IMG]
226 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
1785 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
The cash back earned plus the $100bonus can also be applied as a statment credit once a year.

This makes it better than the amazon visa especially for ebay/chinese store purchases in US $ to get 1.75% cb
Amazon visa only gives 1% on non amazon purchases.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7505 posts
40675 upvotes
Ontario
saberX wrote: The cash back earned plus the $100bonus can also be applied as a statment credit once a year.

This makes it better than the amazon visa especially for ebay/chinese store purchases in US $ to get 1.75% cb
Amazon visa only gives 1% on non amazon purchases.
they told me was the cash back can be use to pay your ROgers/Fido monthly bill. Only if you have $20 or more or you can do the annual credit statement.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1862 posts
494 upvotes
Were they offering the $100 just to sign up for the card or only if you took a plan?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1048 posts
405 upvotes
Waterloo
It's a $100 first-purchase cash back bonus from signing up, Retail stores only and no plan needed. This is good in ON, no idea about other provinces and is on until the end of the month.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
1785 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: they told me was the cash back can be use to pay your ROgers/Fido monthly bill. Only if you have $20 or more or you can do the annual credit statement.
Ya i would think ppl will be spending at least $1143 on the card during the year to be able to get $20 cb earned.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7505 posts
40675 upvotes
Ontario
cbt123 wrote: Were they offering the $100 just to sign up for the card or only if you took a plan?
They said card only but they are also giving us $50 bonus with the biz plan on byod
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7505 posts
40675 upvotes
Ontario
saberX wrote: Ya i would think ppl will be spending at least $1143 on the card during the year to be able to get $20 cb earned.
I'm paying about $300 for 4 lines.
These are my cards right now.

Rogers MC = Just to pay Rogers bill + buying online stuffs from China websites + US websites.
Costco MC = Costco things only
PC Card = My main card
Cibc Aeroplan card = Want to cancel this now cuz they charge me annual fee. ( got it with the $400 bonus )
Jan 12, 2008
964 posts
208 upvotes
Vancouver
Thatdealguy wrote: I'm paying about $300 for 4 lines.
These are my cards right now.

Rogers MC = Just to pay Rogers bill + buying online stuffs from China websites + US websites.
Costco MC = Costco things only
PC Card = My main card
Cibc Aeroplan card = Want to cancel this now cuz they charge me annual fee. ( got it with the $400 bonus )
I think the Rogers Card is better than the Cap One Costco for Costco purchases, plus the Cap One is tiered. The first $3000 is only 0.5% and 1% afterwards, vs the Rogers 1.75%. The best thing going for the Costco card is the 3% on restaurants.

I think the Rogers MC is a great option for a Rogers/Fido/Chatr customer. No Forex fee. Best used as a supplement to the general Gas/Grocery cards out there; I use it for the "everything else" category, USD purchases, and Costco.

Also, i just posted to the personal finance thread. I get cash back monthly and not in $20 increments.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7505 posts
40675 upvotes
Ontario
thefeebster wrote: I think the Rogers Card is better than the Cap One Costco for Costco purchases, plus the Cap One is tiered. The first $3000 is only 0.5% and 1% afterwards, vs the Rogers 1.75%. The best thing going for the Costco card is the 3% on restaurants.

I think the Rogers MC is a great option for a Rogers/Fido/Chatr customer. No Forex fee. Best used as a supplement to the general Gas/Grocery cards out there; I use it for the "everything else" category, USD purchases, and Costco.

Also, i just posted to the personal finance thread. I get cash back monthly and not in $20 increments.
darn. I was told 6% cash back for the first 3 months on anything. Damn I didn't read carefully. After you told me I searched up online and I found this.

Most personal items purchased are automatically insured against theft, loss or damage anywhere in the world for 120 days from the date of purchase when the full cost of the item is charged to your Capital One credit card. Covered items will be replaced or repaired or the purchase price will be reimbursed at the insurance company's discretion.

Does this mean if I buy a $1000+ laptop and someone stole it within 120 days, I will get the full price back?

I'm also using
Coast Capital credit card = for the Cellphone insurance ( if I lose a tablet or a smartphone, they will pay me back up to $200 i think )

I heard someone said TD also have something like this where if you lost or damaged something, they will pay you back the price in Full.
Jan 12, 2008
964 posts
208 upvotes
Vancouver
Thatdealguy wrote: darn. I was told 6% cash back for the first 3 months on anything. Damn I didn't read carefully. After you told me I searched up online and I found this.

Most personal items purchased are automatically insured against theft, loss or damage anywhere in the world for 120 days from the date of purchase when the full cost of the item is charged to your Capital One credit card. Covered items will be replaced or repaired or the purchase price will be reimbursed at the insurance company's discretion.

Does this mean if I buy a $1000+ laptop and someone stole it within 120 days, I will get the full price back?

I'm also using
Coast Capital credit card = for the Cellphone insurance ( if I lose a tablet or a smartphone, they will pay me back up to $200 i think )

I heard someone said TD also have something like this where if you lost or damaged something, they will pay you back the price in Full.
I do think there is a 3 month promo period where the cash back is doubled for the Cap One Costco. But i think it would only be 6% for restaurants, 4% for gas, etc.

I have no idea about the insurance, never really had to use that on any CC. :/ Hopefully someone can clarify it for you.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
581 upvotes
Mississauga
hmm, I'm currently paying my rogers bill with a MBNA card that offers 1%.

So, 150$ sign up bonus that can be used towards my Rogers account? 80$/mo seems too expensive for a cell phone plan.
Thatdealguy wrote:

If it was stolen, you'll need to provide a police report. If it was physically damaged, you'd need to provide an estimate for the repair, and return the product if possible. At least that's how it is on my dad's PC Financial card. (only ever used it one)
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Apr 24, 2013
238 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
link for $100 cash back?
website only says $35 cashback on first purchase
Feb 2, 2008
489 posts
210 upvotes
Montreal, QC
pleebent wrote: link for $100 cash back?
website only says $35 cashback on first purchase
+1

I haven't seen anything from Rogers showing $100 instead of $35. Where is this coming from?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2157 posts
368 upvotes
Caledon, ON
Here are the Details from the Rogers Bank MC Site: (https://www.rogersbank.com/en/card_deta ... mastercard)

Rogers™ Platinum MasterCard
  • Earn 1.75% cash back on all your purchases everywhere MasterCard® is accepted.
  • Apply your cash back to purchases made in Rogers branded stores or your monthly Rogers bill.
  • No foreign transaction fees:
    [INDENT]
    • With the Rogers Platinum MasterCard you only pay the foreign currency amount converted into Canadian dollars only.
    • Most Canadian credit cards add 2.5% on all foreign currency purchases, whether for online purchases or while you are traveling outside of Canada.
    • Rogers Bank will not charge you these additional fees or surcharges.
    • If you spent $1,000 on your Rogers Platinum MasterCard while on a trip to the U.S. you would save $25 in foreign transaction fees!
    [/INDENT]
  • Welcome bonus of $35 in cash back
  • You will never have to pay an annual fee as long as your Rogers bill is set up as a pre-authorized payment (on the Rogers MC)