7521 posts
40876 upvotes
Ontario

[Rogers Wireless] Mastercard $100 Cashback [EXTENDED]

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 9, 2016
More offers from Rogers Wireless
For those who missed it or did not get it, Rogers has extended the promo for another week.
I saw this at Lansdowne Mall but it should be Canadawide too.

The main reasons why I got this card are:

No 2.5% transaction fee
I have Rogers cellphone # so 1.75% cashback works for me
and $35 bonus ( Now it is $100 )

Fairly basic card with some interesting features:

- 1.75% cash back on unlimited purchases, IN FORM OF ROGERS/FIDO CREDIT
- no foreign transaction fee applied
- annual fee of $29 waived for 1st year, waived thereafter as long as you used the card to preauthorize payments for any Rogers monthly bill

No travel insurance, no lounge access, no other special benefits besides those noted above.

Could be useful if you are a Rogers/Fido/Chatr customer.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1784 posts
461 upvotes
North York
I called Rogers and the CSR said the $100 cashback is for new Rogers customers only so I only get $35 cashback. Is this true?
Banned
Feb 9, 2011
1393 posts
930 upvotes
Edmonton
thericyip wrote: I called Rogers and the CSR said the $100 cashback is for new Rogers customers only so I only get $35 cashback. Is this true?
No. I've been a Rogers customer for 3 or 4 years now and got the $100 cashback.
It's an in store (all stores) promo only though. Online/phone is $35.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4782 posts
1213 upvotes
Toronto
Can credit be applied to Rogers internet bill? And is the $100 applied to Rogers bill or is it a credit on your credit card? (not that it matters ultimately lol)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2007
6135 posts
1866 upvotes
Brampton
Becareful with this card. I was using it normally and suddenly they blocked my card and currently it is under review with no one telling me anything :(
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16873 posts
6673 upvotes
Oakville
fightbriz wrote: Can credit be applied to Rogers internet bill? And is the $100 applied to Rogers bill or is it a credit on your credit card? (not that it matters ultimately lol)
There is already a HUGE thread discussing this card here. I can't remember if it applies as a statement credit or not.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7383 posts
634 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote: Can credit be applied to Rogers internet bill? And is the $100 applied to Rogers bill or is it a credit on your credit card? (not that it matters ultimately lol)
Yes and you can set it up so every month when the Rogers charge hits your card you get your cashback pool cashed out as a statement credit towards that Rogers charge. Basically automatic monthly cashback payout. Winning.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7521 posts
40876 upvotes
Ontario
thericyip wrote: I called Rogers and the CSR said the $100 cashback is for new Rogers customers only so I only get $35 cashback. Is this true?
Store only. The csr probably wants to get the commission for him/herself?
Yes you can do it for Rogers Bill or the annual statement.
As long as you have $20 worth of pts, you can use it to pay for your bill instead of waiting for the end of the year.
Mayoo wrote: Becareful with this card. I was using it normally and suddenly they blocked my card and currently it is under review with no one telling me anything :(
That is strange. You might want to give them a call and ask them .
wearysky wrote: There is already a HUGE thread discussing this card here. I can't remember if it applies as a statement credit or not.
True there is a huge thread about the Card itself under the personal finance. This is somewhat a hotdeal because of the $100 and some people missed the deadline from my previous post .
Drew_W wrote: Yes and you can set it up so every month when the Rogers charge hits your card you get your cashback pool cashed out as a statement credit towards that Rogers charge. Basically automatic monthly cashback payout. Winning.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1134 posts
466 upvotes
Thanks. Went to a Rogers store and they didn't have a sign but said I would get $100 after the first purchase. Does anybody know when the first purchase has to be made by?
Aug 24, 2015
236 posts
700 upvotes
AB
Is the fee waived for ONLY Rogers? If I set up pre-auth for my Fido cellphone, can I get the annual fee waived?
Sep 23, 2013
77 posts
115 upvotes
Montreal
I applied for this last week instore and thanks to this thread and the previous one at
rogers-mastercard-100-cash-back-115-4gb ... 921261/14/
I was aware that there may be some issue with the cashback promo being applied (or not) during the application process. If you want to be sure, call the toll-free number and speak to the credit department. They'll be able to see immediately whether or not the promo has been applied. I hope this helps.

[More details: I called the credit department while in the store and had the salesguy talk to the credit department. Apparently, it was not obvious on the instore computer system how to add the promo to an application. Luckily, because I got the credit department to talk to the salesguy, the credit department was able to append the promo to my application. So, as others have noticed, bad execution and coordination on Rogers' part.]
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1616 posts
489 upvotes
puglife644 wrote: Is the fee waived for ONLY Rogers? If I set up pre-auth for my Fido cellphone, can I get the annual fee waived?
Yes, you can. :)
Feb 28, 2011
918 posts
169 upvotes
Surrey
So, apparently we need to have a share everything plan to get $100? Or was the CSR bs'ing me?