Computers & Electronics

Rogers "My Rogers," slow for anyone else?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2010 2:42 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 3, 2004
766 posts
63 upvotes

Rogers "My Rogers," slow for anyone else?

i'm getting really really annoyed with this BS now. evertime i've tried to check my internet bandwidth usage the app is down and doesn't work. I have tried atleast a dozen times and its the same thing everytime. I like to check my bandwith usage atleast once a week. since my month started I have not been successful in checking my bandwidth once, and its been 17days since my last month change over. even last month I've had problems.

can it be just me?
16 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
My Rogers is always slow for me.. especially in the wireless section!
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2539 posts
960 upvotes
Halifax
Their site has always been slow for me, and now its even slower with MyRogers... its pretty pathetic to think that this is the site of and ISP of all companies...
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
I'd raise some hell and if all else fails, find another ISP.
Aug 3, 2004
766 posts
63 upvotes
eldiablo wrote: I'd raise some hell and if all else fails, find another ISP.
yes, i think i'm gonna have to make a call to customer relations because i'm very unhappy with this situation.

funny thing is, i was going to cancel and switch to techsavvy but their original cable internet packages weren't that great (which they then shorty changed and became much better) and rogers gave me 30% off so i took that instead of changing, cuz as i said techsavvys cable pkgs were terrible. now I'm regretting it cuz this is an absolute joke.
Apr 11, 2009
964 posts
13 upvotes
Markham
Always has been, Always will be.
Feb 25, 2006
315 posts
22 upvotes
eldiablo wrote: I'd raise some hell and if all else fails, find another ISP.
I'm not with Rogers for my Home Internet, but I access this page for my cable and cell phone services. Regardless of where I access it from, either the office or at home, it's SLOW. So telling somebody to change their ISP at this point won't help although raising hell on the other hand :razz: :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6433 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
My Rogers is slow for me but it loads.
I'm able to view my Internet Usage.

Have you tried My Rogers from other connections like work?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
Recondo wrote: I'm not with Rogers for my Home Internet, but I access this page for my cable and cell phone services. Regardless of where I access it from, either the office or at home, it's SLOW. So telling somebody to change their ISP at this point won't help although raising hell on the other hand :razz: :razz:
do you think the difficulty in accessing "My Rogers" is by coincidence? me thinks Rogers is at it again.. :D
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1913 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
wtf.rogers.com

I have had painful experience with the site for the last few months. First it removed all my accounts. Then when I tried to re-register my cable tv account it say this account can not be registered so I contacted customer service, and was told it cannot be added because it has the same address as my wireless account, WTF? Finally cable tv account was registered but I cannot Make a Payment with credit card number on the site, another WTF?
Jan 13, 2009
776 posts
12 upvotes
Yeah, the MyRogers portal is pretty terrible. Everytime I log-in, I'm only able to check, maybe 1 thing, then everything I click after tells me it's "under maintenance". And really, really slow.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
max88 wrote: wtf.rogers.com

I have had painful experience with the site for the last few months. First it removed all my accounts. Then when I tried to re-register my cable tv account it say this account can not be registered so I contacted customer service, and was told it cannot be added because it has the same address as my wireless account, WTF? Finally cable tv account was registered but I cannot Make a Payment with credit card number on the site, another WTF?

sorry, but this is too funny. Something tells me that Rogers could care less about this.. :D
Mar 1, 2005
982 posts
Toronto
I go through much the same thing. Sorry for the thread necro, by the way.

I just find it laughable that Rogers is trying to push us all towards online billing when the system just doesn't work. I keep expecting to see clowncars at the rogers stores when I drive past, too.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
2002 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
Its super slow and it sometimes wont show my accounts, maybe i should call and argue for my additional bandwidth charges since i couldnt login to see my usage
Mar 1, 2005
982 posts
Toronto
We might as well start a class action suit alledging that Rogers deliberately limits access to this service for users who frequently go over cap, in order to be able to regularly overcharge them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)