Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Rogers] Internet $42.50 for 100 Mbps, $47.50 for 250 Mbps, Unlimited usage YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 3:59 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1464 posts
1174 upvotes

[Rogers] Internet $42.50 for 100 Mbps, $47.50 for 250 Mbps, Unlimited usage YMMV

Deal Link:
For existing customers, Rogers Ignite Internet packages are available for 50% off.

New customers: Also, check post #1712 of this thread
- Standard offer is $25 off for first 3 months. Activation fee is $15.
- Couple of weeks after service gets installed, follow the instructions below for existing customers. People in this thread have called in to cancel within 4 hours of activating service and have successfully gotten this deal. So, you don't have to wait couple of weeks.

Existing Rogers Internet customers:
- Call in to 1-888-ROGERS-1 to cancel service. Reason could be you received a competitive offer from Bell Internet for $40/month for unlimited usage.
- If the best the agent can do is 30% off, stay firm with cancelation. Schedule cancelation for roughly 2 weeks from the call date.
- You'll likely receive a call from winback department asking reason for cancellation, and they'd give you 50% off.
- If you don't receive call from winback in a week's time, call 1-855-381-7834. Only call this number if you put up a cancellation notice on account. Without the notice, they won't talk to you. Say "I missed a call from this number".

50% off is available for all Ignite Internet packages. So if you don't really need high speeds or unlimited usage, and want 50% off for Ignite 30 or Ignite 60, follow the same process
2157 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
1213 posts
107 upvotes
Vaughan, On
robbers & Hotdeals dont usually come in one sentence...
Feb 2, 2015
824 posts
442 upvotes
jian1 wrote: robbers & Hotdeals dont usually come in one sentence...
Disagree, their service might not be the cheapest but has been fairly stable and consistent.

And you should check out the thread on the 50 bucks after tax deal (which is expired now) and see how many people jumped on it.
Nov 21, 2001
856 posts
159 upvotes
Markham
I'm considering switching from Teksavvy to Rogers. This is a great deal! Does anyone know if Rogers still throttles?
Feb 2, 2015
824 posts
442 upvotes
groo wrote: I'm considering switching from Teksavvy to Rogers. This is a great deal! Does anyone know if Rogers still throttles?
Using it now and last month I had close to 1TB of traffic with no throttling.

Used to be a Teksavvy customer before and I know they throttle even on the unlimited packages for some reason.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1906 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
spammy wrote: Disagree, their service might not be the cheapest but has been fairly stable and consistent.

And you should check out the thread on the 50 bucks after tax deal (which is expired now) and see how many people jumped on it.
Rogers internet is stable??!!
Dec 11, 2003
60 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
groo wrote: I'm considering switching from Teksavvy to Rogers. This is a great deal! Does anyone know if Rogers still throttles?
Considering switching too but from Vmedia. $25 to jump from 30mbps to 100mbps seems good.
Feb 2, 2015
824 posts
442 upvotes
amiratish wrote: Rogers internet is stable??!!
You'll get even less stability from the resellers who are just reselling Rogers lines.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1676 posts
1073 upvotes
Ottawa Valley
Last I heard they do.

Still, my teksavvy 30/5 (300, now 400)has gone from $40 a month to now $$62 a month.

I can't recommend teksavvy anymore. I get weekly downtime, have had weeks of solid downtime in the past(never any credit to the account), terrible support and for the past year, I get my advertised speeds after midnight only, rest of the time I'm lucky to get half. Lots of people I know have left as their prices keep going up.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts.
Apr 17, 2012
200 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
amiratish wrote: Rogers internet is stable??!!
Rogers internet is good for some area, only downside is they may price up 3 months later
Feb 2, 2015
824 posts
442 upvotes
Neocodex wrote: Last I heard they do.

Still, my teksavvy 30/5 (300, now 400)has gone from $40 a month to now $$62 a month.

I can't recommend teksavvy anymore. I get weekly downtime, have had weeks of solid downtime in the past(never any credit to the account), terrible support and for the past year, I get my advertised speeds after midnight only, rest of the time I'm lucky to get half. Lots of people I know have left as their prices keep going up.

That is why I gave up on them, used to be their customer for a good 2 years as well.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10060 posts
12664 upvotes
Toronto
theganguly wrote: Knowing how much Rogers is (rightfully) hated by people, wanted to start off by saying that neither do I work for Rogers, nor do I use Rogers services.

Just found couple of plans that might interest few people. Their newer plans are called 'Ignite' instead of 'Hybrid Fibre'.

Anyways, they are:

250 Mbps down / 20 Mbps up (unlimited) - $95 + tax (HF250 was $100 for 500 GB + $25 for unlimited)
100 Mbps down / 10 Mbps up (unlimited) - $85 + tax (HF150 was $86 for 350 GB + $25 for unlimited)

Note: Activation fee $15 for new customers, Installation fee varying from $10-$50 depending on type of installation chosen. All plans have $25 off for first 3 months. No term contract as far as I know.

There are 60 Mbps and 30 Mbps plans too but I think they end up being more expensive.

These new plans only help those who have high usage AND need very high speeds (at least 100 Mbps).
Interesting plans...I'm paying $50 (before tax) for 60/10 & 320GB with my 50% off internet. Switching to the 100/10 would save me $8/month.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1906 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
cwchange wrote: Rogers internet is good for some area, only downside is they may price up 3 months later
Rogers is not stable in my area at all, the download speed for 60Mb plan is usually less than 8 Mb.
a friend of mine used to program Rogers switches couple of years ago and he mentioned Rogers having more than normal customer on one switch in some area.
in my area any deal from Rogers is ICE.
BTW, Thanks OP, hopefully someone find it useful
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1906 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
9394 wrote: Interesting plans...I'm paying $50 (before tax) for 60/10 & 320GB with my 50% off internet. Switching to the 100/10 would save me $8/month.
Pricing
Monthly Total:

$59.99/month for the first 3 months2$84.99/month thereafter7
One Time Fees:

Installation: $49.99
Activation: $14.95
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
1213 posts
107 upvotes
Vaughan, On
I have no need for such a high speed, actually been Teksavvy 15/1 plan for years and it satisfies me well... except that I recently moved to a new home and Teksavvy no longer services this area. What do you recommend? how's electronicbox?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto
I'll stick to my rogers 60 down 10 up + unlimited usage plan for $61.01 including taxes, with free modem rental, for now.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1464 posts
1174 upvotes
jian1 wrote: I have no need for such a high speed, actually been Teksavvy 15/1 plan for years and it satisfies me well... except that I recently moved to a new home and Teksavvy no longer services this area. What do you recommend? how's electronicbox?
OP here. Been using ebox cable internet for 2 days now and it is pretty stable. I am in Scarborough, btw.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2761 posts
1323 upvotes
I never thought I'd say this but what the hell are you guys going to do with 250 mbit down and 20 mbit up at your home besides running servers or pirating a tonne of stuff?

LOL

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)