Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[rogers] nhl game center live 2014/2015

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2014 9:00 am
Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2013
106 posts
105 upvotes

[rogers] nhl game center live 2014/2015

Source: https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/checkp ... p?b=rogers

Attention Rogers Customer:

Thank you for being a Rogers Subscriber. We hope you enjoy NHL GameCenter LIVE™.

Please enter your 12 digit promotion code below and the required information on the next page to set up your access to NHL GameCenter LIVE™.

*Every game dating back to the 2007-2008 season. Blackout and other restrictions apply. NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and NHL GameCenter LIVE and NHL Vault are trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2014. All Rights Reserved.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will customers who subscribe to Rogers Super Sports Pack finally get NHL Game Centre Live access?

Sounds HOT to me!

#InB4groupSharingThread
#YourMoveBell
#TSN4Jokes
27 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1071 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone no when the online prices will be avail?
Dec 27, 2013
106 posts
105 upvotes
This would be a first for Rogers Customers, as this option was not available last year!
Dec 27, 2013
106 posts
105 upvotes
8008135 wrote: reddit ftw!
Not reliable, the LUAC file always needed to be updated every week and even then it was a crapshoot!
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1171 posts
958 upvotes
Edmonton
GTFO786 wrote: Not reliable, the LUAC file always needed to be updated every week and even then it was a crapshoot!
Didn't have to update my file at all past season.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21222 posts
5938 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Is it still true that people living in the Toronto area cannot get the Live Leafs games on NHL GCL without "special measures" to mask their location?
- casual gastronomist -
Dec 27, 2013
106 posts
105 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: Is it still true that people living in the Toronto area cannot get the Live Leafs games on NHL GCL without "special measures" to mask their location?
No idea, wait till OPs link updates with more information. As this is the first NHL season Rogers has exclusive rights to
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
i'd rather rogers had the nba league pass. to watch lebrons games!
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Dec 27, 2013
106 posts
105 upvotes
mikka1989 wrote: i'd rather rogers had the nba league pass. to watch lebrons games!
I'd rather NFL GAME PASS
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1073 posts
479 upvotes
Edmonton
Is GCL actually smooth like TV? Or is it juddery like YouTube? I downloaded GCL on the PS4 and the highlights look like garbage...not smooth and too much motion blur. Also does GCL have 5.1 surround? If the answer is no to both of these, GCL is useless.
Dec 27, 2013
106 posts
105 upvotes
wetcardboard wrote: Is GCL actually smooth like TV? Or is it juddery like YouTube? I downloaded GCL on the PS4 and the highlights look like garbage...not smooth and too much motion blur. Also does GCL have 5.1 surround? If the answer is no to both of these, GCL is useless.
Better than TV , 1080p version on GCL feels like your holding the camera above the players - no choppy or lag video
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
1201 posts
1693 upvotes
Calgary
GTFO786 wrote: Better than TV , 1080p version on GCL feels like your holding the camera above the players - no choppy or lag video
What makes me mad is that when VLC stream were working, the VLC streams offered a higher quality bit rate than GCL offers. It's ironic because the VLC streams were using the GCL streams sans encryption so we know GCL can offer higher bit rate but choose not to. I believe GCL caps out at 3500 kbps while VLC offered 4200 kbps. On a good connection 4200 kbps was amazing, almost like Ultra High Frame Rate that the Hobbit movies offer. It would be great to see GCL offer 4200 kbps this year.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2001
4233 posts
248 upvotes
Calgary
I've had free GCL when I buy Centre Ice through Bell in Calgary for 5 years or so. I hope the new tv deal doesn't change that.
Oct 8, 2010
153 posts
32 upvotes
About 50% of leafs game this season are being broadcast nationally which means that they are not available on nhl gamecenter. You will only get a handful of games on gamecenter. That being said, if you go through a VPN and set location to Russia, you can get it for $100. If you also buy NHL 15, there is a $25 dollar coupon in there so you can bring your price down even more.
Dec 27, 2013
106 posts
105 upvotes
masfenix wrote: About 50% of leafs game this season are being broadcast nationally which means that they are not available on nhl gamecenter. You will only get a handful of games on gamecenter. That being said, if you go through a VPN and set location to Russia, you can get it for $100. If you also buy NHL 15, there is a $25 dollar coupon in there so you can bring your price down even more.
This could change due to the ROGERS deal
Jan 25, 2012
39 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
To answer your question, under the old blackout policy, yes, all Maple leaf games were subject to blackout, along with any games being broadcast on CBC, TSN, TSN 2, Sportsnet and Leafs TV.

When the Rogers deal was announced, they specifically made mention that they were getting rid of the blackout policy. It was covered by almost every major media outlet in their recaps of that initial press conference (and you can still find it easily through google) Since then, they have somewhat backtracked and kept mum on what their actual policy is. As a longtime subscriber to GCL, I've emailed them repeatedly asking for clarification but their answers are always either a generic stock answer from a template or as in the case of my last email, They wrote, "Per your request, please allow this email to serve as confirmation for the removal of the auto-renewal feature from your account." Naturally, I didn't ask to opt out at all but rather a simple answer as to their blackout policy.

Here's why it's important to know what's what. TSN still has " regional"rights to the Jets (54 games), Sens (60 games) and Leafs (26 games). Where as in the past, Jets (and Habs) games were broadcast on the TSN Winnipeg and TSN Montreal and were not subject to blackout, TSN has now launched 5 National channels, TSN 1-5. The important thing to note here is that these are now National channels and any content they show is subject to the old Blackout policy.

Rogers is going to do the same and are about to apply to the CRTC for additional channels. Rogers wasn't stupid when they bought the rights, yes, you're going to have more access to games but you're also going to have to pay for these new channels in some bundle or another.

The fact that we're a month away from pre-season and they still haven't clarified this new blackout policy is concerning to say the least. If they revert to the old blackout policy and with the launch of TSN 3-5, along with Rogers intention to broadcast games on everything from Sportsnet One, Sportsnet 360, City TV, the number of games subject to blackout is going to be significant.

Obviously, opting for a monthly VPN service solves the problem but you're somewhat missing the point about telecommunication companies and their conflict of interest in being both the supplier and distributor of content.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)