Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Pay as you Go $120 / year - unlimited text + weekend / evening calling

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2018 4:06 am
Sep 14, 2008
177 posts
171 upvotes
barginfreak wrote: Thinking of getting this plan....
1. can anyone confirm being or not being charged for voicemail. The promo has only a few fine lines and no mention of voicemail being charged, however when going to the general features/add-on page (voicemail link), i see the statement of voicemail being charged at regular rate. Now is this plan the exception, and voicemail is free to leave messages and to listen from a landline just like Fido and others are doing??

2. How do you get the 10% top-up bonus?

3. this plan is $120 + monthly free (911,etc), right? monthly prepaid fees are not included.

thx
I'll try to answer some questions (while I'm on my phone)

1. Voicemail is charged at regular rate. Treat all phone calls as if you had picked them up instead of your phone. You can turn off this function by calling in and asking them to turn it off. I always have had it off and I would not recommend it UNLESS you need it (i.e. You are constantly expecting important business calls or appointments).

2. You get a top up bonus for setting up your auto payment by credit card. I recommend doing it on your myrogers account because rogers have always messed it up when I call them to change it for me.

So the first one you can set up is $120 will be taken from your credit card when payment is due for the next year. And you get $12 bonus which expires like your regular money.

Then you may also set up a regular low balance amount. So this amount is in excess of your plan (like your regular minutes). And this is just like your regular pay as you go amount.

PLEASE NOTE: you will have two different expiry dates to manage. One for your yearly plan and one for your regular pay as you go balance
Sep 14, 2008
177 posts
171 upvotes
luck4u2u wrote: Where can I find on Rogers' website stating that Picture and Video Message are included in this $120 Pay as Go plan? I read the footnote #1 for the Unlimited Canadian text messages on the promotion page which stated:
"1. Compatible device required. Includes Extreme text messages sent from Canada to Canadian wireless number and received texts from anywhere. Sent/received premium texts (alerts, messages related to content and promotions), sent international texts and sent/received Extreme text) while roaming not included and charged at applicable rates. To learn more about Extreme text, go to rogers.com/extremetext." I further looked up for the definition of Extreme Text Messaging. Extreme Text Messaging allows you to do more with text such as sending a text to a distribution list, creating a personal signature and blocking unwanted texts.
Unfortunately it isn't explicitly listed there. But the unlimited text is the same criteria as their unlimited texting plan.

In addition, when I call about my plan, the automated message says I get free picture and video messages.

I also tested this and sent 6 pictures and it's free. I even went to my myrogers account and it shows up as $0 data when you look at your transactions history.
Sep 14, 2008
177 posts
171 upvotes
phht wrote: The plan is a good deal if one can exercise self control not to call or pick up call on week days. It's hard to shut off the phone during week days as one has to use unlimited texting. (a bait feature by Robber?)
As three is need to pay for 911 charge, the account always has balance and will diminish at 50 cents/min rate when one loose self control.(maybe 4 rings then go to voice mail could get charge too?)

Edit: Can someone confirm there is monthly 911 fee? if not then one can pretty worry free about weekdays calling as there is 0 balance in the account to charge for. If so I can get this plan for my wife , pay $120 up front and worry free after that.
My understanding is that it's included. Especially since you can set up auto payments for your $120 plan which is separate from your pay as you go balance.

But I'm not 100% sure
Jul 19, 2008
167 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal
goofball wrote: I'm on the old $100 plan and it does not include. Costs $.50 to send a picture, never tried a video.
Thanks for the confirmation.

I guess I'll be switching to the $120 plan
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
2107 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
I am thinking of switching my Koodo plan from March promo over to this Rogers plan, can I find the 100$ Rogers voucher anywhere other than the Rogers stores, I am interested in spending my points rather than cash at RCSS or ShoppersDrugMart etc., also have some Walmart GC's I can use.Will I need to purchase a SIM card as well and how much will that be?
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
Shoppers won't let you redeem points for a prepaid card. I don't know if RCSS will (I've heard of PCPlus points being used for gift cards).

I think you can order a SIM card online for $10.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
MaverickCSX wrote: Does anyone know if the Unlimited Canadian Text Messaging includes Picture/Video Messages?

I have the old $100/yr plan and was able to send 3 picture messages successfully (I have a $0 balance btw). Then the next time I tried sending a picture message it fails saying I have insufficient funds. Weird...
loonie wrote: I am thinking of switching my Koodo plan from March promo over to this Rogers plan, can I find the 100$ Rogers voucher anywhere other than the Rogers stores, I am interested in spending my points rather than cash at RCSS or ShoppersDrugMart etc., also have some Walmart GC's I can use.Will I need to purchase a SIM card as well and how much will that be?
I buy mine at RCSS all the time. I think I've seen them at SDM around here as well. Can't say I've looked at any of the Walmart's. The last place I've ever gone to get one is a Rogers store, lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
2107 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Shoppers won't let you redeem points for a prepaid card. I don't know if RCSS will (I've heard of PCPlus points being used for gift cards).

I think you can order a SIM card online for $10.
I was planning to cash my PC points to get either PC gift card or Shoppers gift card, I looked earlier and only saw $25 ones at my RCSS, that is why I was wondering if anyone has seen/ bought them.
goofball wrote: I buy mine at RCSS all the time. I think I've seen them at SDM around here as well. Can't say I've looked at any of the Walmart's. The last place I've ever gone to get one is a Rogers store, lol.
Thanks, I will go and look again at my local RCSS and Shoppers. Maybe I will pick up The SIM from Rogers store, is there no way to get a free SIM when porting my account over from another carrier.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
[QUOTE]
Thanks, I will go and look again at my local RCSS and Shoppers. Maybe I will pick up The SIM from Rogers store, is there no way to get a free SIM when porting my account over from another carrier.[/QUOTE]

I am a Rogers customer already but i was able to get a free sim by asking for it at the Rogers store. They never asked if i was an existing customer or any info.
Jul 19, 2008
167 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal
loonie wrote: I was planning to cash my PC points to get either PC gift card or Shoppers gift card, I looked earlier and only saw $25 ones at my RCSS, that is why I was wondering if anyone has seen/ bought them.

Thanks, I will go and look again at my local RCSS and Shoppers. Maybe I will pick up The SIM from Rogers store, is there no way to get a free SIM when porting my account over from another carrier.
I have also bought the vouchers from Walmart, BestBuy and even at Maxi (Loblaws/Provigo)
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2637 posts
2974 upvotes
Niagara, ON
I have some Rogers pay as you go SIMs sitting around from a few years ago when they were free and everyone on RFD grabbed 5 just because
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
2107 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
goofball wrote: I am a Rogers customer already but i was able to get a free sim by asking for it at the Rogers store. They never asked if i was an existing customer or any info.
I will try my luck this weekend, since I need two....
MaverickCSX wrote: I have also bought the vouchers from Walmart, BestBuy and even at Maxi (Loblaws/Provigo)
My local Shoppers has the $100 and $20 vouchers but when I asked if I can pay for them with Shoppers gift card I was told a flat out NO, I know I can not redeem points for the vouchers but GC's are like money. I hope she did not know and I trust RFD communities knowledge way more than any cashiers.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1637 posts
270 upvotes
Coming back to this despite my numerous complaints. A change of scenario.

Already a Rogers PAYG subscriber (a line for my son) with about $150 in balance. Recently complaint to CCTS about Rogers raising the call charge from $0.25 to $0.50 without informing me. I had signed up specifically for the $0.25 plan, Rogers increased my balance to $200 and delayed expiry for another year. Now my son has one year to use up $200 before we leave Rogers for good. This might be one way to do it. The $80 would be just in case, and I am pretty sure Rogers will find a way to make sure it is taken!
Jan 30, 2006
574 posts
158 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
makaturing wrote: Me too. HUGE price increase for this plan, and it's posted as a "Hot Deal". :lol:
I was with the $100/ year plan, but the problem is that I got charge for 50c/call, 15c/text, I would like to go with $120 year for unlimited text and unlimited weekend, I probably have 1000 texts a month
Jan 30, 2006
574 posts
158 upvotes
Richmond Hill, Toron…
crystallight wrote: I'm still using Wing prepaid.
Unlimited incoming calls, $5 per month for unlimited Canada/US texting, 20 cents per minute outgoing calls. Minimum topup is $80 for the year. I've yet to need to use over $80 per year. Great plan :)
my husband uses wind, but problem is there are many place wind couldn't work, and rogers has better reception.
Apr 26, 2015
190 posts
291 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Just called.

she said Picture/video/Gif etc text messages you will be charged unless you do it over WIFI. Also is there a way around paying the full $120 up front

Also there is the 3 features, but not much point. if a telemarketer leaves you a message, you get billed.

Was my first rep, so i take it with a grain of salt. but can anyone tell me differently? being billed for picture/gifs is kinda dunno.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1534 posts
406 upvotes
Found this from Rogers web site:

"Postpaid customers who subscribed to price plans prior to October 5, 2009 will be charged a $0.75 9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee each month. The fee is charged to provide our customers with access to emergency services.

The 9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee is NOT a government fee or a tax. The 9-1-1 fee appears on your bill as the "9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee."

Certain provinces and municipalities charge an additional monthly 9-1-1 government fee, which are outlined in the chart below under Monthly 9-1-1 Government Fee.

For Pay As You GoTM customers, a $0.75 monthly 9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee and applicable provincial or municipal government fees are applied to your account.

All emergency calls placed to 9-1-1 from a Rogers Wireless phone continue to be free of charge.
......."

It looks like there is a .75 charge for 911 then you will need top up with min $10 every 30 days for the Pay as you go $120/year. Hope I am wrong on this.....
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4598 posts
1658 upvotes
Brampton
phht wrote:
It looks like there is a .75 charge for 911 then you will need top up with min $10 every 30 days for the Pay as you go $120/year. Hope I am wrong on this.....
Yes, you are. $120 gets you the 50 daytime. You get charged for overage, long distance, data. Any topups are good for the year.
Apr 26, 2015
190 posts
291 upvotes
Barrie, ON
hmm

Signed up guys. Was charged the $120, but the lady also said rogers gave me a credit of $20 to use. anyone know why.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1315 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does the credit carry over to next year if I cant finish $120 within 12 months?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)