Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Pay as you Go $120 / year - unlimited text + weekend / evening calling

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2018 4:06 am
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
qaz393 wrote: so i gave them a call and they say all incoming calls will use ur minute if u pick up or not......
Wrong.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
259 upvotes
Vancouver
thedon wrote: I've never been charged for not answering a call unless I have voicemail activated.

A warning with this plan, I was charged long distance calling some local business phone numbers. I used up $8 while calling the local Telus internet support number in the evening. I called in and they gave me a good will credit on it but they said some business numbers you have to pay to call. Someone a few pages back did mention land lines where not included in this phone plan, I guess this might be true.
If we don't keep any extra "money" in our account, can't they not take anything or do we owe them when we get more put money on our pre paid account?
Feb 16, 2004
496 posts
155 upvotes
Vancouver
qaz393 wrote: so i gave them a call and they say all incoming calls will use ur minute if u pick up or not......
Disable VM and you won't be charged a dime if you don't pick-up.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
I can confirm the default voicemail was disabled as Rogers picked up the call and there was nothing being left on the new number.

Voicemail is a borderline fraud on these prepaid plans. From Mobilicity to everyone else. It becomes a much bigger problem when you are out of town/country as long distance applied also when the stupid phone routes the call long distance back to the voicemail so you get charged not only minutes but also LD !

The only fix is not to use it. Plain stupid. I believe WIND Mobile is more honest in the VM thing when I was with them back then.
Last edited by ppl4golf on Nov 20th, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2862 posts
1800 upvotes
ppl4golf wrote:

Voicemail is a borderline fraud on these prepaid plans.
How is it anything close to fraud. Voicemail usage is clearly stated. You don't like it , you don't use it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Androidmarshmellow wrote: How is it anything close to fraud. Voicemail usage is clearly stated. You don't like it , you don't use it.
Why are you quoting one line and not the rest of my resasoning?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2862 posts
1800 upvotes
ppl4golf wrote: Why are you quoting one line and not the rest of my resasoning?
If you're out of the country , roaming charges apply regardless of which provider or plan you have ...
Jun 30, 2010
472 posts
239 upvotes
Edmonton
So I have 2 kids on speakout text plans. It seems that there is no downside on this plan other than the $100 speakout top up with the free $25.00. It seems for $20.00 a year more my kids will have calling after 6pm and as long I disable voicemail all is good.

That about it?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6084 posts
1868 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
camdelle wrote: So I have 2 kids on speakout text plans. It seems that there is no downside on this plan other than the $100 speakout top up with the free $25.00. It seems for $20.00 a year more my kids will have calling after 6pm and as long I disable voicemail all is good.

That about it?
$100 for 1 year? is the call is unlimited nights and weekends?
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Jun 30, 2010
472 posts
239 upvotes
Edmonton
There is no calling included with the speakout plan. Thats why for $20.00 a year more my kid will have calling from 6pm to 7 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Androidmarshmellow wrote: If you're out of the country , roaming charges apply regardless of which provider or plan you have ...
True but there can be spam calls that you are screwed regardless you pick up or not pick up and routed to VM.
Actually will be worse if routed to VM as you get dinged up to a few minutes because of the 'message' on airtime and LD charge.
Disabled VM ensures you get charged nothing as long as you don't pick up.

My friendly advice is to disable the voicemail !
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21703 posts
17378 upvotes
Markham
camdelle wrote: There is no calling included with the speakout plan. Thats why for $20.00 a year more my kid will have calling from 6pm to 7 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More or less correct...but if they make a call outside of free times and above 50 minutes for one year it costs you 50 cents/minute. I'd rather not encourage them to call at all because once they go down this road, they get used to it and they periodically may forget/their friends will forget.

Another benefit of Speakout is the ability to do very inexpensive data add on $10 for 100 mb and you can turn it on or off from month to month as needed. No such option exists for the Rogers plan.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Sep 18, 2008
676 posts
200 upvotes
I'm considering getting this plan and comparing it to Speakout. Does the Speakout plan charge airtime per minute for incoming calls which are not answered and voicemails left just the same as this Rogers plan?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4598 posts
1658 upvotes
Brampton
gr8dlr wrote:
Another benefit of Speakout is the ability to do very inexpensive data add on $10 for 100 mb and you can turn it on or off from month to month as needed. No such option exists for the Rogers plan.
I have these data options listed under the rogers $120 plan:
Mobile Browsing
$15.00 / mth $15/ month 100 MB data add-on for BlackBerry smartphones More Info
$15.00 / mth $15 /month for 250 MB data add-on More Info
$10.00 / mth $10/month for 100 MB data More Info
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7393 posts
2944 upvotes
Calgary
After looking at both Roger $120 unlimited text plan and SpeakOut PAYG $120 ($100 + $20 bonus) I decided to let our son stay with SpeakOut. I like the Roger unlimited text feature but I still want him to be able to call us when he needs a ride after school, it happens at least a couple of times a week. We have Shaw Go Wifi and he uses some free chat apps over wifi for chatting with his friends. Staying with SpeakOut will give him the options to call or text us any time he wants. Since he only texts and calls us, $120 should last him a lot longer than 12 months.
Dec 25, 2010
502 posts
88 upvotes
Vancouver
crystallight wrote: I'm still using Wing prepaid.
Unlimited incoming calls, $5 per month for unlimited Canada/US texting, 20 cents per minute outgoing calls. Minimum topup is $80 for the year. I've yet to need to use over $80 per year. Great plan :)
no data?
#Mushrooms
Jan 10, 2011
633 posts
485 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't know if this was answered, but is the only way to disable voicemail by calling Rogers or can this be done online through your account?
Jan 16, 2013
109 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
I just had this setup. Looks like I was charged 35$ for porting my number, not sure what that's about, I'll talk to a service rep at some point. But the whole charging you per minute if someone leaves you a voicemail thing is real; easy solution: don't setup your voicemail.
Jan 10, 2011
633 posts
485 upvotes
Ottawa
chanrhc wrote: But the whole charging you per minute if someone leaves you a voicemail thing is real; easy solution: don't setup your voicemail.
Great idea! Thanked

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)