Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Pay as you Go $120 / year - unlimited text + weekend / evening calling

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2018 4:06 am
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10331 posts
6696 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Is there a $120 voucher you can get from Rogers or would simply getting a $100 and $20 voucher from Walmart work?
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2008
1301 posts
434 upvotes
georvu wrote: Is there a $120 voucher you can get from Rogers or would simply getting a $100 and $20 voucher from Walmart work?
Getting 120$ voucher from walmart worked for me. Activated just now.
Mar 31, 2008
834 posts
557 upvotes
Edmonton
one-cheap-guy wrote: Will $85 per year plan I have be grandfathered?
Yes it is grandfathered.

It's only the $120 plans that are being changed.

The previous $60, $85 and $100 plans aren't being changed as long as you top-up before your renewal date.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
I had a hard time finding how to renew at the grandfathered rate (I'm part of the $100 deal), I needed to go to top up and at the very bottom I found the $100 yearly rate again. They certainly didn't make it obvious!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
I'm just looking at the plan, it looks like the meaning of the prepaid plan has changed. In the past, you don't need to pay any monthly fee. You only need to pay by minute. If I need to pay monthly, then I will go with monthly plan.
Dec 25, 2010
502 posts
88 upvotes
Vancouver
does this plan has unlimited pic/ video msging?

when i dialed *611 then heard my plan details it mentioned i had it but the website has nothing mentioning it
#Mushrooms
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
robertla wrote: does this plan has unlimited pic/ video msging?

when i dialed *611 then heard my plan details it mentioned i had it but the website has nothing mentioning it
Mine does. CSR's I talked to said that I would be getting MMS also. Wording is somewhat murky though.
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
Just confirming that if your on the $120 yearly plan, Rogers automatically changed it to $180/year, that would be your new top up balance. I called Rogers Pay As You Go and asked why my GF's plan has changed, I was told that Rogers sent out a text message explaining the price increase. (To be honest, she didn't receive it, and I don't think they sent out "ANY" message at all) After hearing this the customer service rep offered me a one time credit of $60 along with a confirmation number. My GF will be able to use the credit in Nov. (that's when her yearly plan expires)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5443 posts
3919 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tsgee wrote: Yes it is grandfathered.

It's only the $120 plans that are being changed.

The previous $60, $85 and $100 plans aren't being changed as long as you top-up before your renewal date.
I had the previously plans starting at $75 and progressively moved to the $120. Now it feels like I was drawn out of the grandfathered Pay As You Go plans and get sucker punched by this $180. Will have to switch end of is year away from Rogers (customer since 2010)
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
2107 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
I have had the one year plan for $120 for less than two months, I want to move to a monthly plan, is it a good idea to sell the remaining plan since it wasn't used for anything other than text messaging a bit.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Flashfood app
Swagbucks
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
loonie wrote: I have had the one year plan for $120 for less than two months, I want to move to a monthly plan, is it a good idea to sell the remaining plan since it wasn't used for anything other than text messaging a bit.
You are stuck with the plan for 10 months, because you are not going to get your money back, If you have no need for your phone number attached to this plan, you can sell it to someone else, I suppose. As soon as you port the number over, the account is cancelled, and you will get no money back.

I have $30 on my prepaid account, and after the year is up, will probably use that credit for a post paid account. That is if I cannot find heavily discounted Rogers prepaid credit on Kijiji to offset the $180 charge.
Aug 29, 2005
679 posts
55 upvotes
bobby621 wrote: Just confirming that if your on the $120 yearly plan, Rogers automatically changed it to $180/year, that would be your new top up balance. I called Rogers Pay As You Go and asked why my GF's plan has changed, I was told that Rogers sent out a text message explaining the price increase. (To be honest, she didn't receive it, and I don't think they sent out "ANY" message at all) After hearing this the customer service rep offered me a one time credit of $60 along with a confirmation number. My GF will be able to use the credit in Nov. (that's when her yearly plan expires)
But don't you still have to pay the $180 renewal charge? Would you use the $60 credit since the plan is prepaid? I'm in the same boat. My son is on the $120 plan and his renewal is coming up in September.
Jul 29, 2007
904 posts
674 upvotes
Pacific Northwest
hoody123 wrote: I had a hard time finding how to renew at the grandfathered rate (I'm part of the $100 deal), I needed to go to top up and at the very bottom I found the $100 yearly rate again. They certainly didn't make it obvious!
bobby621 wrote: I just renewed my $85/yr plan successfully.
How did you renew? LOL, I can't find the menu you're referring to...
So, it's in the Top Up option at the bottom, let me check it again...
I got a text it will go to $180, I don't want to pay $180 and want that $120/year again!
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money!
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
gottagetta wrote: But don't you still have to pay the $180 renewal charge? Would you use the $60 credit since the plan is prepaid? I'm in the same boat. My son is on the $120 plan and his renewal is coming up in September.
I'll need $180 to renew the plan but with Rogers giving me a $60 credit, it will only cost me $120, next year, if I continue with Rogers it will cost me the full $180.

Call them up and say you noticed your plan has changed to $180 but you didn't change your plan. The CS rep will say "Rogers sent out text messages indicating a price increase" tell them you didn't receive it, you'll probably be offered a one time $60 credit with confirmation number.
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
Saltywetguy wrote: How did you renew? LOL, I can't find the menu you're referring to...
I got a text it will go to $180, I don't want to pay $180 and want that $120/year again!
If you were on the $120/yr plan you would only see the $180 Top Up.
Call them up and politely ask for a one time $60 credit.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Saltywetguy wrote: How did you renew? LOL, I can't find the menu you're referring to...
I seem to recall elsewhere in this thread it was stated that only the older $100 and $85 plans were renewable? Don't know, but it's worth your checking.
Aug 29, 2005
679 posts
55 upvotes
bobby621 wrote: I'll need $180 to renew the plan but with Rogers giving me a $60 credit, it will only cost me $120, next year, if I continue with Rogers it will cost me the full $180.

Call them up and say you noticed your plan has changed to $180 but you didn't change your plan. The CS rep will say "Rogers sent out text messages indicating a price increase" tell them you didn't receive it, you'll probably be offered a one time $60 credit with confirmation number.
Okay. Thanks for letting me know.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2014
5443 posts
3919 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bobby621 wrote: I'll need $180 to renew the plan but with Rogers giving me a $60 credit, it will only cost me $120, next year, if I continue with Rogers it will cost me the full $180.

I'm right at the halfway point since renewing at $120 in Feb. Should I call during the day time or night time to ask for this courtesy $60 credit (to be applied to my next year renewal)?
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
Elfwood wrote: I'm right at the halfway point since renewing at $120 in Feb. Should I call during the day time or night time to ask for this courtesy $60 credit (to be applied to my next year renewal)?
I believe the call center closing at 9pm, I usually call them in the evening after 6pm, you shouldn't wait to long.
You can mention to them that if you knew the price was increasing, you wouldn't have renewed in Feb.

Pay As You Go Number
1 800 575 9090
option 4
option 4
option 1

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)