• Dec 11th, 2017 6:09 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
2437 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
tdotojnf wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 12:27 pm
Looking to switch over to this plan and was wondering how you got a $10.00 credit for free? Did you activate online or did you go to a store to activate for the free $10.00 credit?

Thanks!
You get Rogers sim card and call the number to port and activate it. Ask to put on preauthorized payment and they will give you 10% every year. If you don't want auto pay, call back day later and cancel it. They might be able to do this in store too.
Mar 31, 2008
548 posts
217 upvotes
Edmonton
Roswell79 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 7:48 pm
I don't know if this was answered, but is the only way to disable voicemail by calling Rogers or can this be done online through your account?
I'd call in to get it disabled. Plus if your aren't going to be paying for a data add-on, I would get that disabled as well. My son downloaded a game by mistake and they took the money from his balance. There are lots of wifi hotspots for him to access.
Mar 31, 2008
548 posts
217 upvotes
Edmonton
chanrhc wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 10:24 am
Does anyone know how to check the number of minutes you have left for the year (assuming it starts from 50)?
Call 1-800-575-9090, wait for prompt.
Press 2 for account information, wait for prompt.
Enter your 10 digit phone number, wait for prompt.
Enter your passcode, wait for prompt.
Press 2 for additional plan balances, it will tell you how many free minutes you have left.

It's a pain and should really be online,
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2817 posts
257 upvotes
Vancouver
tdotojnf wrote:
Looking to switch over to this plan and was wondering how you got a $10.00 credit for free? Did you activate online or did you go to a store to activate for the free $10.00 credit?

Thanks!
The Rogers agent just gave me it free without asking for it on the phone.
Nov 23, 2002
505 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
story wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 3:03 am
Interested in getting this plan, how would one know if the local number would be charged during unlimited hours?
I'm not really sure. the rogers csr couldn't give me a clear answer as to what numbers I would be charged for. Charging long distance on a local phone number seems wrong. I eventually got fed up with all the plans restrictions and switched to public mobile.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
2618 posts
168 upvotes
Brampton
tdotojnf wrote:

Thanks!
Over the phone.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
2618 posts
168 upvotes
Brampton
Seems they really want me off this yearly plan. I just got another targeted email to switch to a monthly plan.
Last one was 400 daytime for $30/mth. now they are offering 100 daytime/unlim eve/wknd/txt for $20/mth.
So its worth switching if using any more than 20 daytime minutes a month, I might go for it.
Jul 29, 2007
408 posts
104 upvotes
North America
prod wrote:
Dec 14th, 2016 5:35 pm
Seems they really want me off this yearly plan. I just got another targeted email to switch to a monthly plan.
Last one was 400 daytime for $30/mth. now they are offering 100 daytime/unlim eve/wknd/txt for $20/mth.
So its worth switching if using any more than 20 daytime minutes a month, I might go for it.
I got the same two text messages and disregarded them. I came off a corp plan for $20/month 350 minutes/month, unlimited evening/weekend/text but no data.
Decided to take the plan for pay as you go instead because basically it's only $10/month for a basic pay as you go plan/emergency/back up use.
Best RFD Purchases: Flight Deals, Cell/Laptops/Tablets, Clothing/Shoes.
Thanks to RFD for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Feb 18, 2014
221 posts
148 upvotes
chanrhc wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 10:24 am
Does anyone know how to check the number of minutes you have left for the year (assuming it starts from 50)?
tsgee wrote:
Nov 28th, 2016 2:10 pm
Call 1-800-575-9090, wait for prompt.
Press 2 for account information, wait for prompt.
Enter your 10 digit phone number, wait for prompt.
Enter your passcode, wait for prompt.
Press 2 for additional plan balances, it will tell you how many free minutes you have left.

It's a pain and should really be online,
Dialing *611 from your pay-as-you-go phone, then option 2, and option 2 again will save you a few steps.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
1638 posts
366 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know when this offer of $120 unlimited wk/evening call+text expires? I'm currently on the old $100 plan and aim to switch to the $120 plan the first week of Feb, 2017. Nothing is written on the $120 plan promotional webpage.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10597 posts
587 upvotes
Scarborough
On a corporate plan for $25 a month (after taxes) with 600 mins and unlimited evenings/weekends + unlimited texts.

Debating if I should switch to this as I also picked-up the Fido tablet deal. I would effectively be paying $27 a month for everything instead of $42 a month.

Very concerned about the 50 mins per year as I don't think it will be enough.
Jul 29, 2007
408 posts
104 upvotes
North America
Elfwood wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 11:40 am
Anyone know when this offer of $120 unlimited wk/evening call+text expires? I'm currently on the old $100 plan and aim to switch to the $120 plan the first week of Feb, 2017. Nothing is written on the $120 plan promotional webpage.
There's no update as to how long they'll have this plan, I can't find it on their webpage either, but I've been on it for a while now (ever since it upgraded to $120 from the previous prices).
thechampion116 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 11:51 am
On a corporate plan for $25 a month (after taxes) with 600 mins and unlimited evenings/weekends + unlimited texts.

Debating if I should switch to this as I also picked-up the Fido tablet deal. I would effectively be paying $27 a month for everything instead of $42 a month.

Very concerned about the 50 mins per year as I don't think it will be enough.
This is exactly what I am using, $120 year for unlimited evenings/weekends and texting. $15/month for Fido 3g data plan to go with my Fongo number.
I tell people one is for my daytime calling/text, and the other my night/weekend calling/text. They don't really care as long as they can reach me...

I'm paying exactly the same amount as you, but I purchased the PM deal also for $40/4gb for my business.
It's just awesome with that as well... I use the same setup with a second Fongo #. BTW, 50 minutes is NOT enough.
I have added some top up $ to it just in case I needed to call more with the $120/year plan during the daytime.
Best RFD Purchases: Flight Deals, Cell/Laptops/Tablets, Clothing/Shoes.
Thanks to RFD for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Aug 17, 2003
169 posts
29 upvotes
Saltywetguy wrote:
Dec 14th, 2016 6:29 pm
I got the same two text messages and disregarded them. I came off a corp plan for $20/month 350 minutes/month, unlimited evening/weekend/text but no data.
Decided to take the plan for pay as you go instead because basically it's only $10/month for a basic pay as you go plan/emergency/back up use.
You can use KnowRoaming for basic pay-as-you-go/emergency/backup use.

SIM is $7 (US) with referral code and they give you $10 in credit for tweeting/facebooking your signup. Credit lasts 15mos before it expires. Outgoing (callback service)/Incoming are $0.15US/min and you get a US & UK number included (you can add a CDN # for $3US mo. if you need it). You can basically go 15 months with 60 mins of use for only $7US.

This is the best deal for a backup/emergency phone.

If you need a Canadian # then SpeakOut is probably the best deal at $25yr + SIM which will give you 100mins of talk and free incoming texts.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10597 posts
587 upvotes
Scarborough
Saltywetguy wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2017 4:35 pm
This is exactly what I am using, $120 year for unlimited evenings/weekends and texting. $15/month for Fido 3g data plan to go with my Fongo number.
I tell people one is for my daytime calling/text, and the other my night/weekend calling/text. They don't really care as long as they can reach me...

I'm paying exactly the same amount as you, but I purchased the PM deal also for $40/4gb for my business.
It's just awesome with that as well... I use the same setup with a second Fongo #. BTW, 50 minutes is NOT enough.
I have added some top up $ to it just in case I needed to call more with the $120/year plan during the daytime.
Thanks for the heads-up. Still reviewing my options with other carriers like Petro Canada, etc. Probably going to make the jump though. I want to save some $.
Feb 6, 2016
31 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
thechampion116 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 3:28 pm
Thanks for the heads-up. Still reviewing my options with other carriers like Petro Canada, etc. Probably going to make the jump though. I want to save some $.
take koodo prepaid plan unlimited text and picture messaging 15$/m - 10% auto pay and then + booster addon 25$ for 500 min/y , i think you save $