Can I add monthly data on top of this?
yes $10/100mb
Koodo customer
Tangerine customer
Apr 12, 2015
23 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
Am a highschool student with this plan works great and fits my budget.
Oct 18, 2007
285 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
m1024 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2017 1:34 pm
How does Rogers define "local call"? Is it within the same area code?
I'm wondering if I can call GTA-wide as far as Burlington, Oshawa, etc.
Any info on this?
i set my home locale as mississauga. when i call hamilton/oshawa im charged long distance. i use fongo for long distance calls
Sep 18, 2008
494 posts
103 upvotes
m1024 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2017 1:34 pm
How does Rogers define "local call"? Is it within the same area code?
I'm wondering if I can call GTA-wide as far as Burlington, Oshawa, etc.
Any info on this?
I'm in the GTA and some numbers I tried calling with a 905 area code is long distance.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2169 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Can I use this plan to get my iPhone unlocked after 3 months?
Feb 14, 2017
1 posts
If I paid the $120 but used the 50 talk mins and have a zero balance does it affect using the phone on evening and weekends for free?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
2045 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
threexs200369999 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 9:27 am
If I paid the $120 but used the 50 talk mins and have a zero balance does it affect using the phone on evening and weekends for free?
you can call unlimited during evenings and weekends even when your balance is 0.
May 9, 2012
747 posts
168 upvotes
Montreal
So for those who have had this plan for a while can you please answer the following:
1. Is voicemail charge, if someone calls and leaves me a 30sec message = 1min off my 50 free??... don't understand why is so..

2. Is calling landline charged during the unlimited night/w-e?
3.is there a 911 or other monthly??
4. What is your yearly cost so far? You've put 120$ to activate and have you had to put another $xx.00 amount because of extra charges ??
5. Is there a charge for a SIM card, is there a way to get it free or credit?
6. Does it cost to port number? Isn't this standing and free?
Thx
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
2045 posts
568 upvotes
Toronto
barginfreak wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 6:24 am
So for those who have had this plan for a while can you please answer the following:
1. Is voicemail charge, if someone calls and leaves me a 30sec message = 1min off my 50 free??... don't understand why is so..

4. What is your yearly cost so far? You've put 120$ to activate and have you had to put another $xx.00 amount because of extra charges ??
Thx

Not if you check voicemail during your unlimited hours.

Not charged

No (may exist in old grandfathered plans)

Depends on person and calling patterns.

There is a charge.

It's free
May 9, 2012
747 posts
168 upvotes
Montreal
Elfwood wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 3:42 pm

Not if you check voicemail during your unlimited hours.

Not charged

No (may exist in old grandfathered plans)

Depends on person and calling patterns.

There is a charge.

It's free
thanks for the answers, however Question 1 is not 100% clear. if someone calls during the day before 6pm, do i get charged for the voicemail? even i dont listen to it.
So just to be clear, if someone calls, leaves a message, will $ or minutes be deducted out of the 50mins a year for that message? even if i dont listen to it???
Nov 4, 2008
543 posts
359 upvotes
GTA
What is considered "local calls"? We go often up north in the summer and this would be my daughter's plan so I guess she can't call her friends in the evening/weekend?

She's currently on Speakout Unlimited Texting plan so I guess this is still better since includes local calling evenings and weekends?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2735 posts
911 upvotes
Halifax
brutus99 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:56 am
What is considered "local calls"? We go often up north in the summer and this would be my daughter's plan so I guess she can't call her friends in the evening/weekend?

She's currently on Speakout Unlimited Texting plan so I guess this is still better since includes local calling evenings and weekends?
Trying to find out what the actually local calling area in your area is like pulling teeth. I had to chat with a Rogers CSR to find out what my actual local calling area was. There is certainly no web site to offer as much. In my case, I was looking for the local calling area in Halifax, and it is the areas in the Halifax regional municipality. Was hoping it was the 902 area code, but sadly no.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2003
1433 posts
566 upvotes
barginfreak wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:39 pm
thanks for the answers, however Question 1 is not 100% clear. if someone calls during the day before 6pm, do i get charged for the voicemail? even i dont listen to it.
So just to be clear, if someone calls, leaves a message, will $ or minutes be deducted out of the 50mins a year for that message? even if i dont listen to it???
No nothing gets deducted unless you listen to it during the day
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2735 posts
911 upvotes
Halifax
I was cleaning house, and I found an old Rogers Doro prepaid phone I got for $25 at Futureshop. It came with a Rogers SIM card and a $50 activation credit. Someone on Kijiji was selling a $100 card for $60, so I activated this SIM. The $50 card was apparently expired, but was given a $50 goodwill credit, because the card has no expiry date. I got the $100 from Kijiji, so I had $150 to work with, and it cost me $60, not including the phone.

So I got the $120 plan. 2 CSR's inform me that picture messaging is included. Also $120 is all I pay, no other foolish fees. 911 fees are apparently included in the $120 cost. I will see what the bill is next month

So far I have been picture messaging like a mad man, and I still have a $30 balance. I got dinged for a text message before I activated the plan, but since I never even gave anyone my number at that point, the charge got forgiven. I never got any other strange text messages after I activated this plan, which I found interesting. I disable voice mail because I have no control of charges that come from voice mail