• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2008 4:18 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 6, 2007
120 posts

Rogers Pay AS YOu Go help me

Does Rogers Pay As You Go Support WAP or other internet access?
12 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1319 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Yes WAP is supported. Normal data (internet) is also supoorted but the rates are very high.
[OP]
Sep 6, 2007
120 posts
how high exactly and is email supported?
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
anujan wrote:
Apr 19th, 2008 9:03 am
how high exactly and is email supported?
by going to a web/wap and using a "web-based" interface.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1319 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Email is supported. Most phones now have built in email clients that you can use or you can just use wap to navigate to email sites such as hotmail. If you plan on using a lot of emails/data, I wouldn't recommend using pay as you go because data rates are really high. For example, checking 6 emails on my Iphone the other day cost me $7.50 on pay as you go. As for the data rate itself, it was 5c per kb but I think it went up recently. Call Rogers for the exact current data pricing for Pay as you go.
[OP]
Sep 6, 2007
120 posts
How do I activate my W580i on Pay As You Go i have a sim card but the site wont let me activate. Why is this?
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
jumran wrote:
Apr 19th, 2008 2:19 pm
Email is supported. Most phones now have built in email clients that you can use or you can just use wap to navigate to email sites such as hotmail. If you plan on using a lot of emails/data, I wouldn't recommend using pay as you go because data rates are really high. For example, checking 6 emails on my Iphone the other day cost me $7.50 on pay as you go. As for the data rate itself, it was 5c per kb but I think it went up recently. Call Rogers for the exact current data pricing for Pay as you go.
I'm pretty sure they blocked it... I remember reading about it a while back on hofo.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
79 upvotes
Georgetown
Maybe the Mods should merge the threads?

Pfft
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
[OP]
Sep 6, 2007
120 posts
this is for my friend. He has 2 so hes giving me one if my parents allow me and i help him activate and unlock.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2006
1533 posts
9 upvotes
Woodbridge
anujan wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2008 3:45 pm
this is for my friend. He has 2 so hes giving me one if my parents allow me and i help him activate and unlock.
Your parent didnt allow you to have a cell phone, kid.

And why do you still ask "a bunch of geezers" ?
anujan wrote:
Apr 21st, 2008 8:38 pm
wow i thought you guys would help but what was i thinking posting in a forum with a bunch of geezers.