• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2019 6:51 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 8, 2019
4 posts

Rogers PAYG: No Plan Option?

Hi everyone,

I keep a backup number with Rogers on the $10/month prepaid talk and text plan. It comes with 50 minutes of airtime but I rarely use this much on this number.

Wondering if there's a no plan option where you are only charged for what you use (something like "pay per use")? Been looking everywhere on rogers.com but it seems only monthly/annual PAYG plans are offered.

Many thanks,

Geoff
7 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12050 posts
1543 upvotes
Kanata
do you mean a plan where you pay nothing per month if you use nothing?
[OP]
Feb 8, 2019
4 posts
Yeah, where you are charged for your actual usage from a stored value. Is this available from Rogers?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15306 posts
2211 upvotes
Toronto
The 7-11 option requires you to top up on an annual basis but the PPU rates are pretty high.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4001 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
glaidman wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 10:15 am
Yeah, where you are charged for your actual usage from a stored value. Is this available from Rogers?
I have a second line for emergency with 7/11 speakout. I only paid $25 for 365 days.
[OP]
Feb 8, 2019
4 posts
Thanks, everyone. I hold this phone mostly to receive texts containing security codes from banks. As I travel from time to time I'd like to have the assurance that I would still receive these while out of the country. Rogers PAYG, as I experience first hand, seems to be able to do just that, albeit at $10/month which I'm hoping to pay less.

I read from SpeakOut that they don't offer roaming. I take it that texts won't reach either, while overseas?
ROAMING: “Roaming” occurs when a subscriber of one wireless service provider uses the facilities of another wireless service provider. Roaming most often occurs when you make and receive calls outside the home calling area. Your 7-Eleven SpeakOut Wireless phone will not roam. An indicator light on your phone may display the word “Roam,” “RM” or NO SERVICE on the screen while the phone is not in its home calling area.
https://www.speakout7eleven.ca/terms
Sep 4, 2012
94 posts
12 upvotes
Markham
My experience is keep buying $10 for every 6 month to keep the number. You don’t need to buy $10 every month. Save your money