Expired Freebies

[Rogers] Rogers Phone Finder - Find your phone for free (1st five per month)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2011 6:16 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2005
2266 posts
303 upvotes

[Rogers] Rogers Phone Finder - Find your phone for free (1st five per month)

Rogers has started the Rogers Phone Finder.

It's similar to the iPhone feature where you can locate your phone if you misplace it or it gets stolen. The difference is that this service will work with any phone on the Rogers network (I think).

https://www.rogersphonefinder.com/

NOTE: Only the first 5 locates are free per month, after that it's 20 cents per locate.

(How many people lose their phone 5 times per month, never mind more? I guess if you are trying to locate your kids or your wife or husband you might use it a lot.)
8 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10007 posts
343 upvotes
Vancouver
AFAIK this pinpoints the location to within the range of the cell tower it last transmitted to. It's only useful if you're unsure whether you left your phone at work, at home, at a friend's, etc. You're not going to track down a thief with this.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1172 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver
Quite a useless service IMO. and they want you to pay!?! Find my iPhone on the other hand is very useful because you can pinpoint the exact location of your phone anywhere by GPS, so if you lose your phone and somebody steals you can easily track them down!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2005
2266 posts
303 upvotes
I've got an iPhone, but not everyone does. This works even with phones that don't have a GPS, so it isn't useless.

It's also free unless you use it more than 5 times a month.

Everyone should have an iPhone though... Siri rocks my world!
Nov 9, 2008
436 posts
29 upvotes
Laserheart wrote:
Oct 14th, 2011 1:01 am
Rogers has started the Rogers Phone Finder.

It's similar to the iPhone feature where you can locate your phone if you misplace it or it gets stolen. The difference is that this service will work with any phone on the Rogers network (I think).

https://www.rogersphonefinder.com/

NOTE: Only the first 5 locates are free per month, after that it's 20 cents per locate.

(How many people lose their phone 5 times per month, never mind more? I guess if you are trying to locate your kids or your wife or husband you might use it a lot.)

they should provide this service free of charge... do they lock the phone if it gets stolen? every single operator in europe does.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3230 posts
807 upvotes
Ontario
d5486 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2011 11:38 am
they should provide this service free of charge... do they lock the phone if it gets stolen? every single operator in europe does.

Everyone will block the simcard if you call them to report it as stolen.

this service isn't too accurate. the radius was off by 100m (meaning I was 100m outside the circle that shows up). it would have been nicer if they incorporated the phones gps into getting a 3meter accuracy for this. that i'd pay for!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2005
2266 posts
303 upvotes
Yes, but you'll have to report it stolen...

It's difficult to know sometimes if it's just lost or stolen... which is why some people need this. They think it's stolen, but in fact it might have fallen out of their pocket at home or left in a restaurant.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15588 posts
508 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
will this work on 7-11 speakout?
PC IS MASTER RACE!
( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)
VAPE NATION \//\
Nov 30, 2007
435 posts
62 upvotes
North York
Amourek wrote:
Oct 14th, 2011 3:00 am
AFAIK this pinpoints the location to within the range of the cell tower it last transmitted to. It's only useful if you're unsure whether you left your phone at work, at home, at a friend's, etc. You're not going to track down a thief with this.

It is useful for launching tactical nuclear missiles - the accuracy is adequate for this purpose. :lol:
× < >