Cell Phones

Rogers Plan Ends Soon. Where are the good deals?

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2018 11:23 am
[OP]
Sep 15, 2013
589 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto

Rogers Plan Ends Soon. Where are the good deals?

My Rogers 2year plan ends July 4th and I've been scouring all the wireless companies for a decent deal, but my mind is blown. Prices are outrageous. A new S9 with only 4GB of data is $100+ a month. Are there any promos going on right now? I'll happily buy out my contract right now and jump ship. Help a brother out!
7 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10244 posts
504 upvotes
Vancouver
Koodo is a good place to start. They have the S9 for $370 upfront, $65/mo for 4GB or $70/mo for 6GB. And $50 gift card at Wow Mobile and $50 off for trading in an old phone.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
1623 posts
149 upvotes
BabylonDown wrote:
May 14th, 2018 9:17 pm
My Rogers 2year plan ends July 4th and I've been scouring all the wireless companies for a decent deal, but my mind is blown. Prices are outrageous. A new S9 with only 4GB of data is $100+ a month. Are there any promos going on right now? I'll happily buy out my contract right now and jump ship. Help a brother out!
what plan are you on now? We are on a 10gig share and by switching one of the plans to $20/month increase and my expiring S7 Edge tab dropping $10/month, got the S9+ for free on a new 2 year.
Jun 5, 2007
73 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
BabylonDown wrote:
May 14th, 2018 9:17 pm
Not sure if these are still available today, but Rogers had the following retention plans a month ago:

BYOD
5 GB: $60
10 GB: $70

Premium Tab:
10 GB: $85

Premium Plus Tab:
5 GB: $80
10 GB $95

All of the above plans are non-shareable, meaning additional lines cannot be added.
[OP]
Sep 15, 2013
589 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Amourek wrote:
May 14th, 2018 11:14 pm
Koodo is a good place to start. They have the S9 for $370 upfront, $65/mo for 4GB or $70/mo for 6GB. And $50 gift card at Wow Mobile and $50 off for trading in an old phone.
I just checked Koodoo. I'm looking at the S9+, but even on a large tab it's $580 and plans start from $79 not including the $21 tab fee per month.
redsfan wrote:
May 15th, 2018 9:41 am
what plan are you on now? We are on a 10gig share and by switching one of the plans to $20/month increase and my expiring S7 Edge tab dropping $10/month, got the S9+ for free on a new 2 year.
I'm on a Business Share Everything Plan with 3 lines total and 14GB. I'm paying about $100 right now, but I want to be independent from a Share Everything Plan.
Toronto15 wrote:
May 15th, 2018 12:13 pm
Not sure if these are still available today, but Rogers had the following retention plans a month ago:

BYOD
5 GB: $60
10 GB: $70

Premium Tab:
10 GB: $85

Premium Plus Tab:
5 GB: $80
10 GB $95

All of the above plans are non-shareable, meaning additional lines cannot be added.
Are they still accepting this offer? The $85 10GB plan would be right up my alley.
Apr 17, 2014
682 posts
209 upvotes
Corunna, ON
Sometimes Rogers throws in free caller ID or long distance or VM for the 24 months of the plan and when you are done they start charging for it.

But besides that, ya you can just stay on what you are on.
May 27, 2018
4 posts
Paid off my Tab. Was on 30% corporate discount with 4G share everything plan. My plan was $105 before my 30%, second phone was $45.
Just went on Retention plan. Not shared. I have a 7+ so didn’t feel the need to upgrade hardware, and I just retired so wouldn’t be able to keep Corp discount with upgrading hardware anyway. This is what was offered:
$55 with 5G data. Each line (2).
Unlimited Canada Wide calling
Unlimited text, VM, etc
$1 for international texting

Fido has same $55 plan but 4G, with international text incl. And second line gets 10% off. Or with Fido instead of Unlimited calling for second line, can go to 500 daytime min, second line would be $45 which would also be fine for daughter. She doesn’t make long calls and we have a home phone.

Rogers says they don’t discount 2nd line. I asked what about a credit? No.
I gain with the retention plan, but daughters 2nd line looses. She’s now $10/mo more expensive.

Thinking about going with Fido

I’m trying to get retention to get 2nd line down to $45 matching Fido and dropping the $1 per line international text. So far they’re offering me 2G for $45, ugh. No credit and not dropping the int. Text fee. I don’t get why Rogers charges when Fido, Virgin, etc have international texting incl. ?

Is it possible to get what I want? I’ve called retention twice.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)