Expired Freebies

[Rogers] postpaid wireless customers get 1 hour free long distance on May 8th 2016

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2016 10:32 am
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12997 posts
24191 upvotes
Scarborough

[Rogers] postpaid wireless customers get 1 hour free long distance on May 8th 2016

On May 8, Rogers postpaid wireless customers will get an hour of free long-distance calling for calls made from their wireless phone within Canada on the Rogers network to domestic and over 200 international destinations. Customers can choose to make their hour-long call any time they want on May 8 and will automatically be zero-rated for one hour of long-distance charges on their next invoice.
http://rogersmothersday.com/
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
29 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7493 posts
40618 upvotes
Ontario
ROGERS WIRELESS

FREE 1 HOUR LONG DISTANCE AND INTERNATIONAL CALL

This Mother’s Day, May 8, our wireless customers can enjoy 1 hour of long distance calling on us! That’s right, we’ll cover their first 60 minutes of long distance calls made to Canadian, US or International phone numbers.

Calls must be made from within Canada and on the Rogers Wireless network (includes Wireless Home Phone calls). Regular local airtime and roaming fees apply.

You can call whoever you want as long as you made calls in Canada. If you have like 200 minutes or something, it will still count your plan minutes unless you have free calling at night.

Starting from MAY 8TH 12:00 AM TO 11:50 PM

I confirmed with the Rogers rep at Lansdowne and he said you can call whoever you want in any countries. Can call to China, Taiwan and Japan etc as long as they are within 1 hour of calls.

He told me just to make sure I count it because Rogers is by minutes and make sure I check my bill. Even the Rogers rep knows Rogers over charge ppl :facepalm: :facepalm:

This doesn't apply to prepaid people
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2157 posts
368 upvotes
Caledon, ON
http://rogersmothersday.com/

On Sunday, May 8th, we’re giving you up to an hour to call your family almost anywhere in the world for free!
Calls must be made in Canada from your Rogers Wireless phone.
Your first 60 minutes of long distance calling is free.
Keep track of your minutes using your phone’s call log.

We’ll take care of the cost, you take care of the rest. Think of it as our gift to you and your mom.

Happy Mother’s Day from Rogers.

Applicable for Canadian, US and international long distance calls, excluding calls made to satellite phones and calls made to Falkland Islands, Niue, Tokelau, Solomon Islands, Maldives and Sierra Leone

Airtime not included. Offer does not apply to Rogers Home Phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
1767 posts
1180 upvotes
Laputa
then get extra $50 dollars bill because you don't meet requirements, etc.
Apr 14, 2016
37 posts
10 upvotes
I have 3 lines with Rogers , so I can make 3 hours call , 1hour each ?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2531 posts
473 upvotes
Burlington
Trifid wrote: http://rogersmothersday.com/

Airtime not included. Offer does not apply to Rogers Home Phone.
So, exactly what is free?
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Dec 29, 2010
60 posts
10 upvotes
Aurora
VOIP costs next to nothing any day, why bother with Rogers?
May 1, 2015
836 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sure my thread is dead. its not a competition. also just realized someone posted it before even my thread.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7493 posts
40618 upvotes
Ontario
Casper wrote: So, exactly what is free?
Rogers wireless = free
Not Rogers home phone ( Landline phones in the east side of canada)
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2157 posts
368 upvotes
Caledon, ON
[quote="Casper" post_id="25901215" time="1462665632" user_id="483"]So, exactly what is free?[/QUOte]

The long distance is free, but if you exceed your wireless plans airtime (I.e. 200 mins a month)'during the promo, you'll get charged the airtime overages
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7493 posts
40618 upvotes
Ontario
govis1 wrote: VOIP costs next to nothing any day, why bother with Rogers?
Which VOIP costs nothing and has a superb quality when calling to other countries besides Canada/ US?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7493 posts
40618 upvotes
Ontario
fuzzydealhunter wrote: sure my thread is dead. its not a competition. also just realized someone posted it before even my thread.
You posted? Cuz I think TOMRFD posted first
Dec 29, 2010
60 posts
10 upvotes
Aurora
Thatdealguy wrote: Which VOIP costs nothing and has a superb quality when calling to other countries besides Canada/ US?
Google Voice, voip.ms and Anveo are pretty good