Computers & Electronics

Rogers Price Increases!! Moving away...options?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2017 9:55 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres

Rogers Price Increases!! Moving away...options?

So my cable internet will be increased by $10 next month... looking to move away to another provider.

How is Carry Telecom or Cannet? They have good offers now. Which one would you recommend and have better service and support?

This is for Downtown Toronto.

Thank you!
To the moon
5 replies
Apr 14, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
I'm with Start Communications. start.ca. Better than rogers.
Feb 17, 2017
549 posts
92 upvotes
Redsanta wrote: So my cable internet will be increased by $10 next month... looking to move away to another provider.

How is Carry Telecom or Cannet? They have good offers now. Which one would you recommend and have better service and support?

This is for Downtown Toronto.

Thank you!
Go to telehub website and check out their cable packages from Rogers.. . You won'tbe disappointed
Who you know matters sometimes but what you know is invaluable
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
Leonidas wrote: Go to telehub website and check out their cable packages from Rogers.. . You won'tbe disappointed
Are they legit???
To the moon
Feb 17, 2017
549 posts
92 upvotes
Redsanta wrote: Are they legit???
Yup
Just signed up for cogeco package for my parents.
We were paying $83 for internet and basic cable which we never used because we have IPTV. And then randomly the price went up to 105

So I cancelled and signed up with these guys for unlimited internet. That's all we need and now we are saving over $50 a month
Who you know matters sometimes but what you know is invaluable
Feb 15, 2017
224 posts
70 upvotes
Consider antenna and pre-amp if you don't watch much TV.

I live in Brampton and all I need is 24-hour children TV (it was Treehouse TV from Rogers) for my son. I had to pay $40 a month (it would be $45 next month) for it.

Fortunately, WNED-TV in Buffalo were adding another broadcast stream and starting to broadcast PBS Kids 24 hours a day last month. I tried an RCA indoor antenna from Princess Auto with ChannelMaster 7777 pre-amp from Amazon and it worked wonderfully. Due to the direction the windows of the room are facing (to southwest), WNED-TV reception is even stronger than TVO. So, I saved $45 a month just with $100 + tax.

CM7777 is $80 + $20 RCA indoor antenna that is no larger than a letter size paper.

Other than the 3 WNED streams, I also got the CBCs, TVO, City-TV, CFMT and a few others Canadian and US channels.