Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Rogers] Register for Suretap and receive $100 Prepaid Virtual MasterCard

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2016 1:38 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2011
1290 posts
519 upvotes
sandviper wrote: i am on an S5 and called rogers once again and someone is to call me back from back office
she told me that S5's are having issues...
ill wait for the person to call me back and report what they did in hopes to helps fellow s5 users here.
my buddy also has an s5 and he did it and took him 5 mins and hes good to go...so not all will have issues.
downloaded into my S5 yday and added rogers prepaid card. Still it shows "Pending"
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1142 posts
288 upvotes
Markham
Ya TD has same offer but their MOBILE app for suretap is not working so essentially usseless....their app reviews have taken a huge beating and no update yet... TD BANK FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lovefreemoney wrote: For those that have a CIBC credit card, since you're already getting the suretap sim for this promo, you may as well download the CIBC mobile payment app, and score another free $25. :)
I'm game cuz I love free money!
That promo ends November 30th though.
Sandviper
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3385 posts
441 upvotes
Montreal
So how\where can we use the 100$ SureTap credit ?
Do we have ABSOLUTELY to use SureTap to use the 100$ credit or they also give u a temporary credit card number like a pre-loaded physical credit card ?

Thanks.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Banned
Sep 10, 2014
694 posts
145 upvotes
Ahzuz wrote: So how\where can we use the 100$ SureTap credit ?
Do we have ABSOLUTELY to use SureTap to use the 100$ credit or they also give u a temporary credit card number like a pre-loaded physical credit card ?

Thanks.
Suretap only. That's the whole point of the promo.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2848 posts
327 upvotes
My brother is with Rogers, doesnt have one of the supported phones. Do you think he could order an NFC sim card, put it in my phone, activate it, then redeem the offer under his account?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3385 posts
441 upvotes
Montreal
and... anyways to get the SureTap Sim card for free ?
It's 12$ for the simcard online.

Or everyone had it already in their phones !?

edit : called.. waited 15 mins on line, hung up too long... RFD effect.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Oct 25, 2011
167 posts
151 upvotes
e4chan wrote: General rule is that it doesn't appear to work on rooted phones. There are so many flavours out there. keep stock and you should be fine.

Works great on my HTC one M8 :) . Got my $100.

Told my friends...they are happy campers too.

For others not on Rogers...guess they are out of luck.
davetel wrote: I can confirm that you need to be on stock ROM in order for SureTap to work.

Received my SureTap SIM last week but couldn't get it to work. Scotiabank app kept crashing and the SureTap app didn't recognize that I had a compatible SIM card. I was rooted and running CyanogenMod 11. Rogers rep couldn't figure out why it wasn't working (but she was super nice and attentive...go figure!)

Coincidentally,yesterday I figured I would check my suspicion. Reverted to stock ROM and low and behold, it is working.

Saw this post late last night, activated the Rogers MasterCard and got my $100 applied to my account.

Thanks OP.
Now to figure out what to spend it on. ������
V-ron wrote: Thank you both. And I had just rooted two weeks ago. Argh. Hopefully I won't brick my phone trying to revert back to stock rom. May I ask where you got the stock ROM from? Or did you make a backup of your phone before rooting?
Odd: worked on my S5 Rooted debloated and S3 Rooted, running Carbon. Dunno why if it doesn't for you guys.
May 31, 2011
148 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Just a heads up... Not all places that accept Mastercard PayPass will accept SureTap.

I went to an SDM that was listed on the Mastercard website as accepting PayPass, however, I was told that they haven't updated their POS machines to accept payment by cell phone.

I need to use up this $100!! :-)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
davetel wrote: Just a heads up... Not all places that accept Mastercard PayPass will accept SureTap.

I went to an SDM that was listed on the Mastercard website as accepting PayPass, however, I was told that they haven't updated their POS machines to accept payment by cell phone.

I need to use up this $100!! :-)
Whoever the cashier was, has no clue.
If the POS terminal accepts a regular pay pass MC; it will accept suretap...same NFC technology!
The NFC chip is the simcard that's in the phone.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
vkizzle wrote: Whoever the cashier was, has no clue.
If the POS terminal accepts a regular pay pass MC; it will accept suretap...same NFC technology!
The NFC chip is the simcard that's in the phone.
Yup... If the POS accepts credit card tap cards, it'll accept phone payment too.
Jul 30, 2009
661 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
vorthex wrote: My brother is with Rogers, doesnt have one of the supported phones. Do you think he could order an NFC sim card, put it in my phone, activate it, then redeem the offer under his account?
yea it works, i did that
May 31, 2011
148 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
@vkizzle @wearysky Now I feel cheated! I'll try another store after work today. Thanks everyone.
Sep 10, 2013
18 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Is anyone else having problem with registration? I keep getting an error at step 4, saying "data access is necessary to fetch security questions." I tried with wifi on, wifi and lte on, just lte on, basically all the options I could think of...
Oct 18, 2007
282 posts
8 upvotes
Redflagmaniac wrote: Seeing some trends here:

1. Fees
The $2.50 will only apply until the balance of the card is $0 - after that no fees. The $10 cancellation fee is only if you want the balance refunded (they cut you a check and mail it to you, that's the reason for the cost)
2. Credit score
Prepaid doesn't impact credit scores, nor does it even touch the credit agencies
3. Registration Issues
there are 2 things I am can read 1) is the different mods being used, reset to last "official" OS version and it should work, 2) "Still registering" - if you pop your Suretap SIM in too fast, the backend systems doesn't immediately recognize the change, so if you immediately try to register the app hangs, uninstall and reinstall after 10-20mins and it should work.

good offer
Source that this won't impact credit score and the credit agencies?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
evilgenius wrote: Source that this won't impact credit score and the credit agencies?
Source: cardholder agreement. (can be found on rogers prepaid mastercard webpage).
"The Virtual Card is not a credit card, charge card or debit card, and its use will not enhance or improve the Cardholder’s credit rating."
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
davetel wrote: @vkizzle @wearysky Now I feel cheated! I'll try another store after work today. Thanks everyone.
It's relatively new technology and you will get looks of amazement (how did you do that or did you just pay with your phone...LOL?)
All you need to specify is that you will be paying via MasterCard and if the terminal is equipped, the cashier doesn't need to do anything else; other than waiting for you tap the terminal.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2004
1053 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
psxp wrote: And rogers wanted me to pay $10 for the NFC sim! :-\
If you tell them you want to exchange sim cards they shouldn't charge you. If you want a second sim card then they make you pay $10. I got the NFC sim when TD app started to have mobile payments.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)