Cell Phones

Rogers rententions vs customer relations?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2011 7:28 pm
[OP]
Jun 18, 2011
23 posts
3 upvotes
MARKHAM

Rogers rententions vs customer relations?

I'm trying to get a cheaper plan and I was just curious as to whether the customer relations department is the same thing as retentions?
5 replies
Temp. Banned
Feb 16, 2005
13610 posts
140 upvotes
Winnipeg
mibrin wrote: I'm trying to get a cheaper plan and I was just curious as to whether the customer relations department is the same thing as retentions?

I think they put you through to retentions, if your story requires it.... Not as helpful imo
driving to NS to move, be back in a weekish
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2010
2362 posts
382 upvotes
Thunder Bay
With Rogers, customer relations is retentions.

Every now and then, when you ask for customer relations, and you're talking to the guy, they call themselves retentions instead. It's the same thing, they have the ability to offer retentions plans, apply credits, etc.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39910 posts
5970 upvotes
King City
So does the same thing apply to Bell? I was going to post up a thread and ask what's the difference as well with Bell. Plus I actually am thinking of canceling my contract but not sure whom to deal with it.
Proud to be an Indian.
1110 posts
168 upvotes
Whitby
djemzine wrote: So does the same thing apply to Bell? I was going to post up a thread and ask what's the difference as well with Bell. Plus I actually am thinking of canceling my contract but not sure whom to deal with it.

The names don't really matter. With any of the big three, the ones you get on the phone first are the entry level script robots that can't actually do anything related to your contract besides fix billing errors. If you utter the keywords "i want to cancel", you will immediately be transferred to a separate department that CAN negotiate your plan with you. There are several hundred page long threads here that deal specifically with the rogers negotiations.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39910 posts
5970 upvotes
King City
pessimism wrote: The names don't really matter. With any of the big three, the ones you get on the phone first are the entry level script robots that can't actually do anything related to your contract besides fix billing errors. If you utter the keywords "i want to cancel", you will immediately be transferred to a separate department that CAN negotiate your plan with you. There are several hundred page long threads here that deal specifically with the rogers negotiations.

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind.
Proud to be an Indian.