None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1336 posts
90 upvotes
Brampton

Rogers returning $30million to 300,000 customers

I did a search and didn't see any topics, but apparently, if you are on one of their consolidated bill plans where they offer you a discount, they weren't doing it right and must now credit your account back. OR if you are not an existing client anymore and qualify for it, they will send you a cheque. But if they can't find you, they will donate it to charity...

I have been on their bundle plan for a long time with all the services including home phone, two cell phones, internet, and cable. I wonder how much I will get.

But I have to say it...

I guess they really are ROBBERS....they just got caught is all... :D :twisted:

http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/1806 ... g-300.html
29 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2687 posts
601 upvotes
Ottawa
It's kinda silly if that many people didn't notice the difference between their agreed contract and their bill tho :P
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1336 posts
90 upvotes
Brampton
I will also add they under billed 200,000 clients and waived it, but I choose to read what I want...

Robbers.... :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5762 posts
456 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
....so do I just call in or.....?
--
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2356 posts
328 upvotes
I'm pretty sure I'm one of the 200,000. Good to know they won't be coming after me!
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10853 posts
2197 upvotes
Kingston
Akitakara wrote:
Jun 18th, 2010 7:04 pm
It's kinda silly if that many people didn't notice the difference between their agreed contract and their bill tho :P
I'd noticed, but I couldn't picture a discussion with a Rogers CSR on how the discount SHOULD be calculated going anywhere so I never called.

Glad someone pursued it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1336 posts
90 upvotes
Brampton
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out a way, that if this applies to me, how I can apply it to the Iphone 4. LOL...
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19026 posts
1480 upvotes
Vednar wrote:
Jun 18th, 2010 6:56 pm

I guess they really are ROBBERS....they just got caught is all... :D :twisted:
They didn't get "caught", they found this on their own during an internal audit.

RTFA.

Rogers / Bell bashing is fine but don't just make up facts...
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1336 posts
90 upvotes
Brampton
brunes wrote:
Jun 21st, 2010 7:20 am
They didn't get "caught", they found this on their own during an internal audit.

RTFA.

Rogers / Bell bashing is fine but don't just make up facts...
Rightttt, because I presented that portion as fact...lol... That was just my own opinion. I was only kidding hence the laughing thing. Wow, uptight much? forget it, there is always that percentage of people like you that can't take a joke for its worth.

For all you know, I might have meant they got caught by their internal auditor.. But it wasn't.

Its why I put the link there for people to read. Never mind, I digress, you are right, I stated that as fact, I ask that in the future, you pre-screen all my posts and ensure they are up to your standards. That way, this will avoid all confusion. I hope this is to your satisfaction.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
1220 posts
82 upvotes
Vednar wrote:
Jun 21st, 2010 2:05 am
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out a way, that if this applies to me, how I can apply it to the Iphone 4. LOL...
IF it DOES apply to you, just take the money and go to Apple Store in July and buy an UNLOCK iphone :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1336 posts
90 upvotes
Brampton
Hot Ice wrote:
Jun 21st, 2010 10:54 am
IF it DOES apply to you, just take the money and go to Apple Store in July and buy an UNLOCK iphone :twisted:
Yeah, that's the best way. If I ever wanted to jump networks I could. Great idea. But I highly doubt as an existing client they would send me a cheque. But no harm in trying.
:D
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2444 posts
394 upvotes
Ottawa
i am Rogers customer for almost 5 years.
What should i do to get things checked?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
2847 posts
263 upvotes
I heard its only if you have their "bundle" packages with home phone, cable and internet. Is this true? Would this "thing" affect me? I am not a bundle sub. but I do have internet and cable with a discount....

PS: time to switch to Shaw Direct.
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6198 posts
1052 upvotes
Has anyone ever been told that they need to sign a 1+ yr contract in order to get that discount?

I used to have that discount 10% off but then one day it stopped and they said I needed to sign a contract to qualify for it.