24240 posts
1506 upvotes
Markham, ON
just received a letter saying I will get $37 back....too bad it wasnt $100
Sep 21, 2003
574 posts
120 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
Just got the letter in the mail. $602.46 credit, including $82.20 in interest :-0
"My fellow Americans, these are not the droids the nation is looking for."
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6901 posts
261 upvotes
Vednar wrote:
Jun 18th, 2010 6:56 pm
I did a search and didn't see any topics, but apparently, if you are on one of their consolidated bill plans where they offer you a discount, they weren't doing it right and must now credit your account back. OR if you are not an existing client anymore and qualify for it, they will send you a cheque. But if they can't find you, they will donate it to charity...

I have been on their bundle plan for a long time with all the services including home phone, two cell phones, internet, and cable. I wonder how much I will get.

But I have to say it...

I guess they really are ROBBERS....they just got caught is all... :D :twisted:

http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/1806 ... g-300.html
This was happening to about 40% of my customers.

However, roughly 20-25% of my customers were getting this discount when they should not be. I wonder what will happen to those customers?
NINTENDO - NES SNES N64
SEGA PLAYSTATION ATARI EVERYTHING ELSE IE VECTREX Have old Games? Broken or working ! Systems games controllers guides manuals game boxes etc!!~~ I GIVE YOU MONEY ~~EMAIL me :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: Cellplanman@gmail.com
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4366 posts
370 upvotes
Mendesb wrote:
Jul 12th, 2010 12:47 pm
However, roughly 20-25% of my customers were getting this discount when they should not be. I wonder what will happen to those customers?
this:

[IMG]http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3605/imageool.jpg[/IMG]

the thing is when i agreed to the one year price, i did so based on the total price (discounts+taxes=all in). Since then i have been informed that the SAF discount (off home phone) was not applicable in my case, and now this. Im going to ask them to either provide an alternative discount to keep my price at what i agreed to, or cancel my commitment, although i get the feeling that somewhere in the contract agreement, there is some legal clause that allows them to get away with this.
Jul 11, 2010
6 posts
Canada
Do you know the phone number they are phoning with? Rogers phoned me and I thought they were just trying to sell me something so I hung up :x.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3433 posts
283 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Cool. Do you have to sign up for a 3-year contract to get the amount owed to you?
;)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7358 posts
826 upvotes
GTA
Bastich wrote:
Jul 13th, 2010 3:34 am
Cool. Do you have to sign up for a 3-year contract to get the amount owed to you?
;)
No. Even customers that are no longer with Rogers will be getting the money back if they are owed it (if Rogers knows where they are currently located).
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1326 posts
44 upvotes
Mississauga
Credit of $87.93 including taxes, $4.52 interest - its something :)
Jan 7, 2009
61 posts
73 upvotes
zzz3 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2010 4:10 pm
this:

[IMG]http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3605/imageool.jpg[/IMG]

the thing is when i agreed to the one year price, i did so based on the total price (discounts+taxes=all in). Since then i have been informed that the SAF discount (off home phone) was not applicable in my case, and now this. Im going to ask them to either provide an alternative discount to keep my price at what i agreed to, or cancel my commitment, although i get the feeling that somewhere in the contract agreement, there is some legal clause that allows them to get away with this.
Have you tried calling yet?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1851 posts
133 upvotes
Ottawa
I didn't call or anything, was just sent a letter saying they're crediting me $22. Since I've only been with them for about a year thats about $2 a month, so not all that noticeable.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7358 posts
826 upvotes
GTA
Funny thing - I got a letter from Rogers too. I currently have no Rogers services that I pay for (only cable that is paid through our condo fees - cancelled internet in February and Phone almost 2 years ago when they were forcing us to switch to cable phone). The letter says that they have audited the accounts in May and have determined we are no longer eligible for the Better Choices Bundle discount. They will remove this discount from our bill and we will see that on the next 1 or 2 bills.

I guess they've audited all accounts and are generating letters since we don't pay a bill and don't have any BCB discounts for them to remove :)
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4366 posts
370 upvotes
Ste_0 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 6:24 pm
Have you tried calling yet?
i did, see below...
sillysimms wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 7:51 pm
Funny thing - I got a letter from Rogers too. I currently have no Rogers services that I pay for (only cable that is paid through our condo fees - cancelled internet in February and Phone almost 2 years ago when they were forcing us to switch to cable phone). The letter says that they have audited the accounts in May and have determined we are no longer eligible for the Better Choices Bundle discount. They will remove this discount from our bill and we will see that on the next 1 or 2 bills.

I guess they've audited all accounts and are generating letters since we don't pay a bill and don't have any BCB discounts for them to remove :)
this was the case for me as well. Apparently the better choice bundles rep (they have setup a dedicated line for this issue) told me that a lot of people got this letter erroneously. Bottom line is my bill isnt going to go up, and the rep apologized for the letter and its ambiguity (she said they are being swamped with angry/confused customers in similar situations lol).
Sep 13, 2007
67 posts
1 upvote
Someone must have threatened them with lawsuit. Otherwise they wouldn't come out with this!
Aug 11, 2008
658 posts
37 upvotes
Victoria
I got about $5.50 back. Will almost cover the cost of their system access fee they still charge the number I have with them.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10167 posts
494 upvotes
I've received nothing even though I've been a customer for 5 years.

Actually, I just noticed that I have NO bundle discount whatsoever now... what is up with that? I am supposed to get 15% off since I have all 4 services... god knows how long I haven't gotten that for.

Edit: I called to ask and I'm not getting anything back. For the bundles she said mine expired when they gave me another offer instead, which has since expired. And like someone posted earlier in the thread, you HAVE to do a commitment to get a bundle... mine was 2 years, gross... but I took it anyways since there's no other options in these parts.