Cell Phones

Rogers Roaming - $5/day for Share Everything Plan Customers

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2017 10:20 pm
Tags:
Jun 26, 2004
10 posts
Calgary
Wife used this on a quick jaunt down to Vegas for Xmas. Seamless and the price worked out correctly. I used a T-Mobile sim with no problems on the $3/day plan. Considering this new feature added to our accounts, I might consider letting the T-Mobile sim expire completely.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1452 posts
390 upvotes
Victoria
Of course you have to be on their garbage share everything plans. Since I am not I am not eligible.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9791 posts
2275 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
MaxPower19 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2015 5:18 pm
Of course you have to be on their garbage share everything plans. Since I am not I am not eligible.
That's true, but overall it's positive. Hopefully Guy someday realizes that positive moves mean less when you purposely alienate large segments of your existing customer base.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25158 posts
5575 upvotes
GTHA
Rogers Customers Can Now Use Roam Like Home in Over 75 Countries

"Roam Like Home Expanding to the Caribbean, Mexico and South & Central America for $10/day"

[QUOTE]TORONTO, Sept. 15, 2015 /CNW/ - Rogers is turning up the heat on the wireless industry once again, almost doubling the number of countries around the world where Roam Like HomeTM is available. Starting today, Rogers customers can use the data and unlimited talk and text from their Share EverythingTM plan when roaming in over 40 eligible countries in the Caribbean, Mexico and South and Central America for just $10/day.

"Our customers are really embracing Roam Like Home – it's one of the top reasons for choosing a Share Everything plan. Almost two million customers are enrolled in less than a year and they're using more data when roaming than they did before," said Raj Doshi, Executive Vice-President, Wireless Services, Rogers Communications.

Travelling south to enjoy the sun and sand is practically a Canadian tradition, with Mexico, Cuba and the Dominican Republic rounding out the top five travel destinations Canadians travel to, along with the U.S. and Great Britain. This winter, with Roam Like Home, Rogers Share Everything customers will be able to use their mobile devices on the beach without worry.

"Canadian winters are brutal enough," said Mr. Doshi. "When you travel south, the only thing on your mind should be enjoying the sun, not worrying about coming home to a huge roaming bill."

Customers travelling to the Caribbean, Mexico, and South and Central America as well as Europe will pay only $10 per day when roaming within an eligible country and will only be charged for a maximum of 10 days on each monthly bill or a maximum of $100. Travellers to the U.S. will pay only $5 per day when roaming and only be charged for a maximum of $50 on each monthly bill. They will have access to the data and the unlimited talk and text included in their Share Everything plan. Calls and texts to local numbers in the country they're visiting or back to Canada are included and no long distance charges will apply for those calls.

Share Everything customers already enrolled in Roam Like Home can simply start using their devices while travelling to the Caribbean, Mexico and South and Central America. Our flat fee roaming rate when travelling to the U.S. remains $5 per day and $10 per day when travelling to eligible countries in Europe. Existing Share Everything customers, including small businesses, can enroll by texting "travel" to 222 for free before they leave or once they've landed in one of over 75 eligible countries. New Share Everything customers will be automatically enrolled so they can immediately take advantage of this technology, and can opt out at any time. For more information: http://www.rogers.com/roamlikehome.[/QUOTE]
Nov 26, 2013
397 posts
17 upvotes
Do rogers use AT&T and T-Mobile network for roam like home? I think when it first started it was only T-Mobile but now I think they are able to use AT&T as well?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6930 posts
950 upvotes
Maxbb92 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2016 4:47 am
Not sure , I don't like Rogers, I used have Rogers plan on my phone, but always eating my data, and charge a lots, after five year finally give up with Rogers. Now I ok with my bell, sorry not Rogers fan anymore
You decided to bump a thread about rogers roaming, and all you are replying to is general comments?

For the record, your phone is eating data, not rogers and their pay per use rates are similar to bell, so i'm not sure what improvement your getting.
johnnyh55 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2016 7:20 am
Do rogers use AT&T and T-Mobile network for roam like home? I think when it first started it was only T-Mobile but now I think they are able to use AT&T as well?
Uses both Tmobile and ATT.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25158 posts
5575 upvotes
GTHA
Update

Rogers expands Roam Like Home to Asia, Oceania for just $10/day

Roam Like Home now available in over 100 international destinations
Almost 2.3 million customers enrolled in Roam Like Home and get over 'roaming-phobia'

TORONTO, Jan. 27, 2016 /CNW/ - From the Great Barrier Reef to the Great Wall, Rogers today announced Roam Like Home is now your passport to using your smartphone around the world worry-free as Asia and Oceania join the growing list of more than 100 roaming destinations worldwide. Rogers Share Everything™ customers, including small businesses, can roam internationally for only $10 per day in Asia, Oceania, Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.

"We know our customers love the freedom of using their plan wherever they are, just like they do at home. We've heard them and we've invested in Roam Like Home™ to add more and more destinations to the plan," said Raj Doshi, Executive Vice-President Wireless Services, Rogers Communications. "Now they won't have to think twice before posting a selfie from the Sydney Opera House or searching for a restaurant in Tokyo."

Almost two million Canadians plan on travelling to Asia this year, and 95 per cent of them say they plan on bringing their smartphone on their trip, according to a recent study. Travellers agree their primary reasons for bringing a device abroad are to keep in touch (73 per cent), take photos/videos (66 per cent), and check email (66 per cent). Compared with travellers to other regions, those travelling to Asia are almost a third more likely to bring a device to access the Internet.

Starting January 27, customers can use their data bucket, and unlimited talk and text included in their Share Everything plan in new destinations, including China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, India, Pakistan, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, and more.

Customers will pay only $10 per day when roaming within an eligible international destination and will only be charged for a maximum of 10 days on each monthly bill or a maximum of $100. Additionally, travellers to the U.S. continue to pay only $5 per day when roaming and will only be charged for a maximum of $50 on each monthly bill. Calls and texts to local numbers in the destination they're visiting or back to Canada are included and no long distance charges will apply for those calls.

Existing Share Everything customers, including small businesses, can enroll by texting "travel" to 222 for free before they leave or once they've landed in one of over 100 eligible destinations. New Share Everything customers will be automatically enrolled so they can immediately take advantage of this technology, and can opt out at any time. For more information: http://www.rogers.com/roamlikehome.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1272 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
Asia is a huge one. Still cheaper to buy local sim, but if keeping phone number is important to you, then this is great.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25158 posts
5575 upvotes
GTHA
Cuba is being dropped from Rogers’ Roam Like Home program
As of July 12th, 2016, Rogers customers wanting to use Roam Like Home on their Cuban vacations will be out of luck.

The carrier sent out a text message today to its customers advising that the country would be dropped from the roaming program due to the Cuban operator’s network no longer being able to support Roam Like Home traffic. From July 12th onward, standard pay-per-use roaming rates will apply – $2.50 per minute for calls, $0.75 for texts and $1.50 per MB of data used.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9791 posts
2275 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 9:43 pm
@ceredon, now $6/day

Rogers increases U.S. Roam Like Home service fee to $6 per day
https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/08/22/roge ... -increase/
I assume as Roam Mobility and KnowRoaming are squeezed out by these carrier roaming options the carrier options will start going up in price.

Wonder how long it will take Rogers to increase the number of roaming days you are charged for, like Bell and Telus.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1401 posts
129 upvotes
Markham
Anyone know how Roam like home with rogers works if I have a 300 local minute plan? If I am in the U.S is there restrictions on how I can use my minutes since I only have local minutes while in Toronto?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25158 posts
5575 upvotes
GTHA
DdBigs wrote:
Aug 29th, 2017 7:58 pm
Anyone know how Roam like home with rogers works if I have a 300 local minute plan? If I am in the U.S is there restrictions on how I can use my minutes since I only have local minutes while in Toronto?
Did you confirm your are eligible to 'Roam Like Home' by texting travel to 222?