Rogers Roaming - $5/day for Share Everything Plan Customers

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2017 10:20 pm
Tags:
Oct 25, 2011
89 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
But the thing with swapping your SIM is you can't receive calls and texts unless people have your roaming number. Unless you have a dual SIM phone, this seems like a good price for only a couple dollars more than the Tmobile or ROAM Mobility options.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2012
4984 posts
1952 upvotes
Winnipeg
You need share everything (including underwear) plan??????
Aug 23, 2010
161 posts
22 upvotes
Montr
Rogers and hot in the same sentence wow =)
Not sure it is but if it is to some thanks op for trying =)
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1589 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
Well that's bull*****. I'm on an older grandfathered plan and I can't take advantage of this. Any plan for me to 'upgrade' to wha ti currently have will cost me another $30 a month. Sticking to what retrothing said!
Aug 18, 2010
924 posts
242 upvotes
Edmonton
Wpegger wrote:
Nov 10th, 2014 6:10 pm
This never occurred to me. This is a genius way to save money. Let me call my brother...
Sep 13, 2008
134 posts
23 upvotes
Wpegger wrote:
Nov 10th, 2014 6:10 pm
I was once told like that and got into 3 years, so called contract and the only thing I shared was calling customer service on both lines to get undefined/unknown charges showing up in bill.. Actually my 2nd line which was supposed to share the minutes was charged right from first minute. When I call and ask.. the charge will disappear (just on that bill... process will start again next bill.... and so on....)
Sep 15, 2002
188 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
I like the idea of this, and would definitely take advantage of it. I tend to be in the US 3-5 days every other month. I've been using t-mobile, and it's ok, but swapping SIMs becomes annoying (especially on the Moto X), sometimes you need to edit network settings, and it would be handy to be able to keep one number.

But.... I'm on a $30/month Fido plan, so I won't be switching. Thanks for the post though. :)
Oct 30, 2013
907 posts
505 upvotes
If you switch to Share Everything Plan just to get benefit of this feature, Congrats! Yours just made a fool out of you!

Source: Myself. I was in the department responsible for making existing customers to Share Everything.

95% of customers don't use roaming and paying the price of share everything just to get benefit of roaming is like doing a world tour in business class just because you might be rewarded with a one way free economy class flight from Toronto to Vancouver.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2012
4984 posts
1952 upvotes
Winnipeg
tsx wrote:
Nov 10th, 2014 6:11 pm
Rogers and hot in the same sentence wow =)
Not sure it is but if it is to some thanks op for trying =)
Except when it is a price error.
Banned
Oct 22, 2009
520 posts
490 upvotes
retrothing wrote:
Nov 10th, 2014 6:04 pm
Getting charged $5/day for the privilege of using data you've already paid for? Horrible.

Use Roam Mobility and get unlimited voice + text + 400 MB 4G data per day for $3.95. Or T-Mobile for $3/day.

No need to support Rogers in another country. Swapping SIMs is a simple 1 minute procedure.
but its only $5 for more reliable network. Roam is good but they don't cover all USA ( Hawaii or mexico etc) and most rogers customers are using rogers anyway.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2012
4984 posts
1952 upvotes
Winnipeg
theganguly wrote:
Nov 10th, 2014 6:16 pm
If you switch to Share Everything Plan just to get benefit of this feature, Congrats! Yours just made a fool out of you!

Source: Myself. I was in the department responsible for making existing customers to Share Everything.

95% of customers don't use roaming and paying the price of share everything just to get benefit of roaming is like doing a world tour in business class just because you might be rewarded with a one way free economy class flight from Toronto to Vancouver.
Only good for the company and shareholders...
Sep 13, 2008
134 posts
23 upvotes
canfiz wrote:
Nov 10th, 2014 6:17 pm
but its only $5 for more reliable network. Roam is good but they don't cover all USA ( Hawaii or mexico etc) and most rogers customers are using rogers anyway.
'Reliable network' stops at the International border line.... after that you are in the mercy of the US providers... !!
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
10280 posts
1816 upvotes
VANCOUVER
canfiz wrote:
Nov 10th, 2014 6:17 pm
... and most rogers customers are using rogers anyway.
Hmm...let me think about this one. :|