Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto

rogers rocket hub

my mother in law who lives in the sticks is looking to move up from her 10 dollar a month dial up internet to high speed internet

for her to get wireless internet in her area, she first has to pay 500 installation fee plus the monthly dues not to mention move some trees...

anyway, she is considering the rogers rocket hub. there is a plan where she will get a samsung galaxy for 99 bucks and be in a 3 year term. she probably won't even use the galaxy but just use the hub to access the internet on her desktop - is that possible? how does the galaxy connect to the desktop to service it with internet - does it need a cord in between?

she basically uses the internet for emailing, very little browsing and may use it for skype (with video) if she keeps it under 100 mb a month. will that even be possible? it's only 22 a month if she can do that.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38384 posts
12008 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
The best option for her would be to create a hotspot with her phone and connect to it via wireless.

Wait for a promo and get the 6 Gig $30 plan
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1708 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
sorry guys, she is thinking of getting the samsung galaxy tablet. she has no smart phone.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5186 posts
1829 upvotes
Mississauga
Where is she living? If she's in the middle of no where, she might not have 3g
Aug 1, 2009
296 posts
250 upvotes
Ontario
GateGuardian wrote: Where is she living? If she's in the middle of no where, she might not have 3g
I have the galaxy tab, called rogers and had them match the telus plan. 500 megs for 24 bucks after tax .... works everywhere, highly recommend it, the service is consistent and stable. plus because of their telus matching they have price tiers at 5 and 10 bucks, so months that I use little bandwidth the price is even better. You have to quote them the telus deal, then they put you on hold for a while.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)