Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers 500u $33.89 Tax In (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2018 11:03 pm
Tags:
Sep 29, 2015
37 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I keep getting shut down. Now the reps let me know they can see the previous beat offers. This just reminds me why I left Rogers years ago.
Nov 21, 2015
643 posts
388 upvotes
Quick Question!
Do the Gigabit Modems have the ability for making a separate "Guest" network?
I know there is 2.4 and 5, but other than that, will it give an option to set a separate guest network, due to the reason I have tenants in the basement and the guest network is usually their "network".
Apr 19, 2017
257 posts
246 upvotes
Patel151 wrote: Quick Question!
I know there is 2.4 and 5, but other than that, will it give an option to set a separate guest network, due to the reason I have tenants in the basement and the guest network is usually their "network".
There is!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
Patel151 wrote: Quick Question!
There is guest Network on top of 2.4 and 5ghz.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4560 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
Swapped my modem with a new gigabit modem an hour ago. How long before I see 500Mbps speeds? I'm only getting about 170...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote: Swapped my modem with a new gigabit modem an hour ago. How long before I see 500Mbps speeds? I'm only getting about 170...
Hmm just checked mine, switched it out few days ago. Only getting 60 Mbps on "Gigabit". Was faster with Ignite 150 lol.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jan 22, 2015
816 posts
1281 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xblackrainbow wrote: +1 anyone know how to get the swap going? Literally zero stock anywhere
I tried 6 stores twice, gave up called Customer Service and they sent the tech to have it installed
They charge $49.99 or if you are nice they will waive the fee. Had to wait 3 days but it was better
than chasing the modem around the gta.
Oct 25, 2011
167 posts
151 upvotes
Patience DOES pay off!

Tried live chat this afternoon - first rep passed me along to higher up, waited an hour. This rep told me no. I asked to go higher and proceeded to wait another 40 mins before I needed to leave my desk and get on with my day.

I now decided to attack from all angles...

Called them up and was placed on a call back list (1hr). While I was waiting for a call back I jumped back on to try the live chat. This time I was directed to management quicker but still no dice. He said there was nothing he could do and there is no one higher than him that could apply the promo if it was even possible. The best he could do was to offer me a credit of 2 months ($158) for the hassle and if I wanted he could have whats called "office of the president" call me in 3-5days to express my concerns. Total BS...

I called in AGAIN and this time had the phone on hold..While on hold I tried live management chat again, and waited. My call waiting went off and it was rogers return call. I answered and now at this time I have 3 chances open and ongoing. I spoke to the rep who was hands down the most chill coolest rep I have ever dealt with from any company period! I told him the offer and he made a joke and said he would be pissed if he couldn't get the offer too. He was very apologetic that he has to put me on hold again but he has to get another office to input my postal code and retain the offer.

At this time a live chat rep came on so now I was juggling two... I stalled the live chat rep until the phone rep came back. After a few minutes he came back and said everything was good to go. Thanked him for his time and hung up. Exited the live chat and the other call that I was on hold for....

Thanks everyone here. I thought there was no way to get this deal and I was sunk. Have patience and persevere!
Jan 22, 2015
816 posts
1281 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cessnabmw wrote: Swapped my modem with a new gigabit modem an hour ago. How long before I see 500Mbps speeds? I'm only getting about 170...
Got mine today - i've been fluctuating between 60-700mbs
Wifi - I was getting 30 - turned the router wifi off and used google wifi and was getting 200+
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3606 posts
2409 upvotes
Mississauga
Left a note on management chat and also on FB. Suffering from severe cold so staying on hold on phone is not an option. Let's see how it goes . Nevertheless, great deal OP.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
Speed test I just did right now. This is about in line with what I see on usenet. I've never ever seen 1000Mbps though, but this is good enough for me.

Nov 20, 2011
308 posts
233 upvotes
NORTH YORK
rhalim2020 wrote: I was able to get the deal in Oshawa
Postal code L1L

Offer: 24.99 +tax ; including modem rental installation fee waived

I tried:
2x using chat : Failed
1x using management chat: Failed

I am a new customer.

Called in using 877 number got it after 10 minute hold.
The person who served me was Peter from Ottawa, extremely pleasant and nice individual.
Before calling in I was declined based on Postal Code.
Congratulation.

I'm in l1k. You give me hope
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
newcan wrote: I tried 6 stores twice, gave up called Customer Service and they sent the tech to have it installed
They charge $49.99 or if you are nice they will waive the fee. Had to wait 3 days but it was better
than chasing the modem around the gta.
They shouldn't charge the fee because it is their false. Did they said $49.99 and then wave you for free?
Last edited by timeoninternet on Mar 23rd, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2476 posts
333 upvotes
ncr
cyphon21 wrote: Your download speed would rely on the end server you are downloading from. The upload capacity would be no where near the download speeds you have. Also, can you confirm if you are getting 40-50mb/s. Not mbps. That would be a different speed.

Pretty much usenet is one of the only situations you would see full speeds. Everything else is limited to the other end.
i'm ok with one end server capping my speed. But wouldn't you agree that, while you're maxed out with one server, your pipe (1000mbps) pipe can still youtube, netflix, etc? in my case, while it's downloading at 250mbps, nothing gets through.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2476 posts
333 upvotes
ncr
aumkarpraja wrote: It will only download as fast as your hard drive is, in this case your hard drive is probably the bottleneck as it needs time to write.
That is fair, but i was downloading to a ssd. should be able to handle more than 250mbps
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4560 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: Speed test I just did right now. This is about in line with what I see on usenet. I've never ever seen 1000Mbps though, but this is good enough for me.

Did you get your speeds instantly after the modem swap?
Apr 10, 2009
813 posts
263 upvotes
Easy to get the plan if you're in the right area code. But if you need a gigabit modem good luck. I called about 20 stores and all were out of stock.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
cessnabmw wrote: Did you get your speeds instantly after the modem swap?
Yes, when you go into the store to swap the modem, they activate the new one to your account right in front of you. So soon as I went home and plugged everything in it was good to go.
Aug 16, 2010
505 posts
152 upvotes
Anyone in west Mississauga get this plan? The CS reps on the phone keep telling me my area code is not eligible for this plan at this price. Wouldn't even allow me to escalate to a supervisor.
My area code is L5N.

EDIT: Called three times. No luck. :(
Last edited by MAR-TYR-DOM on Mar 23rd, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 26, 2015
480 posts
398 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
So I am at a point after 20 contacts I was given management office contact info to escalate. If it works I will post it here might be better route for some of us who just aren't able to get it.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)