Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7443 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Symbol87 wrote: For me, the alarm system requires a landline. If I switch to VOIP service such as Ooma, I'd have to upgrade the alarm system at a cost that would neutralize my savings from going wireless, so I just stick to landline with its higher call quality/reliability.

I wouldn't pay over $20 though, and especially not the prices they show on their website. That's just way too much for technology that is over a century old
What kind of alarm system do you have? For the longest time, I held out going with Ooma because I was under the impression that my alarm system needed a landline. But a couple months ago I finally did the switch and I didn't run into any problems with my alarm working with Ooma. Just had to use a Ooma Lynx device so that I can put the Ooma box upstairs while being able to hook up the alarm system in the basement to it. I have a DSC alarm with The Monitoring Center.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1858 posts
1188 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
Symbol87 wrote: For me, the alarm system requires a landline. If I switch to VOIP service such as Ooma, I'd have to upgrade the alarm system at a cost that would neutralize my savings from going wireless, so I just stick to landline with its higher call quality/reliability.

I wouldn't pay over $20 though, and especially not the prices they show on their website. That's just way too much for technology that is over a century old
Who is your landline provider? The prices at Bell are awful.
Nov 12, 2017
9 posts
I have heard that if a family member (parents) at the same address is an existing Rogers customer. It is possible to close that service/account and sign up under a different family member (yourself) and it is possible to get the benefits of a limited time offer deal. Anyone know if this is true?
Aug 8, 2012
187 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: What kind of alarm system do you have? For the longest time, I held out going with Ooma because I was under the impression that my alarm system needed a landline. But a couple months ago I finally did the switch and I didn't run into any problems with my alarm working with Ooma. Just had to use a Ooma Lynx device so that I can put the Ooma box upstairs while being able to hook up the alarm system in the basement to it. I have a DSC alarm with The Monitoring Center.
Hmm, I'll look into that, thanks.
diav wrote: Who is your landline provider? The prices at Bell are awful.
Rogers. You can get unadvertised plans by just calling in. I got the North america calling with 6 features
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1858 posts
1188 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
Symbol87 wrote: Rogers. You can get unadvertised plans by just calling in. I got the North america calling with 6 features
Dang, that's pretty good. I'll see if I can haggle with Rogers on this then... The parents have been super resistant with porting the Bell landline to either a wireless home phone or the Rogers landline... but I'll see if I can get a bundle with Rogers since I need to deal with their expiring Ignite 100u contract.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Symbol87 wrote: Hmm, I'll look into that, thanks.

Rogers. You can get unadvertised plans by just calling in. I got the North america calling with 6 features
What other products do you have with Rogers?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7443 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zaidyboy wrote: What other products do you have with Rogers?
The $19.99 NA deal is a bundled discount. I think you need to have cable+internet with Rogers? I had the gigabit+VIP deal for $99 and was able to addon the NA LD home phone for $20. They told me at the time that the $20 promo is ongoing as long as I keep my internet and cable.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
rvs007 wrote: The $19.99 NA deal is a bundled discount. I think you need to have cable+internet with Rogers? I had the gigabit+VIP deal for $99 and was able to addon the NA LD home phone for $20. They told me at the time that the $20 promo is ongoing as long as I keep my internet and cable.
Yep, that's what I thought.

Thanks for clarifying :)
Jul 22, 2016
105 posts
71 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: The $19.99 NA deal is a bundled discount. I think you need to have cable+internet with Rogers? I had the gigabit+VIP deal for $99 and was able to addon the NA LD home phone for $20. They told me at the time that the $20 promo is ongoing as long as I keep my internet and cable.
I wonder if that's just agent talk... if it's a bundle discount then the bill says it. For me, it mentions ignite bundle savings under both my Internet and Cable sections, but under my home phone section it shows the same as the picture above, i.e no bundle savings. Theoretically I should be able to drop the internet and cable and still keep the same price for home phone.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-h ... a-1297741/ <- here it shows that their system had/has it as an individual feature
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Aryagorn wrote: I wonder if that's just agent talk... if it's a bundle discount then the bill says it. For me, it mentions ignite bundle savings under both my Internet and Cable sections, but under my home phone section it shows the same as the picture above, i.e no bundle savings. Theoretically I should be able to drop the internet and cable and still keep the same price for home phone.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-h ... a-1297741/ <- here it shows that their system had/has it as an individual feature
It is a bundled discount. You will lose the discount if you drop the cable and/or tv.

A while back, they did offer it as a standalone for a short period of time but not anymore.
Sep 24, 2012
965 posts
376 upvotes
Etobicoke
any noticeable deals for existing customers?

am on $70 100u internet only plan expiring end of this month. looking for options. does BELL offer any better packages?
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1556 posts
4 upvotes
Hey everyone,

Im currently on Bell with phone, fibe tv and, internet. I got a shock on my bill when it arrived and it was ~$215 before taxes and after calling retentions and getting dicked around I'm ready to switch.

I haven't had Rogers in over a decade, I see a lot of deals are region specific. Is there a list of deals per region? Would a reseller be a risky way to go? I've visited a Rogers store today and it was a mess, employees didn't know their own bundles / packages nor costs of services and after giving me multiple quotes they forgot to add channels I requested to the bundle.

I'd like to spend less than $150 with at least 60mbps internet, and a Luso Premier Package. I might be switching home phone to teksavvy.

If anyone has any advice, suggestions, deals I'd greatly appreciate it.
Heatware: EGM92 38-0-0
Contests:
Be The First to Play X360 console winner! OCT 22 1-2am
Pepsi "Win Every Hour" Contest Winner: Xbox360 Oct30 12-1am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
EGM92 wrote: Hey everyone,

Im currently on Bell with phone, fibe tv and, internet. I got a shock on my bill when it arrived and it was ~$215 before taxes and after calling retentions and getting dicked around I'm ready to switch.

I haven't had Rogers in over a decade, I see a lot of deals are region specific. Is there a list of deals per region? Would a reseller be a risky way to go? I've visited a Rogers store today and it was a mess, employees didn't know their own bundles / packages nor costs of services and after giving me multiple quotes they forgot to add channels I requested to the bundle.

I'd like to spend less than $150 with at least 60mbps internet, and a Luso Premier Package. I might be switching home phone to teksavvy.

If anyone has any advice, suggestions, deals I'd greatly appreciate it.
send an e-mail to the address in the thread summary..you can ask them
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1556 posts
4 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: send an e-mail to the address in the thread summary..you can ask them
Thanks, just did that. Any idea on how long it takes for a reply? It pains me knowing Bell is **** me over every day I have their service.
Contests:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
EGM92 wrote: Thanks, just did that. Any idea on how long it takes for a reply? It pains me knowing Bell is **** me over every day I have their service.
No Idea.
Jun 13, 2013
168 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
EGM92 wrote: Thanks, just did that. Any idea on how long it takes for a reply? It pains me knowing Bell is **** me over every day I have their service.
You'll feel the same way about Rogers down the road; trust me! ;-)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
nova1979 wrote: You'll feel the same way about Rogers down the road; trust me! ;-)
LOL yep. They're all the same
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1858 posts
1188 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
I sent an email on Sunday night and heard back on Monday morning. Then exchanged a few emails on Monday, so there's definitely someone checking the inbox, Maybe they'll get back to you tomorrow morning since I'm not sure what the field agents' hours are....
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1556 posts
4 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: LOL yep. They're all the same
Unfortunately it seems to be the way of Canadian life.
diav wrote: I sent an email on Sunday night and heard back on Monday morning. Then exchanged a few emails on Monday, so there's definitely someone checking the inbox, Maybe they'll get back to you tomorrow morning since I'm not sure what the field agents' hours are....
Great, I'll keep checking my inbox regularly.
Contests:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Just got word that the following promotion is open to everyone in Ottawa (new sign ups only, unsure about existing) Expires Feb 22

Ignite 500u - $38/month + hst
Gigabit - $48/month + hst

No installation fees
No activation fees
24 months savings guaranteed

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 5 guests)

whichseatcanitake