Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
4151 posts
838 upvotes
will888 wrote: Call 1-877-457-7592 instead of the usual rogers1 toll free number. This number was mentioned during the $25/35 500u/gigabit deal. It gives you access to a higher level in the customer service food chain and bypasses all the menu BS. If at first you don't succeed at least there will be less time wasted.
Will give it a shot! Thanks.
RFD'er since 2007 😎
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
4151 posts
838 upvotes
My update:

Called the 1-877 number and rep gave me one offer (no good). Said I wanted to cancel and he mentioned a "third tier customer service rep" who came on. He offered:

150U for $54.99
Popular tv for $44.99
Free pvr
extra box (non pvr) $12

Total of $127ish with taxes per month.

Going from the VIP + GB offer I felt this was weak... But it's on my file for 24 hours.

Any advice on next steps? Follow through with cancelling and hope for the win-back?
RFD'er since 2007 😎
Mar 29, 2011
94 posts
50 upvotes
Called 2 weeks ago to put in a cancellation for my services on June 02. Was offered $160 for the same stuff. Got winback email last week. Just finished wrapping up the call and was offered:

Gigabit & Premier TV (w/ HD PVR) for $100 per month, for one year. The agent also tossed in TMN free for the year.

Not bad, at least I'm not stuck with that HD box anymore. I guess I'll see you guys in a year's time.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mself084 wrote: My update:

Called the 1-877 number and rep gave me one offer (no good). Said I wanted to cancel and he mentioned a "third tier customer service rep" who came on. He offered:

150U for $54.99
Popular tv for $44.99
Free pvr
extra box (non pvr) $12

Total of $127ish with taxes per month.

Going from the VIP + GB offer I felt this was weak... But it's on my file for 24 hours.

Any advice on next steps? Follow through with cancelling and hope for the win-back?
Go through the OOTP and see if you can get an offer to keep your VIP+GB internet for $94.47/mo. That's what I was offered when I called in late April. Not sure if it's still being offered by the OOTP team, but you can try.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
4151 posts
838 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: Go through the OOTP and see if you can get an offer to keep your VIP+GB internet for $94.47/mo. That's what I was offered when I called in late April. Not sure if it's still being offered by the OOTP team, but you can try.
What does OOTP stand for? Thanks Slightly Smiling Face
RFD'er since 2007 😎
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mself084 wrote: What does OOTP stand for? Thanks Slightly Smiling Face
OOTP=Office of the President.

Go to Rogers.com and click on "Contact Us", and then click on "Share a Concern", then fill out the online form and have them contact you by phone or email. Make sure you describe what you're looking for and why you are considering leaving Rogers if you can't get the VIP+Gigabit renewed for another year.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
4151 posts
838 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: OOTP=Office of the President.

Go to Rogers.com and click on "Contact Us", and then click on "Share a Concern", then fill out the online form and have them contact you by phone or email. Make sure you describe what you're looking for and why you are considering leaving Rogers if you can't get the VIP+Gigabit renewed for another year.
Cool, will update later Slightly Smiling Face
RFD'er since 2007 😎
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
Still have yet to receive a winback email. Some get it rather quickly.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
Having gone through the ordeal differently this year, I strongly suggest people start looking for deals a couple of months before the renewal date. They allow the new deal to be future dated to the renewal date or commenced early. I wanted the 500u plan when it was being offered at $25 back in March. I called to see whether I can get that and have it future dated to when my $99 gigabit promo ends. The agent had no problem with that. In the mean time, I continue to monitor for better deals. Unfortunately, there was nothing better.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Sep 21, 2015
526 posts
184 upvotes
London, ON
will888 wrote: Having gone through the ordeal differently this year, I strongly suggest people start looking for deals a couple of months before the renewal date. They allow the new deal to be future dated to the renewal date or commenced early. I wanted the 500u plan when it was being offered at $25 back in March. I called to see whether I can get that and have it future dated to when my $99 gigabit promo ends. The agent had no problem with that. In the mean time, I continue to monitor for better deals. Unfortunately, there was nothing better.
I can't see there ever being anything better then 500u/24,99, modem included. Now... At that time I had also seen 60u/19.99. That was really tempting, but for the $5 difference I went with the 500u also.

It was a very good promotion though, and I jumped on it - Had them expire my gigabit/extra plus bundle early and switched to that at the time. The price savings was worth more to me then the unused higher speeds and unwatched tv channels.
Oct 31, 2006
8 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
SeeNonRuns wrote: yeah just cancel for 5th, you'll get winback email. Get the sweet deal and then once you have the deal give them the notice you're moving
Cancelled this morning... had the call back this afternoon and got the Gigabit + Premiere back for 105+tax
Jul 18, 2007
769 posts
210 upvotes
Since Premier does not come with the channel, it would normally cost $14 to add it. However apparently you can add it for free if you have the premier package.
Apr 18, 2007
692 posts
689 upvotes
I called the number posted here, my Gigabit + VIP was ending in June. Ended up just signing 150 for 34.99, figured it's still better than the Carrytel deal and I can just do it until a solid deal like the 500u/24.99 comes back again.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
Wow. Rogers effing hates me for some reason. FB is trying to pawn $179 tax in as a good offer.

So sick of Rogers. Took 38 minutes on the phone to put in my 30-day cancellation notice on internet. Keeping cable so no 'accidents' happen to my line. Will go with Carrytel until Bell FTTH is wired.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Oct 4, 2008
127 posts
11 upvotes
toronto
I canceled the service a week ago (22MAY) effective date for 5th JUNE. and no winback email or any phone call from Rogers.... anyone on the same boat? I guess we have to switch to Bell now?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
cleacy1972 wrote: I can't see there ever being anything better then 500u/24,99, modem included. Now... At that time I had also seen 60u/19.99. That was really tempting, but for the $5 difference I went with the 500u also.

It was a very good promotion though, and I jumped on it - Had them expire my gigabit/extra plus bundle early and switched to that at the time. The price savings was worth more to me then the unused higher speeds and unwatched tv channels.
On price it is hard to beat. My problem is that the new plans reduce upload speed significantly. My goal was to try and see if there was a way of getting a plan that retains the 50 mbit upload speed that I used to enjoy. There wasn't and so I am a peace with paying $25 for 12 months. We will have to do this all over again in 10 months time.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Jan 2, 2006
245 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
Just wondering what is the experience of users here with 4K. I am totally disappointed!

In new package I just got I included 4K PVR (they did not seem to give discounts on that - it's $25). On these few channels they have labeled as 4K THERE IS NO 4K content! At least I could not see it anytime I tried. Some NBA playoff games were shown but they were definitely not broadcasted in 4K. What is the deal there?
Sep 21, 2015
526 posts
184 upvotes
London, ON
will888 wrote: We will have to do this all over again in 10 months time.
Oh damn. Just realized it's already been two months since I renewed my contract on a 12 month term: There's only 10 months left before I have to do this again :(
Mar 10, 2014
62 posts
69 upvotes
Barrie
I have the 4K PVR and tbh, I don't see any difference either. I got it for the hockey in 4K but for the extra I am paying, I'm probably going to try and renegotiate my deal without the 4k PVR and just get the regular PVR.

I also have an ongoing issue of hcdp 2.2 incompatibility between the PVR and my TV which means I have to unplug and plug in my HDMI cable every time I want to watch a 4K channel. From my research, it seems like its a common issue with the 4k nextbox.
Jul 13, 2007
164 posts
73 upvotes
Roger's rep came knocking at my door to introduce their Gigabit service to the neighbourhood.

Coincidently, I'm reviewing and reducing my various internet, tv, phone costs....at my office I've just installed Virgin internet and my Koodo landline is also waiting for activation. Also looking into "cord cutting" ; just bought an antenna, HD Homerun and playing with Plex DVR.

After telling rep about my limited TV viewing habits, the offer:

Gigabit down, 30mbs up, unlimited; basic starter TV pkg w/ PVR, 2nd terminal & home phone- $79.95 / month for 2 years, $15.00 install fee with a $25.00 gift card to compensate. No contract or other fees.

The offer seems good enough for me to reconsider my cord cutting, Virgin and Koodo options for home. Both Virgin ($30) and Koodo ($5) have 1 year offers to start before going up to $60 & $20. Although I watch very limited live TV, my initial experience with recording and watching free OTA TV, is it's rather clumsy & with poor recording interface (PlexPass $6/month) , compared to my current FIBE.

What do you folks think?

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)