Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017)

Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2377 posts
1518 upvotes
Pickering, ON
djjungly wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 11:43 am
My contract with bell is expiring in two days, can someone give me rogers associates number?
I am looking for 1gb unlimited and good tv package and home phone with two features, how much should
I be paying?
Entire thread has the offer lol .

Popular TV
Gigabit Internet
1 HD BOX
1 Gigabit Modem
Two Months Free of TMN+HBO
$99.99 + HST/month for 2 years price guaranteed

In addition,

9.99 for a local home phone ($6 for additional features)
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2377 posts
1518 upvotes
Pickering, ON
MarkAnthony wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 10:40 am
Yes, currently Internet is with Rogers as well.
When I asked the representative on the phone she said that all she saw was promotions on the cable service and cable box.

Mind you the Internet my dad has is as ancient as the TV he upgraded from.

Assuming that she was telling me everything the total for the TV offerings above stand accurate.
Yes, you can definitely do better than what the rep offered you. Too pricey in my honest opinion. I suggest calling in and see if they're able to offer you the $99.99 promo.
#WeTheNorth
Mar 14, 2017
1 posts
Toronto, ON
Hey everyone,
We current have the Ignite 250u internet package from Rogers, and we were offered the U63 deal a few days ago. A Rogers technician is coming by next Thursday to install the necessary components. From what I understand, the deal comes with a standard HD Box without PVR functions, or the Navigatr guide. This is going to be a problem for us, because we are heavy PVR function users with our current Bell Satellite TV plan. We called Rogers CS yesterday, and they told us to rent the Nextbox 3.0 with the deal we are getting, it will cost $18 extra a month, which brings our total close to what we're paying Bell and Rogers for TV and Internet right now.

Has anyone had any success waiving the additional charges for a Nextbox? Does anyone have suggestions on what we can do?
Thanks.
Jan 27, 2013
418 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Spent 75 minutes on the phone with Rogers. Bounced back and forth between sales and retentions. They said U63 is expired and no retention promotions that are currently available come close to what U63 offered.

Oh well....
Nov 18, 2012
2 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
Interesting, I just got the U63 promotion yesterday through FB messenger. I just asked about it and they had no issues giving it to me. Previously I had internet only on a two year contract.
I got the gigabit internet, popular TV and HF box for $99.99. They also waived the cancellation fee for my previous contract.
May 1, 2011
355 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Awbowden wrote:
Jan 30th, 2017 12:57 pm
I was offered the 129.36 deal on Sunday.

Originally retentions only offered me the deal for 140ish. So, I told retentions I wanted the U63 deal. They played dumb and said it didn't exist. Then I asked to speak with the manager(had to demand), lady came back and said U63 exists but I wasn't eligible. I said I still want to speak with the manager.

Then after much waiting the manager came on and still said I wasn't eligible for U63, but he could offer me the previous deal for 129.36. So I took it.

Maybe I could've done better if I did the office of the president/ombudsmen route, but I was sick of dealing with them.

This was a renewal, 2yrs.
codered412 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 1:34 pm
Hey everyone,
We current have the Ignite 250u internet package from Rogers, and we were offered the U63 deal a few days ago. A Rogers technician is coming by next Thursday to install the necessary components. From what I understand, the deal comes with a standard HD Box without PVR functions, or the Navigatr guide. This is going to be a problem for us, because we are heavy PVR function users with our current Bell Satellite TV plan. We called Rogers CS yesterday, and they told us to rent the Nextbox 3.0 with the deal we are getting, it will cost $18 extra a month, which brings our total close to what we're paying Bell and Rogers for TV and Internet right now.

Has anyone had any success waiving the additional charges for a Nextbox? Does anyone have suggestions on what we can do?
Thanks.
Take the box to a rogers store and ask them to swap it for one with pvr. Tell them you thought it was part of the deal and when you called in, the csr told you to trade it in at no extra cost instead of having a technician come out.
May 11, 2016
3 posts
Leask
Hey everyone
First time posting and you guys are all amazing so I'm hoping you can help!
I've been with Rogers for 23 years!

And right now all my deals are expired

And I have Rogers INgite 100u (87.99)
Home Phone (50.50)
TV Digita Plus (62.00)
Nextbox (17.50)
Digital Terminal Rental (12.00)
Digital Services Fee (2.99)
ALL TV - Korean (14.95)
ALL TV - K (7.99)
Plus Extra Pack (1.00

And as a grand total of 254,73 :((

I was wondering what was the best deal available, assuming I want to keep unlimited internet, and keep the two korean channels!
Sep 21, 2015
176 posts
74 upvotes
London, ON
DongHyunKim007 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 7:27 pm
And as a grand total of 254,73 :((
Wow that's brutal. People are actually paying that much for phone/tv/internet?? I personally took a close/line item look and switched providers when my monthly cost from bell passed $100/month a few years ago.
May 11, 2016
3 posts
Leask
cleacy1972 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 8:40 pm
Wow that's brutal. People are actually paying that much for phone/tv/internet?? I personally took a close/line item look and switched providers when my monthly cost from bell passed $100/month a few years ago.
yes which is why I dont know what the best course of action is..
Should I just completely switch?
Sep 21, 2015
176 posts
74 upvotes
London, ON
DongHyunKim007 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 8:47 pm
Read the opening post in this thread, and the last few pages. In particular, look for information about the u63 promotion + steps an existing customer might go through to obtain it. You shouldn't need to switch completely, however, I would suggest also taking a look at what prices other providers are charging in your area. Something that really stood out in your prices: $50.50 for a phoneline. Voip phonelines are easy to find at $10 (or less)/month, not to mention most Rogers promotions have phones around $10.
Jul 2, 2007
769 posts
21 upvotes
DongHyunKim007 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 8:47 pm
If you've been with Rogers for 23 years, I think your account has enough clout to ask them for the U63 deal or threaten to cancel. If you've got it, try using FB chat and mentioning that you've been with Rogers for a while and you feel that you are not being rewarded for sticking with them (that new customers are getting the U63 deal and you aren't). You can even tell them you want to cancel your services if they can't get you the deal...
Mar 17, 2004
448 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Here is my latest attempt.

100u
Popular TV
1HDPVR
2 HD boxes
119.98 + tax

Do I pull the trigger?
I love los raptors.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2377 posts
1518 upvotes
Pickering, ON
biggerthanboykins wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:36 am
Here is my latest attempt.

100u
Popular TV
1HDPVR
2 HD boxes
119.98 + tax

Do I pull the trigger?
That's not so bad, actually, considering they're throwing in an HDPVR.

Try one last attempt to get it to Gigabit and see what they say.
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1941 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa
zaidyboy wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 11:14 am
That's not so bad, actually, considering they're throwing in an HDPVR.

Try one last attempt to get it to Gigabit and see what they say.
I agree! See if they can agree to Gigabit at the same price. You know they can do it. ;)
The Rogers whisperer
RFD 15 73H 1337
Jul 2, 2007
769 posts
21 upvotes
Complete sidebar but ... what can I really maximize my gigabit internet with? As in, I was using mega yesterday and getting 11 MB/s which is approx ~100 ish mbps... lol

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)