Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Feb 21, 2014
448 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote: OK, good to know. I'm not sure what I'd be considered, but I suspect a new customer. I have Rogers TV, but just the starter package, and no other Rogers services. Internet is Fido.

I'm on Fido right now, but it's 60/10 service, not 100/10 service. The advantage though is that it's not a discounted price. It's a promo price, but that's just the price. It's not like $30 off $90 or whatever.

My main concern is the price jump after the end of the price guarantee. It's not listed in the first post / thread summary.
Ah my mistake, I thought it was 100.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
EugW wrote: OK, good to know. I'm not sure what I'd be considered, but I suspect a new customer. I have Rogers TV, but just the starter package, and no other Rogers services. Internet is Fido.

I'm on Fido right now, but it's 60/10 service, not 100/10 service. The advantage though is that it's not a discounted price. It's a promo price, but that's just the price. It's not like $30 off $90 or whatever.

My main concern is the price jump after the end of the price guarantee. It's not listed in the first post / thread summary.
Unfortunately, you wouldn't qualify for the $60 NO CONTRACT deal with Rogers. Strictly for new customers only.
Mar 10, 2012
923 posts
549 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: Unfortunately, you wouldn't qualify for the $60 NO CONTRACT deal with Rogers. Strictly for new customers only.
Can you please make up your mind? Teksavvy is offering $63 for ALL customers!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
zaidyboy wrote: Unfortunately, you wouldn't qualify for the $60 NO CONTRACT deal with Rogers. Strictly for new customers only.
OK thanks for the info. It seems U63 is the only viable option then. I will wait until February or March before deciding whether or not to pursue it and hopefully it's still available at that time. (I had seen written a date of at least March 17.)

Or is it possible to book the service to begin mid March for example?
Permah wrote: Can you please make up your mind? Teksavvy is offering $63 for ALL customers!
What's with all the negativity? It seems to me he was quite clear: $60 NO CONTRACT for fully new customers, and $60 with contract for existing customers. That doesn't seem that hard to understand. He also has specified that even having Rogers TV and no Rogers internet means you're an existing customer for the sake of these Rogers internet deals.
Last edited by EugW on Jan 16th, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Permah wrote: Can you please make up your mind? Teksavvy is offering $63 for ALL customers!
So next time you want to share a deal, please CLEARLY state it's for ALL customers. You clearly stated 'new pricing' so it can go both ways. Be more clear so we can avoid situations like this one. Don't jump the gun and call out RFD'ers if you're unsure.
Mar 10, 2012
923 posts
549 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: So next time you want to share a deal, please CLEARLY state it's for ALL customers. You clearly stated 'new pricing' so it can go both ways. Be more clear so we can avoid situations like this one. Don't jump the gun and call out RFD'ers if you're unsure.
Yes, new prices they just released.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
EugW wrote: OK thanks for the info. It seems U63 is the only viable option then. I will wait until February or March before deciding whether or not to pursue it and hopefully it's still available at that time. (I had seen written a date of at least March 17.)

Or is it possible to book the service to begin mid March for example?

What's with all the negativity? It seems to me he was quite clear: $60 NO CONTRACT for fully new customers, and $60 with contract for existing customers. That doesn't seem that hard to understand. He also has specified that even having Rogers TV and no Rogers internet means you're an existing customer for the sake of these Rogers internet deals.
Yes, you can get it booked in advance.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
venividivici wrote:
@aznnorth so you ended up joining the beta testing in the end? LOL

Anyone know what the customer login info for the 4582 is? I can't seem to find anything documenting that.
False. Where did I say i actually joined?? I provided the conditions robbers sent me prior to joining. I did not reply back nor give a confirmation.

Login info was provided on a sheet of paper included with the coda 4582. It's always been the same regardless of modem going back years.

username: cusadmin
password: password
Last edited by aznnorth on Jan 16th, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
New Customers of Rogers can get Ignite 100u for $60, 1 year no Contract
Existing Customers of Rogers (Internet Only Customers) can get Ignite 100u for $60, 2 year contract

Regardless if you go One year or two year the price will be the same or cheaper after both terms.
Lead Generator Rogers Field Sales
Dec 19, 2016
17 posts
8 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: False. Where did I say i actually joined?? I provided the conditions robbers sent me prior to joining. I did not reply back nor give a confirmation.

Login info was provided on a sheet of paper included with the coda 4582. It's always been the same regardless of modem going back years.

Actually the password is the same password as used on the WiFi . It took me some trial and error to figure that out.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1222 posts
293 upvotes
Oshawa
aznnorth wrote:
False. Where did I say i actually joined?? I provided the conditions robbers sent me prior to joining. I did not reply back nor give a confirmation.

I went based off of comment involving FW is all. Wasn't intended to come off as a serious comment (just some lighthearted joshing in case you did flip flop and join the beta testing). I know myself I've said one thing, but then I went the other direction.
User242941 wrote: Actually the password is the same password as used on the WiFi . It took me some trial and error to figure that out.
Yes, I remembered the WiFi password as well in the end. It didn't use to be that way, but this is actually much more convenient for the customer.

ETA: So my new bill came out and sure enough enough as I suspected there is a $249.95+tax unreturned equipment charge. Unreal. If it is not one thing it is another with Rogers. Don't get how the technician could screw up the return of the modem as that was really the only thing he did on the morning of the 10th aside from looking at the cable lines in the basement and at the side of the house leading into the basement.
Jan 16, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
Olkams wrote: New Customers of Rogers can get Ignite 100u for $60, 1 year no Contract
Existing Customers of Rogers (Internet Only Customers) can get Ignite 100u for $60, 2 year contract

Regardless if you go One year or two year the price will be the same or cheaper after both terms.
I apologize if this has already been discussed but how do I go about getting this deal? Thanks for your help!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Cardiovert wrote: I apologize if this has already been discussed but how do I go about getting this deal? Thanks for your help!
Field sales reps
Jan 16, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
Does anyone know if the gigabit deal is available in Hamilton? I've called a couple of times and been told its not available in the Hamilton area. I currently have a pretty good deal just wondering if I can do better ( 250u + old VIP package + the movie network + 2 boxes for $170 - movie network credit - 10 dollar monthly credit via Facebook team - cable box credit. Total monthly bill 135 after tax)
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
Ozyman wrote: Does anyone know if the gigabit deal is available in Hamilton? I've called a couple of times and been told its not available in the Hamilton area. I currently have a pretty good deal just wondering if I can do better ( 250u + old VIP package + the movie network + 2 boxes for $170 - movie network credit - 10 dollar monthly credit via Facebook team - cable box credit. Total monthly bill 135 after tax)
Gigabit (or 500 mbps until gigabit is made available) is everywhere in the Rogers network.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
Ozyman wrote: Does anyone know if the gigabit deal is available in Hamilton? I've called a couple of times and been told its not available in the Hamilton area. I currently have a pretty good deal just wondering if I can do better ( 250u + old VIP package + the movie network + 2 boxes for $170 - movie network credit - 10 dollar monthly credit via Facebook team - cable box credit. Total monthly bill 135 after tax)
You can do better! You just have to be willing to go through the chain... Retentions, Management, Office of the President, Ombudsman. You need to present what you want (using what is currently offered ie.. $99 Gigabit and Popular TV) and see if they can match.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2004
1739 posts
24 upvotes
Hey all, can anyone post what the retention's phone # is? Is that where I would start?
My cable and internet is up for renewal.

Thanks!
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
MonkeyMe wrote: Hey all, can anyone post what the retention's phone # is? Is that where I would start?
My cable and internet is up for renewal.

Thanks!
Call 1888 7643771

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)