Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Apr 2, 2015
184 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ok just called. I cancelled TV service and home phone. I got Ignite U100 on 2 year contract for $64.99 per month plus tax comes out to $73.44. I asked the rep if he could the waive activation fee. He waived the $49.99 service installation fee, however I still had to pay a $14.99 technician fee or something. I would've fought the $14.99 but he also gave me a $100 bill credit, so I was pleased. Then I called Teksavvy to cancel my service on the day of installation. Everything worked out well and relatively painless.

Edit: I've been with Rogers for 26 years.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1326 posts
994 upvotes
Zedem000 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 12:19 am
For the record, I didn't post Feizel's contact info or promote him - I weighed in because of this stupidness about one or the other is just ridiculous. Feizel did give me a better deal and I'm happy to share that deal as you have suggested so that others can compare and do their own research:

I signed up in December for home phone, Internet 60, and cable + hd pvr for $100/month and was given $210 in bill credits (Steve didn't offer me as high a bill credit, I think he offered me only $60, and the Rogers customer service agents were useless and couldn't match either deal).

I signed up my parents this weekend (who live outside the GTA, so Steve could not help me) with Internet 60, TV + hd pvr, home phone and smart home monitoring for $110/month and $110 bill credits.

Hope that helps!
I think the main difference here for me is that this Feizel person actually misleads you into thinking you get something better only from him. He probably sold it to you by saying he was giving you a "higher bill credit", but from what I know and from other people's responses in the past, it's only "higher" because he bakes the waived installation fees etc. into his quoted discounts... when in really it's actually no different.

I just personally don't like it when people do that. My two cents!
REAL ESTATE. INVESTMENT CONDOS (YSL). RESALE.
Real Estate Sales Representative
Richmond Hill & GTA
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1326 posts
994 upvotes
RobinHou wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:16 pm
The $10 home phone promotion is available. Just called in and got the details:
1. $9.99/month, unlimited local call, no feature, price good for 2 years.
2. $14.99/month, unlimited local call, 2 features, price good for 2 years.

I think it only applies to existing customers.
Can anyone confirm if this is for existing customers, new customers, or all?
REAL ESTATE. INVESTMENT CONDOS (YSL). RESALE.
Real Estate Sales Representative
Richmond Hill & GTA
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
danyo wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 1:50 pm
Can anyone confirm if this is for existing customers, new customers, or all?
Only for existing customers.
It will be $20/month if you need 6 features.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2731 posts
824 upvotes
Toronto
hockey9898 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 9:26 am
I currently have 30% off cable with free hdpvr ending march 15. You guys think I should lock something up before feb. 24 when the price increases or wait for the new pricing/ discounts beginning of march? Thanks
I am in the same boat as you.

Mine ends March 16th. I put in my cancellation as they weren't able to give me 30% off anymore. Hoping for a call back, but I think it's unlikely. :*(
Oct 13, 2001
517 posts
41 upvotes
Fredericton
Would it not have been easier to contact Steve to have the billing corrected?

dragonflower77 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 12:12 am
Just got hooked up with ignite 100u on Feb 13 as a new customer through Steve at $69.99 on 2 yrs contract. As usual, Rogers goofed up the bill.

Good thing I used the live chat the same day it was hooked up. They added a TechXpert service at $14.99 monthly. Had them remove it. The next day, I got the online bill and was charged a $14.95 activation fee. Had to contact live chat again and fight to get the activation fee credited. The guy kept insisting it was a valid fee and that there was no note saying it was waived. He said the $20 credit was to cover the activation fee of which I said no it wasn't and was a separate credit. He eventually let up and said he would do a one time adjustment for me. Just check your credits and bill, people! Now, I gotta wait for the second bill and hope they don't charge any installation fee. The CSR said those credits appear on the second bill. This is what I hated about Rogers when I was with them. Had to call in yearly for credits and not being credited properly.

Sigh, I see postings about some new customers getting 25% off ignite 100 as a special this weekend. Man, wish I could get those credits, but since I'm already hooked up, I guess it's too late. :(
Nov 27, 2015
22 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
danyo wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 1:48 pm
He probably sold it to you by saying he was giving you a "higher bill credit", but from what I know and from other people's responses in the past, it's only "higher" because he bakes the waived installation fees etc. into his quoted discounts... when in really it's actually no different.

I just personally don't like it when people do that. My two cents!
No, Feizel didn't bake the waved installation fees. I'm not stupid and nor are others around here. I actually got the FULL bill credit AND I didn't pay installation etc.

You're the person that started this thread with promoting Steve so it's not surprising that you'll take this angle... Funny, yet another post to redirect it back to him. But hey, it's quite possible that there are better deals out there.
Jul 24, 2012
75 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
marcsterr wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 2:11 pm

Mine ends March 16th. I put in my cancellation as they weren't able to give me 30% off anymore. Hoping for a call back, but I think it's unlikely. :*(
Oh ok. What did they offer $20 off and free hdpvr?
Apr 22, 2010
231 posts
129 upvotes
Markham
I had a 30% TV discount too. Today I was told that I could get a $15 discount only if I changed my internet too (which I don't want to do). Should I set a cancellation date or are call-backs non-existent now?
hockey9898 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 4:45 pm
marcsterr wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 2:11 pm

hockey9898 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 9:26 am
I currently have 30% off cable with free hdpvr ending march 15. You guys think I should lock something up before feb. 24 when the price increases or wait for the new pricing/ discounts beginning of march? Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2731 posts
824 upvotes
Toronto
hockey9898 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 4:45 pm
Yup.

They said they don't have percentage based discounts anymore? I don't know whether that will change come March if/when new promotions roll in?
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1789 posts
110 upvotes
Southern ontario
i am NOT looking forward to renewal time in april after reading all this new business model rogers have.
Jan 4, 2014
548 posts
66 upvotes
Dragon Reborn wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 5:31 pm
I had a 30% TV discount too. Today I was told that I could get a $15 discount only if I changed my internet too (which I don't want to do). Should I set a cancellation date or are call-backs non-existent now?
You should still get a call from the "ambassador department" but it's not a guarantee and $15-20 for cable seems to be the norm now. They are probably pushing you to get onto the Ignite 100 aren't they?
Jan 4, 2014
548 posts
66 upvotes
marcsterr wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 5:50 pm
Yup.

They said they don't have percentage based discounts anymore? I don't know whether that will change come March if/when new promotions roll in?
Yes, percentage based discounts have been out for a few months now. It's a fixed discount which is worse.
Dec 16, 2007
548 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
I used the live chat the same day it was installed and the CSR was able to see my amount. When he told me the total, I asked him why it was so high and he was able to see that they added the TechXPert charged in addition to the $69.99 but he didn't mention the activation fee.
wanchope wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 9:29 am
I only have 100u and just locked it in at 59.99 for 2 years. Just noted the account balance on MyRogers is $153.78.... Call them and they said the details are not available till after 23rd, when the cycle closes. I'll see. This type of things with Robbers is really annoying!
I noticed the activation fee on Sunday evening when my first online bill was generated so I used the live chat - I usually like to get things fixed immediately and didn't think Steve took care of billing or that he works during weekends. Just my impatience, I supposed, plus I don't have the time to call during work hours at work.
dirk wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 2:43 pm
Would it not have been easier to contact Steve to have the billing corrected?
Apr 22, 2010
231 posts
129 upvotes
Markham
tiredofrogers wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 7:07 pm
You should still get a call from the "ambassador department" but it's not a guarantee and $15-20 for cable seems to be the norm now. They are probably pushing you to get onto the Ignite 100 aren't they?
The actual internet plan wasn't mentioned (and I didn't ask because I have no intention of giving up my W45 plan).

Re: ambassador department. Thanks for the info ... I'll call them again tomorrow.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)