Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Jan 4, 2014
548 posts
66 upvotes
Dragon Reborn wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 9:13 pm
The actual internet plan wasn't mentioned (and I didn't ask because I have no intention of giving up my W45 plan).

Re: ambassador department. Thanks for the info ... I'll call them again tomorrow.
Don't think you can call them....this "Ambassador Department" has replaced the winback department. For them to give you the best possible discounts which is $25 off both services right now they would have to call you.

Funny thing is....I gave up my W45 last month for unlimited Ignite 100 but I also did cancel cable so I was going to need more data and I have not missed cable so far with Netflix, sports streams and downloads.
Jul 24, 2012
82 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
marcsterr wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 5:50 pm
Yup.

They said they don't have percentage based discounts anymore? I don't know whether that will change come March if/when new promotions roll in?
I'm going to give them a call today and if they don't offer anything good I'm just going to cancel TV and see if they call back. I also have home phone and internet from them
Dec 15, 2012
150 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Zedem000 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 4:18 pm
No, Feizel didn't bake the waved installation fees. I'm not stupid and nor are others around here. I actually got the FULL bill credit AND I didn't pay installation etc.

You're the person that started this thread with promoting Steve so it's not surprising that you'll take this angle... Funny, yet another post to redirect it back to him. But hey, it's quite possible that there are better deals out there.
I dealt with Feizel, and he was helpful.
Dec 9, 2014
89 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
It's been 4 great years with Rogers.
-Digital VIP with the movie network
-1 PVR (I own another)
-fiber 60 internet with 125 GB
$116 taxes in.

I have faught off the increases for 4 years and now they are telling me there is nothing they can do. I called Zara at bell and she fixed me right up. Good bye Rogers.
Sep 13, 2012
861 posts
437 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
RobinHou wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:16 pm
The $10 home phone promotion is available. Just called in and got the details:
1. $9.99/month, unlimited local call, no feature, price good for 2 years.
2. $14.99/month, unlimited local call, 2 features, price good for 2 years.

I think it only applies to existing customers.
Was this part of an existing bundle deal?
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
100Pacer wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 9:31 am
Was this part of an existing bundle deal?
No, it's not a bundle deal. You can get it if you have any one or more Rogers services.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1326 posts
999 upvotes
Zedem000 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 4:18 pm
No, Feizel didn't bake the waved installation fees. I'm not stupid and nor are others around here. I actually got the FULL bill credit AND I didn't pay installation etc.

You're the person that started this thread with promoting Steve so it's not surprising that you'll take this angle... Funny, yet another post to redirect it back to him. But hey, it's quite possible that there are better deals out there.
Others don't pay installation here either and the bill credits add up to be the same, AFAIK he just quotes it differently. I've actually asked for clarification if you go back enough in this thread and am basing this off of the responses I got from other RFDers, so don't shoot the messenger. I'm just trying to help here.
REAL ESTATE. INVESTMENT CONDOS (YSL). RESALE.
Real Estate Sales Representative
Richmond Hill & GTA
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1326 posts
999 upvotes
RobinHou wrote:
Feb 16th, 2016 1:57 pm
Only for existing customers.
It will be $20/month if you need 6 features.
Thanks Robin! :)
REAL ESTATE. INVESTMENT CONDOS (YSL). RESALE.
Real Estate Sales Representative
Richmond Hill & GTA
Jul 24, 2012
82 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
What a joke. They offered $15 off cable with free hdpvr. I cancelled
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2755 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
hockey9898 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 10:24 am
What a joke. They offered $15 off cable with free hdpvr. I cancelled
My cancellation for cable takes into effect mid March.

I've kept my cell phone and internet.

I looked into VMedia however in order to get their tv service, you also need their internet service. I'm not too sure how reliable their services are either. I currently have the 30/5 300GB for $45 price protected for 8 years so I really don't want to change my internet plan unless it's a great deal.
Nov 27, 2015
22 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
danyo wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 9:58 am
Others don't pay installation here either and the bill credits add up to be the same, AFAIK he just quotes it differently. I've actually asked for clarification if you go back enough in this thread and am basing this off of the responses I got from other RFDers, so don't shoot the messenger. I'm just trying to help here.
Like I said, I didn't pay any additional fees AND I got the bill credits - I'm quite capable in reading my bill. The additional bill credit was applied in the second month.
Jul 24, 2012
82 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
marcsterr wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 10:58 am
My cancellation for cable takes into effect mid March.

I've kept my cell phone and internet.

I looked into VMedia however in order to get their tv service, you also need their internet service. I'm not too sure how reliable their services are either. I currently have the 30/5 300GB for $45 price protected for 8 years so I really don't want to change my internet plan unless it's a great deal.
Oh ok. Same here, I have a similar deal for internet the W35 which I don't want to give up either. Not sure if we can contact the ambassador department...might be worth a shot
Oct 6, 2008
388 posts
99 upvotes
bolton, ont
Zedem000 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 12:40 pm
Like I said, I didn't pay any additional fees AND I got the bill credits - I'm quite capable in reading my bill. The additional bill credit was applied in the second month.
agreed , its just the way rogers does it, get billed full price now but you must wait for next bill cycle to get discounts applied as credits
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3333 posts
1225 upvotes
Toronto
tiredofrogers wrote:
Jan 9th, 2016 5:13 pm
Yes, a lot of us here get different plans.

Yes, the best deal right now is $59.99 for 100u on a 2 year term. People always get different deals based on the agent you get and how much you are sometimes willing to negotiate. A 2 year contract is what I would prefer anyway since this is unlimited internet for a pretty good speed as long as you can get that speed in your home lol. You don't have to worry about renewing for a while and this is price protected or so they say for now.

As for your other questions it should definitely include a free rental. I was not offered Shomi and NHL Gamecenter but a lot of people are so you should definitely ask.

They don't usually email service agreements though maybe someone else can help with that but a reference number for the record of the call should be enough. And it should be price protected for 2 years. Be prepared to fight for it though. Rogers has done this before with one of their more popular internet packages W45 and then increased the price 6 months later. But they did roll back the increase for most who complained or even went to CCTS.

Good luck.
Thanks for your help. Got it set up and it's working nicely. 59.99/2yr for 100u. All ignite 100u and 250u include 2 years of shomi and 2015-2016 nhl gamecentre. You have to sign up for shomi at shomi.rogers.com with your MyRogers account.

However shomi is not working for me right now? Anyone else have problems with it?
Oct 6, 2008
388 posts
99 upvotes
bolton, ont
Troy_McClure wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 4:51 pm
Thanks for your help. Got it set up and it's working nicely. 59.99/2yr for 100u. All ignite 100u and 250u include 2 years of shomi and 2015-2016 nhl gamecentre. You have to sign up for shomi at shomi.rogers.com with your MyRogers account.

However shomi is not working for me right now? Anyone else have problems with it?
did u use the steve number to call or rogers directly, if rogers which rogers number.
are u a new customer.
any extra charges like activation and/or install fees.
how long from calling them to get service installed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)