Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Mar 30, 2013
36 posts
1 upvote
sexyblackbmw wrote:
Mar 15th, 2016 3:55 am
So I take it no one got their 1 year NO CONTRACT $47.50/month including modem rental 250U internet package discount renewed? LOL Rogers out smarted us all. Made us switch from the W45 Guaranteed price for 7 years to the 250U for pretty much the same price.... Then off the discount wagon we go....you know people who took the 100U got it for $42.50/month for the past year.... big difference to $65/month or $60/ month and having to sign a contract....
My 250u $47.5/month is expiring in june. I will try my luck that time :)
Mar 23, 2006
958 posts
183 upvotes
canabiz wrote:
Mar 19th, 2016 5:50 pm
Wondering if there is any deal for Rogers Ignite 30 or Ignite 60? I was a Rogers Internet customer for a long time but moved to Teksavvy a number of years ago. I still have 2 Rogers wireless accounts.

Thanks.
$40 for 30 mbs / 125 gig cap with free rental modem
2 year contract
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2009
1075 posts
572 upvotes
Called regular rogers line and was offered Ignite 100u, cable TV Plus, and home phone, with 3 features and Canadian calling for $177 tax in.

Next day, called ambassador line, told them I wasn't really happy about that, was offered Ignite 100u, VIP cable, home phone with free north American calling, and upgrade to PVR for $157 tax in.

In both cases, also get shomi and NHL center ice.

The $157 sounds pretty reasonable.

Was pretty happy because I was previously paying more and had a defunct internet plan with 80 gig limit. Also have never had PVR before. So I got upgraded services for less money. Hard to not be happy with that.

Edit - Looking back, maybe it was 500 minutes North American calling. It sounds like I got the same deal as was mentioned by Cdwalkman yesterday.
Oct 13, 2007
94 posts
28 upvotes
Moving into a newly constructed home next week.

Are there any Rogers promotions for new builds? I've heard of the 6 months free offer in the past.. not sure what the current promos are. Currently have Ignite 100u at 60$ plus taxes. Have put in a request for moving the services to the new location through the concierge..
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9827 posts
2968 upvotes
Ottawa
fastmiele wrote:
Mar 20th, 2016 1:50 am
$40 for 30 mbs / 125 gig cap with free rental modem
2 year contract
That may actually do it for us. I looked at my recent usage with Teksavvy and we averaged about 73GB/month in the past 12 months for a good sample size.

I did call Feizel in the GTA (his name is mentioned sporadically throughout this thread and other Rogers threads) yesterday and it is $44.99/month for Rogers Ignite 30, if I were to sign up with him, all activation and installation fees waived.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1185 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
My credit for 50% off on 250u internet is expiring in the beginning of April. Can I call retentions before cancellation and ask if they can extend my discount? Or cancel and then call?
Feb 21, 2014
422 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
awaisuk wrote:
Mar 20th, 2016 3:13 pm
My credit for 50% off on 250u internet is expiring in the beginning of April. Can I call retentions before cancellation and ask if they can extend my discount? Or cancel and then call?
Yeah just threaten to cancel and say Bell has fibe in your area they will renew your deal. Worked for me.
Nov 23, 2012
254 posts
49 upvotes
pagefaultca wrote:
Mar 20th, 2016 4:30 pm
Yeah just threaten to cancel and say Bell has fibe in your area they will renew your deal. Worked for me.
You got 50% off Internet again? Do you have any other services?
Feb 21, 2014
422 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
No other services, I don't know if it's just ht rep I talked to or I am good at talking but that's what I got. I guess YMMV. I just set a cancellation date 10 days in the future and the rep went on hold for about 10 minutes and came back with the same deal I had before.
Nov 23, 2012
254 posts
49 upvotes
pagefaultca wrote:
Mar 20th, 2016 5:19 pm
No other services, I don't know if it's just ht rep I talked to or I am good at talking but that's what I got. I guess YMMV. I just set a cancellation date 10 days in the future and the rep went on hold for about 10 minutes and came back with the same deal I had before.
Congrats! Unfortunately for me my $65 2 year term has already kicked in.Oh well mabey next time for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1185 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
pagefaultca wrote:
Mar 20th, 2016 5:19 pm
so you cancelled, and then called retention number? or ambassador number?
Nov 8, 2011
5 posts
Mississauga
I am new with negotiating deals so I could use some input.

I am getting : Cable Plus package + Ignite 60 for $117 (tax included) for a 2yr contract.

Does this sound like a good deal or can it be better?

For reference: this is in the GTA area
Mar 23, 2006
958 posts
183 upvotes
I did a quick calculation and it seems like about right. 30 percent discount is good as you going to get. The only real thing you can get is free pvr rental or some bonus channels thrown in. I guess you can call in and try again, since you have to call in anyways to accept their offer. Just keep in mind that if it doesn't work in the first 10 minutes I would just accept the first offer. The longer you stay on the more they try to sell you on something else (bundling).....
Mar 23, 2006
958 posts
183 upvotes
canabiz wrote:
Mar 20th, 2016 9:32 am
That may actually do it for us. I looked at my recent usage with Teksavvy and we averaged about 73GB/month in the past 12 months for a good sample size.

I did call Feizel in the GTA (his name is mentioned sporadically throughout this thread and other Rogers threads) yesterday and it is $44.99/month for Rogers Ignite 30, if I were to sign up with him, all activation and installation fees waived.
I called "Steve's Deal" for a friend and got the same numbers as you. $65 for Ignite100, and then you keep subtracting $10 for each package lower. Everyone is going to have different needs and opinions on what is right. If you don't stream a lot/play games online then Ignite 30 is good enough. You can even go to Ignite 15 for $30 but the usage cap is only 50 gig with a surcharge of $2.50 for each gig over.

In all cases, I believe a free rental modem is included with the 2 year contract.
Either way, I would not accept activation and installation fees. I understand there are costs but competitors are waiving them too so if they want my business they have to make it worth my while. In your case, it doesn`t sound like you had a bad deal from Teksavvy. I just left them, nothing bad about them but I got a better offer from Rogers.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9827 posts
2968 upvotes
Ottawa
fastmiele wrote:
Mar 20th, 2016 8:21 pm
I called "Steve's Deal" for a friend and got the same numbers as you. $65 for Ignite100, and then you keep subtracting $10 for each package lower. Everyone is going to have different needs and opinions on what is right. If you don't stream a lot/play games online then Ignite 30 is good enough. You can even go to Ignite 15 for $30 but the usage cap is only 50 gig with a surcharge of $2.50 for each gig over.

In all cases, I believe a free rental modem is included with the 2 year contract.
Either way, I would not accept activation and installation fees. I understand there are costs but competitors are waiving them too so if they want my business they have to make it worth my while. In your case, it doesn`t sound like you had a bad deal from Teksavvy. I just left them, nothing bad about them but I got a better offer from Rogers.
Thanks. I'll call Steve tomorrow and see if he has anything different than Feizel. I checked Rogers website and Ignite 30 is $39.99 for the first 3 months and $67.98 after. Thanks but I am not going to pay that much.

Yes I have been pretty happy with Teksavvy until recently when they increased the price and there has also been a fair bit of sporadic Internet outages. Too bad there is no customer retention at Teksavvy...I am guessing they have lost quite a bit of customers to other providers lately.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)