Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Dec 26, 2015
480 posts
398 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Kfox wrote: Existing cable/internet/home phone customer. Rogers chat (rogers website) offered me 150u + Select TV for $95+tax ( no box, I already own HDPVR) Can I do better?
Yeah you can the speed should be 500 mbps and take about 12 dollars out if you have a box. You should also be getting 15 dollars of for a multiproduct rebate. So yes you can do better. I usually bring up the fact that i don't want to leave but you are asking me to leave especially with cable rogers is very touchy these days no reason you should not get a better deal.

I am also waiting for IPTV. I am assuming the introduction would be cheaper not sure if they will screw things up like bell fibe. first year 80 dollars/month and then 200 dollars.
Nov 23, 2012
315 posts
81 upvotes
Kfox wrote: I wonder if this would be a good time to cut the cord on cable for 3 months, sell the HDPVR I own and then sign up for IPTV in March as a "new customer"with the expectation that there will be promo prices offered
Fido is offering 75mbps unlimited free for 3 months. Jump back to Rogers and get the new customer loyalty promotions when the Fido deal expires!
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
newgame99 wrote: Maybe IPTV will make things cheaper? Not really sure how it will work - works like Bell, streamed over internet?
Yea, that's what straitforward logic dictates... IPTV is a TV over the Internet, by definition...
But who know how Robbers will twist this idea.. I'm almost sure a Cable price increase is coming .. :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Tichi wrote: Yea, that's what straitforward logic dictates... IPTV is a TV over the Internet, by definition...
But who know how Robbers will twist this idea.. I'm almost sure a Cable price increase is coming .. :)
It's going to really suck if they do. It already sucks that they've discontinued the VIP and Digital Plus TV packs and then increased pricing on the new channel packages.

I just picked up Amazon FireStick and hoping I get some consistent feeds.
Jun 9, 2007
7 posts
1 upvote
Was on a grandfathered TV package (extra lifestyle) + TMN/HBO + 2 boxes (1 HDPVR and 1 regular 4k box) and had Ignite 30 with 125 gb download every month for $131 tax in.

Just managed to get Premier + Ignite 500u +TMN/HBO + 2 boxes for $138 tax in.

How did I do!?
Dec 23, 2008
915 posts
121 upvotes
Guelph
akiberg wrote: Was on a grandfathered TV package (extra lifestyle) + TMN/HBO + 2 boxes (1 HDPVR and 1 regular 4k box) and had Ignite 30 with 125 gb download every month for $131 tax in.

How did I do!?
Not bad - did you call in?
May 5, 2013
68 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga
I tried last night on retentions . We are on $45 a month for Ignite 30. The best they would offer was Popular TV + Ignite 500 for $105 + tax including PVR. Was not in the "postal code" for the Gigabit with popular TV for $99 according to a field rep.
Ended up going with Gigabit for $74.99 per month via live chat. We don't watch TV that much currently and opted for faster internet speeds. Too tiring to keep trying - not looking forward to doing this in a year...
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1457 posts
2840 upvotes
Scarborough
akiberg wrote: Was on a grandfathered TV package (extra lifestyle) + TMN/HBO + 2 boxes (1 HDPVR and 1 regular 4k box) and had Ignite 30 with 125 gb download every month for $131 tax in.

How did I do!?
Looks good to me, I'm looking for something very similar! Did you have to agree to a 1 or 2 year contract for that price?

I currently have Ignite 100u internet & VIP TV package, 1 HDPVR for around $130 tax in and my promos expire in a month or so. Looking to get a package just like yours!
RFD Member # 3476!
Jun 9, 2007
7 posts
1 upvote
newgame99 wrote: Not bad - did you call in?
Yes I called in to the regular number 1-888-rogers1. Told them I wanted to cancel effective the date my 2 year deal was set to expire because Bell offered me something better. I was transferred to retentions where I was lucky to get someone who was nice. She told me she would see what she could offer. Originally she offered me 150u+popular for 148 all in. I told her I was excited by what she was offering me but that budget was a big concern and because Bell offered me a better package I would be switching to them. Finally she asked me what I was offered and I told her they were offering me faster internet + comparable tv + home phone for $99 on a 24 month term. She asked if I was offered this when I called in or whether it was from someone in field sales. I said it was a field sales agent who offered it to me and then she said give me a few minutes I will check if we have field agents in your postal code. She came back and told me that they did and then proceeded to offer me 500u + popular+TMN/HBO+the 2 boxes for $124 a month. I was so happy and took it without hesitation. I then decided I wanted premier and ended up upgrading to come to $138 a month all in.
Jun 9, 2007
7 posts
1 upvote
freebie wrote: Looks good to me, I'm looking for something very similar! Did you have to agree to a 1 or 2 year contract for that price?

I currently have Ignite 100u internet & VIP TV package, 1 HDPVR for around $130 tax in and my promos expire in a month or so. Looking to get a package just like yours!
No contract, the price is good for 12 months.
Sep 19, 2009
6 posts
Mississauga
Did you get your deal through Facebook or phone?

I am on grandfathered VIP + Ignite 30 + Home phone (Basic) .. no boxes and I am paying $150 tax in.

Contract expires this month and your deal sounds great.
Jun 9, 2007
7 posts
1 upvote
golftime wrote: Did you get your deal through Facebook or phone?

I am on grandfathered VIP + Ignite 30 + Home phone (Basic) .. no boxes and I am paying $150 tax in.

Contract expires this month and your deal sounds great.
See above. I called in. The only way you will get a deal is if you give up your VIP. Rogers wants you on the popular or premier package. If you switch to premier you can probably get better internet and pay a lower monthly cost.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: It's going to really suck if they do. It already sucks that they've discontinued the VIP and Digital Plus TV packs and then increased pricing on the new channel packages.

I just picked up Amazon FireStick and hoping I get some consistent feeds.
Agree ;). I'm definitely gonna drop all the Cable stuff, if I will not obtain a n equal or lesser price deal to what a have now (i.e. 100U+ / VIP for $100 or less).
With all modern streaming options, it just does not make sense anymore to stick to any Cable TV (or even to its evil mutations like "Rogers IPTV " :) )
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
akiberg wrote: See above. I called in. The only way you will get a deal is if you give up your VIP. Rogers wants you on the popular or premier package. If you switch to premier you can probably get better internet and pay a lower monthly cost.
Not true, some are still able to keep it. It will take multiple tries.
Dec 19, 2004
251 posts
22 upvotes
Hey all,

I'm on a $45 30mbps plan with a 300GB limit. I'm looking to upgrade to an unlmited plan. It would be nice to have faster speeds but I really just want one with unlimited. What's the best plan out there for me? On the first page I saw 60mbps/unlmited for $50. Is that for new customers only and has anyone gotten this plan?

I tried the chat and they kept saying 150u for $69.99 is the best they can offer me for unlimited.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
croyd wrote: Hey all,

I'm on a $45 30mbps plan with a 300GB limit. I'm looking to upgrade to an unlmited plan. It would be nice to have faster speeds but I really just want one with unlimited. What's the best plan out there for me? On the first page I saw 60mbps/unlmited for $50. Is that for new customers only and has anyone gotten this plan?

I tried the chat and they kept saying 150u for $69.99 is the best they can offer me for unlimited.

Thanks!
You can get 500U for the same price instead of 150U
I love RFD! :)
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
Kfox wrote: Existing cable/internet/home phone customer. Rogers chat (rogers website) offered me 150u + Select TV for $95+tax ( no box, I already own HDPVR) Can I do better?
zaidyboy wrote: you can do much better. Go through Rogers FB page
I haggled it down to $85 month ( 150u $55 month, Select TV $30 month) I'm happy with that
Last edited by Kfox on Dec 10th, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 20, 2006
207 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
I’m currently paying $80 for 100u and basic cable and my 2 year term ends in March. I don’t need the cable, so can I negotiate for the 150u for $30 (or something similar) now?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
C-Bacon wrote: I’m currently paying $80 for 100u and basic cable and my 2 year term ends in March. I don’t need the cable, so can I negotiate for the 150u for $30 (or something similar) now?
If you just have Internet I doubt you'll do better than $60 month for 150u

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

lapdog, Steveei