Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2012
2833 posts
854 upvotes
I am interested in the Gigabit Internet + TV bundle @ $99/month. Am I correct that the TV package included is the "Popular" 130+ channels? It notes included rental of one HDPVR. Does this mean I can only watch on that one TV? The website notes inclusion of 4 cable outlets, what does that mean exactly?

Also, what is the difference between the U61 and U63 deal? Is it only a 1 vs 2 year term contract?

Thanks
Jan 2, 2014
567 posts
193 upvotes
VIIVIIIXIII wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 10:05 am
I am interested in the Gigabit Internet + TV bundle @ $99/month. Am I correct that the TV package included is the "Popular" 130+ channels? It notes included rental of one HDPVR. Does this mean I can only watch on that one TV? The website notes inclusion of 4 cable outlets, what does that mean exactly?

Also, what is the difference between the U61 and U63 deal? Is it only a 1 vs 2 year term contract?

Thanks
Outlets are where the boxes plug into, like your electrical outlet. You still need a lamp to go into the outlet to get light.

Extra boxes are $5 a month for a HD box. not sure about hdpvr boxes
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2012
2833 posts
854 upvotes
the11thdoctor wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 10:07 am
VIIVIIIXIII wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks
Outlets are where the boxes plug into, like your electrical outlet. You still need a lamp to go into the outlet to get light.

Extra boxes are $5 a month for a HD box. not sure about hdpvr boxes
Got it. So if I wanted to have 4 TVs connected, I would have to rent an additional 3 HD boxes. So an extra $15/month.
Jan 2, 2014
567 posts
193 upvotes
VIIVIIIXIII wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 10:12 am
Got it. So if I wanted to have 4 TVs connected, I would have to rent an additional 3 HD boxes. So an extra $15/month.
Correct, unfortunately they don't have wireless boxes like Bell, I have two TVs and just decided on a second box since my girlfriend sometimes complains that she wants to watch W channel and I'm watching sports all day.......
Sep 26, 2008
40 posts
3 upvotes
Is it possible for me to get the U63 deal? I have cable Internet and TV. My Internet is on a 2 year term, but my TV is month to month. Can I cancel the TV so I only have one service and then get this deal?
Aug 14, 2014
536 posts
266 upvotes
Jellosnake wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 10:40 am
Is it possible for me to get the U63 deal? I have cable Internet and TV. My Internet is on a 2 year term, but my TV is month to month. Can I cancel the TV so I only have one service and then get this deal?
Back at start of September I had cancelled my Tv in august (cancelled aug 17? and only had internet for ~2 weeks, and managed to get it. However that was a while ago and things may have changed. Also be careful since U63 expires Nov 16 now I think (but its been extended a few times) so make sure you get it down asap if you want it.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2012
1212 posts
426 upvotes
GTA
the11thdoctor wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 10:14 am
VIIVIIIXIII wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 10:12 am
Correct, unfortunately they don't have wireless boxes like Bell, I have two TVs and just decided on a second box since my girlfriend sometimes complains that she wants to watch W channel and I'm watching sports all day.......
Sunday Morning..
Will & Grace vs F1 Face With Tears Of Joy
Oct 30, 2016
41 posts
9 upvotes
Spoke with probably 6 different customer relation reps over the past few days and even escalated my case to management and in no way am i getting the U63 deal (Existing customer).
Management eventually mentioned that they only released the U63 promo to compete with bell which was offering something similar first. He also mentioned that they only give U63 to "certain zones". Later he mentioned that by certain zones he meant anywhere that Bell Gigabit is available and sadly since Bell is much less developed than Rogers Bell doesn't have Gigabit at my location. he stated afterward that this deal or something will be given to people by reaching out to them as each area slowly built up by Bell just to compete with them.
May 16, 2015
811 posts
177 upvotes
York, ON
Kane29 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 12:12 pm
Spoke with probably 6 different customer relation reps over the past few days and even escalated my case to management and in no way am i getting the U63 deal (Existing customer).
Management eventually mentioned that they only released the U63 promo to compete with bell which was offering something similar first. He also mentioned that they only give U63 to "certain zones". Later he mentioned that by certain zones he meant anywhere that Bell Gigabit is available and sadly since Bell is much less developed than Rogers Bell doesn't have Gigabit at my location. he stated afterward that this deal or something will be given to people by reaching out to them as each area slowly built up by Bell just to compete with them.
My area doesn't even have gigabit for bell(etobicoke) but I was able to get the Rogers gigabit which was available in my area
Aug 22, 2007
763 posts
113 upvotes
Markham
chimaican wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 9:57 am
Anyone in Markham on the 'popular' tv plan can confirm if Fairchild TV (ch36) is in the television line up? I need it for my mother-in-law. Would like to know before I start my retentions discussions.
Cant help for markham but for Scarborough it wasn't. it's extra $17 a month for the Cantonese super pack.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
9206 posts
5515 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
xdragus wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 12:30 pm
chimaican wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 9:57 am
Anyone in Markham on the 'popular' tv plan can confirm if Fairchild TV (ch36) is in the television line up? I need it for my mother-in-law. Would like to know before I start my retentions discussions.
Cant help for markham but for Scarborough it wasn't. it's extra $17 a month for the Cantonese super pack.
So Rogers is no-longer grandfathering the channel in the area Smiling Face With Horns
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
9206 posts
5515 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
People with u61/u63 deals, are they also giving the equipment rental for free?

I'm currently getting modem, HDPVR (nb2), and HD box rentals for free along with my 20/25% discounts.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Oct 30, 2016
41 posts
9 upvotes
bigmac22 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 12:27 pm
Kane29 wrote:
My area doesn't even have gigabit for bell(etobicoke) but I was able to get the Rogers gigabit which was available in my area
Yes i can get the Gigabit, just not for the U63 price.
What do you pay for yours?
May 16, 2015
811 posts
177 upvotes
York, ON
Kane29 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 12:42 pm
bigmac22 wrote:
Kane29 wrote:
Popular TV and gigabit + pvr for 99.99. Zaidyboy hooked me up a few weeks ago. I'm a new customer though
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2010 posts
297 upvotes
Ottawa
Kane29 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 12:42 pm
bigmac22 wrote:
Kane29 wrote:
I just do not think people bother reading back...

Existing customers can get u63, you just need to be ready to put up a fight:

1. Call Rogers Retentions. Yes, you will ultimately fail at this point, but the purpose is to open the conversation and get an Interaction ID number. If you luck out and get it offered to you, awesome. If not, proceed to step 2:
2. Visit https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.porta ... reAConcern and open a request to communicate with Rogers Management. This will take a bit more time because they will either call your or e-mail you. Regardless, you will need to make your case. Odds are, again, you will fail. If you fail, you need to request to have your concern raised to the Office of the President. Proceed to step 3.
3. Profit - communicating with the Office of the President will likely take place through e-mail (or they might call). Through e-mail, it will take a while to come to a conclusion (took me a week). This Office does have the authority to offer you the plan. Be kind and courteous, but but firm about the knowledge of the fact they have the authority.
RFD 15 73H 1337

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)