Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Jun 19, 2010
242 posts
47 upvotes
rexplosive wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:54 am
How did you get this offer?
Are you a new customer or they were able to update your existing?
Existing customer. Told them I'm a student and that's what they offered me. Turns out they misquoted though and it's actually $85/mo, but they gave me a $50 credit to make up for it.
Dec 26, 2013
111 posts
80 upvotes
Cambridge
Current Deal - (Existing Customer 10 yrs +) 150u internet + popular tv + home phone + HD PVR Box = $99.99 = $113 all in.

I called in at the beginning of the month mentioning I wanted the 150u + select TV bundle. I was offered this through sales, not retention. I simply called and told them what I wanted and asked to speak with someone if they could not get me this offer. This is only offered to new customers but after some persistance I get them to give it to me for 2 years fixed price. I went to pick up cable box, and they would not give me the offer in store. Called in, they added in the HD PVR Box and upgraded modem for free for not being able to give me the deal I was offered ( 2 year price guarantee).

Today, rogers was in the neighbourhood offering the same package I have (minus the HD PVR, and upgraded modem) BUT with Popular TV for 99.99 for 1 year..

Called retentions and asked for the popular tv to be added for free to my subscription, after a few waits on hold the rep came back and gave me the credit for the difference in price for the length of the promotion (1 year)..

Not a bad deal at all (150u + Popular TV + Home Phone + HD PVR + Upgraded Modem) for $99.99/month for 1 year.
$60/10GB - Koodo
$70 Huawei P20 - Koodo
$24.99 500U Internet - Rogers
Apr 30, 2012
240 posts
134 upvotes
North York
ADMartin wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 10:11 pm
Current Deal - (Existing Customer 10 yrs +) 150u internet + popular tv + home phone + HD PVR Box = $99.99 = $113 all in.

I called in at the beginning of the month mentioning I wanted the 150u + select TV bundle. I was offered this through sales, not retention. I simply called and told them what I wanted and asked to speak with someone if they could not get me this offer. This is only offered to new customers but after some persistance I get them to give it to me for 2 years fixed price. I went to pick up cable box, and they would not give me the offer in store. Called in, they added in the HD PVR Box and upgraded modem for free for not being able to give me the deal I was offered ( 2 year price guarantee).

Today, rogers was in the neighbourhood offering the same package I have (minus the HD PVR, and upgraded modem) BUT with Popular TV for 99.99 for 1 year..

Called retentions and asked for the popular tv to be added for free to my subscription, after a few waits on hold the rep came back and gave me the credit for the difference in price for the length of the promotion (1 year)..

Not a bad deal at all (150u + Popular TV + Home Phone + HD PVR + Upgraded Modem) for $99.99/month for 1 year.
You got the 99.99/month deal with 150u + Popular TV + Home Phone as an existing customer>? Thats extremely good, gonna try calling tomorrow however im in the GTA.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1164 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@ADMartin that is an extremely good deal! I am also in the GTA. Where can I find this current deal being advertised for new customers only?
Dec 26, 2013
111 posts
80 upvotes
Cambridge
This was someone going door-to-door offering the deal. He skipped my house so I talked to him down the street. After he told me what he was offering I called into sales and asked them to add it for free, they would not as it's for new customers. Transferred over to retentions and asked the same thing and they gave me the popular TV add on for free (monthly credit for 12 months).

If you don't have the current deal (150u + select TV + phone) just simply call into sales and ask for the deal. If the won't just ask them to ask a manager. This has worked for my friend as well now.

After that (few days later), call in and say someone is offering the deal (popular TV) in your neighborhood, ask them to add it for free. If not, go through retentions.

Just my best advice.
$60/10GB - Koodo
$70 Huawei P20 - Koodo
May 16, 2010
66 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Morning Guys,

I tried to call Steve from Rogers, but it seems like I have an old number. Can anyone provide an updated one?

I am looking for internet/tv services and will be a new customer with rogers. Looking for a deal stickied on the first page of this thread

Thanks!
Dec 26, 2013
111 posts
80 upvotes
Cambridge
1-855-381-7834
$60/10GB - Koodo
$70 Huawei P20 - Koodo
Dec 26, 2013
111 posts
80 upvotes
Cambridge
That's just the Rogers number I used..not Steve btw
$60/10GB - Koodo
$70 Huawei P20 - Koodo
Oct 30, 2016
41 posts
9 upvotes
Im chatting with Rogers on Facebook....best these mofos are offering so far for a gigiabit package is $192 (gigabit, Popular TV & home phone).
Apr 18, 2011
77 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto/Ottawa
Hey,

Could someone clarify which number I should call for the "new" retentions/winback department?

I tried calling 1 855 732 7149, but they didn't offer a very good deal at all.

What are the "concierge"/"ambassador" numbers at the top of the thread?

P.S. I wouldn't be asking, but there is no summary on the front page. Sorry if it's already been addressed.
Sep 16, 2012
469 posts
295 upvotes
GTA/London
local_02 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:35 pm
Hey,

Could someone clarify which number I should call for the "new" retentions/winback department?

I tried calling 1 855 732 7149, but they didn't offer a very good deal at all.

What are the "concierge"/"ambassador" numbers at the top of the thread?

P.S. I wouldn't be asking, but there is no summary on the front page. Sorry if it's already been addressed.
Concierge: 1 877 696-6839

I will say that there basically is no more winback department, the best you can get in my experience is just calling 1-888-ROGERS-1 and requesting to cancel and seeing what they offer.
💳: Scotia Amex Gold, Rogers WE, PCF WE
Apr 18, 2011
77 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto/Ottawa
BabaBocher wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 3:03 pm
Current Deal

Rogers Ignite 100u (Unlimited Usage) - $50.01
Starter TV Package (with free NextBox HD 4K Terminal Rental) - $24.99
Canadian News Theme Pack (Just to get CP24) - $5.00

Total cost per month is $80+HST but until September the $5 Canadian News Theme Pack is being credited back to me. FINAL COST = $75/month + HST

Took speaking to 3 different retention reps over 2 days for me to get this deal.
They weren't able to offer anything close to this deal. :-/
DaveProductions wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 5:40 pm
Concierge: 1 877 696-6839

I will say that there basically is no more winback department, the best you can get in my experience is just calling 1-888-ROGERS-1 and requesting to cancel and seeing what they offer.
Thanks!
Oct 30, 2016
41 posts
9 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 6:31 pm
Steve no longer is a connect on this page.
Any word on a replacement for U63?

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

tropicana, ineedaname