Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Oct 3, 2011
167 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody have any luck with getting gigabit package outside postal code restricted area? @zaidyboy any updates on any new deals? Thx in advance
Dec 29, 2012
606 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
the11thdoctor wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 10:11 am
I had my Nextbox 3.0 replaced with a 4k box for free.
Did you have to request this or did they offer it to you? Also, is it the normal 4K box or the PVR?
Sep 15, 2016
45 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
Got 150 Internet, Popular TV with HD PVR and basic home phone for $99.99 through my local Rogers field rep today (new customer).

Picked up the modem and PVR at a Rogers store and asked "can I get a 4K PVR without extra cost" she says "sure, we can do that for you."

Apparently, the home phone has to be plugged in by a technician (no cost), so that will come later (don't need it but it is the same price without).

Plugged the modem in and I'm getting between 185 and 193 Mbps down and about 16 up (ping 19ms).

Happy with the results.
Last edited by factor99 on Aug 14th, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1157 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
factor99 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 7:13 pm
Got 150 Internet, Popular TV with HD PVR and basic home phone for $99.99 through my local Rogers rep today (new customer).
Where are you located to get this price? GTA?
Sep 15, 2016
45 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
J-Wo wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 7:31 pm
Where are you located to get this price? GTA?
I am in Ottawa. I would believe this promo is at least province wide. Any field rep should be able to give it to new customers; It was previously mentioned in this thread.
Feb 21, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
factor99 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 7:13 pm
Got 150 Internet, Popular TV with HD PVR and basic home phone for $99.99 through my local Rogers rep today (new customer).

Picked up the modem and PVR at a Rogers store and asked "can I get a 4K PVR without extra cost" she says "sure, we can do that for you."

Apparently, the home phone has to be plugged in by a technician (no cost), so that will come later (don't need it but it is the same price without).

Plugged the modem in and I'm getting between 185 and 193 Mbps down and about 16 up (ping 19ms).

Happy with the results.

Been trying to get this deal for weeks, never got them to budge from the select TV Package for this price and the Popular TV was an extra $15 plus tax. Was this through a field sales rep?
Sep 15, 2016
45 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
Yes, a field rep.

If you call Rogers they can't match it, The rep was off when I called her back, so I tried the regular line, they said only field reps could offer it.

I called the regular Rogers line a while ago to see what they could offer me, I too was offered Select and 150 for $100, or $15 more for Popular. They saved the quote in my account for 5 days. but I didn't call back. A week or two later the field rep called me. saying my number was referred to her from the call centre TV people.
Jan 2, 2014
495 posts
154 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 6:41 pm
Did you have to request this or did they offer it to you? Also, is it the normal 4K box or the PVR?
PVR, my Nextbox was being funky with recording etc slow and I guess it was a refurb, so I just went through chat they sent a tech and the tech had a 4k box with him instead of a nextbox
Feb 14, 2009
116 posts
1 upvote
toronto
Can someone please give me a contact name or number for a field sales rep. Thanks for your help.
Jun 9, 2008
141 posts
23 upvotes
I just reupped on Ignite 500 + Popular TV via Facebook Messenger. Thanks to those who recommended it.

I have had absolutely no luck upgrading to a free 4K box though.
Aug 31, 2008
122 posts
30 upvotes
gatorb6 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:37 am
I just got off the phone with Rogers and just go the Ignite 150 plan for $65/month for 1 year as a longtime time existing customer.

Details:
  • Currently on Ignite 100u plan for $60/month and deal ending early Sept. I do not have any other services with Rogers. Only Internet.
  • Gave the usual talk about cancelling as Bell has recently put fiber optic lines in our neighbourhood and wanted to know what promos they had to offer.
  • He went off to look for anything and He came back with 150u for $79.99. I said no way, Bell is offering 150u for 65-70 / month here.
  • He went off for a few minutes, asked if I was a student and I told him no and went off again for a minute to "look at any specials"
  • Finally came back with the $65/month 1 year deal for 150u.

Overall wasn't too bad, took a bit of back and forth but happy with the outcome. Now to put in my calendar to call again next year! :)
Same situation as you, went on their live chat and they offered this right away, didn't even have to say I wanted to cancel or anything!
Jan 2, 2014
495 posts
154 upvotes
JesseV87 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 10:43 am
I just reupped on Ignite 500 + Popular TV via Facebook Messenger. Thanks to those who recommended it.

If the hard-drive breaks in the PVR you can get a 4k :twisted:
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4441 posts
245 upvotes
If you get those 12 month price guarantee bundles with no contract then do they apply an early cancellation fee in case you cancel before a given month or no? I know it doesn't apply to single services because of that CRTC ruling.
May 16, 2010
58 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks to Zaidyboy. I got a great deal from rogers!

Zaidyboy was quick to respond and came through! much appreciated.
Oct 3, 2011
167 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
JesseV87 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 10:43 am

Monthly charge all in? Thx

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)