Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3540 posts
879 upvotes
Don't be nosey
Anyone else not get advertised speeds? I'm on 500u and only getting 59mbs down via Speedtest and Fast..
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2008
1034 posts
1076 upvotes
Ottawa
RunOrDie wrote: Anyone else not get advertised speeds? I'm on 500u and only getting 59mbs down via Speedtest and Fast..
Sorry to hear. Must be your neighbourhood. I just got 466u/22d on Speedtest and 580 on Fast. (I'm in the south end of Ottawa.)
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
4220 posts
1704 upvotes
Toronto
Was offered $119 tax in for 1GB internet promo through rogers chat each month for 12-month. LOL smh... is there still winback?
Jul 4, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
Just did a live chat through rogers.com

Was on 150u for $71, now its $97 after promo expiration.

Offered:
1. Ignite 300u for $101.69 after taxes
2, Ignite 75u for $89.26 after taxes

Not even getting considered for anything others have mentioned.
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
$168.29 after tax.

Premier TV package.
0 boxes as I own 5 or 6.
Gigabit Internet.
Super Sports Pak (waived during covid -- $35.95+tax).

Works out to just under $128 after tax for gigabit internet and premier TV.

I didn't have to haggle or anything.

The rep offered it without me threatening or anything.

I ust literally said, "I'd like to keep everything as is, what can you offer?"
Last edited by techfox on Apr 24th, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Koodo, Public Mobile client.
Amex, PayTM client.
Jun 9, 2008
139 posts
340 upvotes
ontario
I'm currently using cable internet with Vmedia in Whitby, looking to switch to Rogers. I wonder what deals are available.
Feb 28, 2008
152 posts
46 upvotes
Currently paying about 160-170 for tv and 150u internet.

Had a promo for the cable package (I would have cut earlier but my parents can’t live without) and internet which is expiring next month. Price was going to go up to 200+ dollars.

Did not have any luck getting anything. Called in and was told there were no promos and to take it or leave it. To add insult to injury they were the ones that informed me that my price was going up to $200 after. This was the Cantonese hotline for Rogers.

So I took the advice of others posted here and reached out on social and live chat... they offered to revert my plan back to $166 for 12 months. Seeing the plans others have gotten here I declined it and said I would like to cancel my plan next billing period. They called my bluff and now I have a shipping label for the hardware lol.

What are the chances win back team would actually call back and offer me a deal?

Well, whatever at this point I’m committed lol... working from home using data while I wait for teksavvy to install a new service will be annoying. No idea how long that will take.
Oct 8, 2009
38 posts
Currently with Rogers. Paying around $80 with tax for 150u internet. Rogers has suspended my internet multiple times because of apparent malware on network. Every device connected to network was scanned and/or factory reset. Rogers did another scan and confirmed network was fine. A phone rep confirmed email attached to account was still not removed from the system for flagging and was told to disregard if received. Suspended again the week after and had to contact again. Reps gave me the run around with the generic answers as to why network was suspended. Decided to cancel my services and tried contacting FB chat. Received the offers below:

The first option is keeping your Ignite 150u package. The breakdown would be the Ignite 150u would be $94.99 plus tax monthly including modem rental with 12 months of $35.00 monthly guaranteed savings off the regular price. The total would be $67.79 per month tax included for 12 months but the regular price plan rates can be subject to change.

The second option would upgrade your package to Ignite Gigabit package with up to 1 Gbps download speed. The breakdown would be the Ignite Gigabit would be $114.99 plus tax monthly including modem rental with 12 months of $45.00 monthly guaranteed savings off the regular price. The total would be $79.09 per month tax included for 12 months but the regular price plan rates can be subject to change.

Both of these deals are a waste of time. Any reps from rogers available to offer a better deal? L5V area. PM please and thanks.
Sep 7, 2010
66 posts
21 upvotes
kicl wrote: i would love to be able to get anything close to this deal. i was previously paying 140 for gigabit, popular tv, home phone
my bill has now gone up to 229
i called in to see if there were any offers available. i was told they are not doing loyalty plans anymore and the best they could give me was a "targeted offer" of $11 off/month

ive been with rogers for 34 years
How hard did you push, and how recent was your bill increase?
The rep I got was excellent, and I was upfront & polite but said I couldn't take such a large increase... was there something they could do to maintain my current pricing.
It took a couple of iterations, but hopefully they'll do the right thing for a 34-year customer.
Live text might be worth a try too.
Sep 7, 2010
66 posts
21 upvotes
techfox wrote: $168.29 after tax.

Premier TV package.
0 boxes as I own 5 or 6.
Gigabit Internet.
Premier Sports Pak (cost of premier is waived during covid).

Works out to just under $128 after tax for gigabit internet and premier TV.
Nice! I got a similar price but 500u & Premier (& HP), not your Gigabit.
Mar 2, 2009
24 posts
3 upvotes
London, ON
Trying to get the same plan I have below again. Any chance for something similar? Closest I came is $170.

$130
Internet
Monthly charges
Rogers Ignite 500 - Unlimited, Gigabit Wi-Fi ...

TV - Not Ignite
Monthly charges
NextBox 4K UHD HDPVR rental, + Crave + Movies +HBO

Note: I can live without Crave+Movies and HBO

I'm almost a 10-13 year customer. I also tried the approach of That's Unpossible which I was polite and just suggested to the rep that the price difference between my current plan and this new price was
not acceptable considering I would be paying $170 and not getting CraveTV. So $40 dollar bump + I lose out. Thoughts?

At the price above I might as well go with a ignite bundle premiere however I'm not a fan of IPTV since if your internet is lost you also lose the TV. What about Latency, Freezing and reliability?

My current bill cause the promo ended is $300 bucks! <Scary>
Last edited by Dris on Apr 22nd, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
3058 posts
488 upvotes
Mississauga
Rogers promotion ending in June 20 for my rents. they are being offered standalone gig internet with modem for $62.15 after tax. gig Internet, fav home phone, popular tv bundle with 5 outlets for $145 after tax. gig Internet, fav home phone, select tv bundle for $135 after tax.

My current bundle is with popular and is $125 after tax so a $20 increase. I'm thinking of taking the standalone internet, get fido wireless home phone, and just use iptv. Thoughts on the packages?
Jul 8, 2009
273 posts
67 upvotes
jpham11 wrote: Currently with Rogers. Paying around $80 with tax for 150u internet. Rogers has suspended my internet multiple times because of apparent malware on network. Every device connected to network was scanned and/or factory reset. Rogers did another scan and confirmed network was fine. A phone rep confirmed email attached to account was still not removed from the system for flagging and was told to disregard if received. Suspended again the week after and had to contact again. Reps gave me the run around with the generic answers as to why network was suspended. Decided to cancel my services and tried contacting FB chat. Received the offers below:

The first option is keeping your Ignite 150u package. The breakdown would be the Ignite 150u would be $94.99 plus tax monthly including modem rental with 12 months of $35.00 monthly guaranteed savings off the regular price. The total would be $67.79 per month tax included for 12 months but the regular price plan rates can be subject to change.

The second option would upgrade your package to Ignite Gigabit package with up to 1 Gbps download speed. The breakdown would be the Ignite Gigabit would be $114.99 plus tax monthly including modem rental with 12 months of $45.00 monthly guaranteed savings off the regular price. The total would be $79.09 per month tax included for 12 months but the regular price plan rates can be subject to change.

Both of these deals are a waste of time. Any reps from rogers available to offer a better deal? L5V area. PM please and thanks.
The detection's are likely not fake. one of three things caused this to happen, either there was a verified complaint that your network has been sending out attacks to other networks, a known security hole was detected (generally unpatched 3rd party routers can cause this), or traffic was detected from your IP that matches a known vulnerability.

the agent should be able to tell you which issue was detected by looking at the backend systems and pulling the EUV notes. That being said, get the agent to check the TIME of the complaint/detection. I've seen a couple times where there is a delay between when the EUV complaint/detection happens and action is taken. When I had worked there, the most common "violation" was for the Zeus botnet. which depending on how devices were factory reset, can still remain on the system.

Full disclosure, I used to work as a agent in a call center for a major ISP.
Sep 10, 2014
79 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I went from a 500U at $45 (all in) to 1GBPS $75 (all in) as my promo expires this month. This was the best I could get from Rogers. Bell rep says they do not have any offers.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41798 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
Haris wrote: Rogers promotion ending in June 20 for my rents. they are being offered standalone gig internet with modem for $62.15 after tax. gig Internet, fav home phone, popular tv bundle with 5 outlets for $145 after tax. gig Internet, fav home phone, select tv bundle for $135 after tax.

My current bundle is with popular and is $125 after tax so a $20 increase. I'm thinking of taking the standalone internet, get fido wireless home phone, and just use iptv. Thoughts on the packages?
Looks like anything under $100/month for Gigabit is a deal.
Apr 22, 2020
1 posts
Best offer I was given:
150u at Rogers for $101 with tax.
300u at Rogers for $106 with tax.

I mentioned start.ca in London is doing $70 for 250Mbps. The Rogers rep then asked me to set up with Start and cancel Rogers once I had moved. They said there is nothing more that can be done...maybe in 30 days they will have better promotions.
May 11, 2017
31 posts
17 upvotes
I'm located in the Brampton area L6R.
I'm a new customer looking for a good deal on the internet service 50Mbps and higher speed.

Any reps please PM me, It will be greatly appreciated.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
I had the popular + 500u + Homephone (which i dont use) bundle which was at 126 taxed in ending on June 2nd, I have put in my cancellation for June 1st. Wondering if they call us back and offer something else, keep you guys posted!

The best they could on FB and on phone was 160 ish after tax.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Jan 21, 2019
214 posts
473 upvotes
Potential customer in Kitchener N2M. If a rep could contact me that would be great!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

SolarMom