Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1130 posts
211 upvotes
YYZ
NobleFalcon1 wrote: Nobody knows how WinBack operates. It's like a lottery with them.
this is what I am leaning towards, not everyone gets a winback same as offers. lol
Nov 11, 2012
519 posts
831 upvotes
I'm on my last month of 500u for $50. From reading the last few pages it seems the "Rogers Dance" isn't very effective right now. On my account I'm being offered 500u and their new Ignite smart stream for $64 plus tax. Should I take that?

Fido is not much of an option due to heavy usage working from home.
Nov 11, 2012
519 posts
831 upvotes
shroud27 wrote: I'm on my last month of 500u for $50. From reading the last few pages it seems the "Rogers Dance" isn't very effective right now. On my account I'm being offered 500u and their new Ignite smart stream for $64 plus tax. Should I take that?

Fido is not much of an option due to heavy usage working from home.
NVM, I called in and they offered to extend my current discount for another year, $50 for 500u
Jun 24, 2010
52 posts
67 upvotes
I have Bell Fibe TV & internet. It has been terrible. Slow internet. Tape shows and they don't record. System needs a reboot at least weekly. Constantly calling, techs often at the house. And you have to watch your bill closely. The prices constantly increase, often without notice. So we fight them, they give 30 days notice, price goes up. Fibe promo ending soon, price going up by $50/MONTH. Midway through switching to Rogers. Bell customers hate Bell. Rogers hate Rogers...I feel like we can't win.
May 18, 2019
933 posts
513 upvotes
askmom wrote: I have Bell Fibe TV & internet. It has been terrible. Slow internet. Tape shows and they don't record. System needs a reboot at least weekly. Constantly calling, techs often at the house. And you have to watch your bill closely. The prices constantly increase, often without notice. So we fight them, they give 30 days notice, price goes up. Fibe promo ending soon, price going up by $50/MONTH. Midway through switching to Rogers. Bell customers hate Bell. Rogers hate Rogers...I feel like we can't win.
Both are crooks. What everyone should be doing is to switch between them whenever their promotion ends to take advantage of their new customer promotions.
Sep 29, 2012
35 posts
6 upvotes
North of YYZ
Holy crap. Realized my promo expired TODAY. 500u internet, premier TV, Smart Home Monitoring and home phone, $154/month. Due to increase to regular price of $294 eff. tomorrow! Best I could get was $259...$100+ more than what I currently pay!

Told them to cancel the lot, am on hold with the "cancellation retention department". Thankfully I'm in a position to cancel everything but internet on the spot. I'm so sick of this dance every year. I've already cancelled my cell phone with Rogers, looks like I'll be doing the same with everything else.

Anyone gotten a recent deal on a similar package to what I have listed above?

Update: Got through to retentions. Best they could do was upgrade to 1000u and better cable package for another $70/month, but I don't want or need those upgrades. Put in a cancellation for 2 weeks from now. Now to figure out who I go with now for cable/internet, I've been with Rogers for 15+ years!
Mar 10, 2017
151 posts
261 upvotes
Tilleycat wrote: Holy crap. Realized my promo expired TODAY. 500u internet, premier TV, Smart Home Monitoring and home phone, $154/month. Due to increase to regular price of $294 eff. tomorrow! Best I could get was $259...$100+ more than what I currently pay!

Told them to cancel the lot, am on hold with the "cancellation retention department". Thankfully I'm in a position to cancel everything but internet on the spot. I'm so sick of this dance every year. I've already cancelled my cell phone with Rogers, looks like I'll be doing the same with everything else.

Update: Got through to retentions. Best they could do was upgrade to 1000u and better cable package for another $70/month, but I don't want or need those upgrades. Put in a cancellation for 2 weeks from now. Now to figure out who I go with now for cable/internet, I've been with Rogers for 15+ years!
Get in on Fido 150u for $45/m (+ $150 giftcard) before it expires tonight. Then hope for a decent winback offer from Rogers. Worst case you'll still have cheap usable internet.
Sep 29, 2012
35 posts
6 upvotes
North of YYZ
bluenwhite89 wrote: Get in on Fido 150u for $45/m (+ $150 giftcard) before it expires tonight. Then hope for a decent winback offer from Rogers. Worst case you'll still have cheap usable internet.
Hey, that's great, thanks so much!
Sep 27, 2009
400 posts
65 upvotes
Was able to get gigabit in London for 73.99 which was better than what they gave me last year
Jun 15, 2008
839 posts
222 upvotes
Markham
Any offers for new customers for the L4A area?
Nov 29, 2009
323 posts
53 upvotes
New Customer in M6L area looking for internet + home phone please pm me
Sep 22, 2006
97 posts
23 upvotes
GTA
Tilleycat wrote: Holy crap. Realized my promo expired TODAY. 500u internet, premier TV, Smart Home Monitoring and home phone, $154/month. Due to increase to regular price of $294 eff. tomorrow! Best I could get was $259...$100+ more than what I currently pay!

So now that you've cancelled your services for 14 days from now and let's say, next week you decide to sign up with Bell for Home phone. Because you've cancelled first, have you not lost your Home number if you actually switch to another company? (as opposed to switching to Bell and having them call Rogers to port your number). Cancelling my internet and cable is easy, but I want to keep my home phone number so I just want to make sure I'm doing it in the right order. Keep in mind I'm cancelling in hopes of getting the call from Retentions to try and give me a better offer before the actual cancellation date
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1304 posts
960 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
I believe you are correct that once the cancellation is in process the porting option is not available . Much better to port out to a voip provider if you really want the number for a small cost and take any "free" line Rogers or Bell wants to throw at you in a bundle. I did port my secondary number out recently to Bell and that triggered Rogers calling a few days before the port went through to try and offer a retention deal. I did cancel Rogers after my Bell services were up and running and so far it's been a month with no cancellation of my tv or internet services.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
Got a renewal for $55 monthly gigabit, $5 increase from previous year. I'm guessing it's because of COVID19.

$5/month more is worth not having to deal with switching providers
Sep 11, 2017
7 posts
3 upvotes
Looking for new internet promotions in L3S area. Reps feel free to PM me
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
DealCanuck wrote: Got a renewal for $55 monthly gigabit, $5 increase from previous year. I'm guessing it's because of COVID19.

$5/month more is worth not having to deal with switching providers
How did you get it? Automatically or you had to ask for a continued discount?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
alpovs wrote: How did you get it? Automatically or you had to ask for a continued discount?
Just asked if I had any deals on renewal
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1980 posts
263 upvotes
Ottawa
Ferkner wrote: I'm in Ottawa too, and they won't do squat for me. I have 150u, Select digital tv (not ignite) and home phone for $132 taxes in. We had to ditch all the calling features to get it down to that. They won't switch me to ignite without me having to pay full price. Currently shopping around some I'm paying more for less than I had before.
Try try try... Try... Try try... Again. That's all you can do with Rogers. I was originally offered my plan for $136... Then I said no and tried with another agent and after a little back and forth stating I wanted to stay around $100... They gave me the $108.

If you can't seem to get an agent to give you a good deal. My backup if I couldn't get an agent to give me something close to $100 per month was to sign up with fido or virgin internet for $45 per month (we have FTTH so are stuck with Rogers, Bell, virgin or fido), get stack tv for $12.99 so my wife can have her HGTV + ota for free and switch to ooma for home phone. A bit more upfront cost, but may be worth it in the long run. If they don't give me a deal again next year, that's my plan.
Sep 30, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
hi - i'm currently with Rogers, K2J area of Ottawa, looking for new full bundle, ignite 150u or higher, popular tv and home phone. happy to PM with a rep!

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)