Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Nov 6, 2006
55 posts
3 upvotes
I was lucky to recently get the gigabyte internet plan for $39.99 guaranteed for 1 year.
I am only able to get about a 600mb max. I’m in Toronto.
I was told that the internet plan is now only able to get it from the presidents office. They were able to apply the internet and I was able to keep my grandfathered digital VIP package with the same free hd pvr box for free for a year as well. Total taxes in for $167.99. This includes the time shifting and the TMN package
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12439 posts
4226 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My gigabit+VIP TV package for $100 is coming to an end at the end of May so I reached out to Rogers by chat and was offered this:

Cable TV - Premier + 1 bonus channel pick
Internet - Ignite Gigabit + modem rental
for $132.98 ($150.27 after tax) for 12 months.

Is there a better deal out there?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2005
1355 posts
189 upvotes
London, ON
My 2 year gigabyte promo expires in about a month. Chat whit Rogers last week. Got the same deal most of us got here. Basic phone + popular TV + gigabyte Internet for a little over $100 before tax.
Lost some channels comparing to my current Premier TV package, but I don't watch that much TV, so no big deal.
Only downside is the promo period. Home phone is fine as long as I have the other two service, internet is for 2 years, but TV is only good for 1 year. I tried to push it for 2 years too, but was told all TV promo are 1 year.
Oct 16, 2005
826 posts
348 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 8:00 am
My gigabit+VIP TV package for $100 is coming to an end at the end of May so I reached out to Rogers by chat and was offered this:

Cable TV - Premier + 1 bonus channel pick
Internet - Ignite Gigabit + modem rental
for $132.98 ($150.27 after tax) for 12 months.

I usually call in 3-5 months earlier than my expiration as I don't want to be stuck with a crappier deal.

I was offered:

Cable TV - Premier + HDPVR
INT - Gigabit + modem
HOME - Basic + feature

I pay $136 taxes in for 24 months. I got this in March, my promo was ending in June.
Sep 21, 2015
499 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 8:00 am

<snip>

Yes, there is.

The first wave of gigabit+vip expiry is coming up for May 31, so the above question is showing up several times a page.

If you look at the OP for the thread, there's a list of the Rogers field promotions. That gives you an idea of pricing Rogers is offering to new customers at this time. Pricing was much better 3 weeks ago, but it's no longer 3 weeks ago.

If the pricing of the offer you were given isn't comparable to the field sales prices, you're getting gouged. Also it's worth making a decision as to whether you actually need gigabit speeds or every tv channel. Would dropping speeds to 500u, 150u, or switching to TPIA for internet at 75u work for you? It likely would for 99% of people. Is it worth paying extra to keep VIP, or for a larger saving switch to starter/select/or popular?

Knowing what would be available from the competition also gives you a baseline to decide if Rogers is making a good offer or not.

<insert offer here>. If you have to ask, it's a bad offer / there's better pricing available.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4587 posts
2225 upvotes
Northside
Superman_2099 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 10:28 am
I usually call in 3-5 months earlier than my expiration as I don't want to be stuck with a crappier deal.

I was offered:

Cable TV - Premier + HDPVR
INT - Gigabit + modem
HOME - Basic + feature

I pay $136 taxes in for 24 months. I got this in March, my promo was ending in June.
That's a really good deal. Surprised that you got this 3 months before contract end date

Good stuff
Sep 21, 2015
499 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
mockingbird wrote:
Apr 15th, 2018 11:11 pm
I know how you feel. My U63 ends in September. I'm not looking forward to wasting two weeks in the prime summer month of August squabbling with Rogers CSRs...
Something to your advantage at least is you'll be renewing when the student promotions are available.
Mar 11, 2012
376 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tsk888 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 5:52 pm
1-855-410-7592- new number that yeungnga just mentioned
1-877-232-3028- the number that has been used throughout the thread

The above winback numbers do not work anymore. I was also given 1-866-637-6639 but it is not the winback number. Can someone please help and provide the winback number?
Anyone has the newest winback number?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
Here is an offer I received by contacting Rogers directly via telephone:

Hi Chris,

It was an absolute pleasure talking to you today, based on your request I have attached a copy of the promotions we talked about.

If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Premier TV Bundle (Ignite Gigabit)

Ignite Gigabit Internet

1024 mbps download speed + 30 mbps upload speed with unlimited usage
Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem Included
Connect from 7 antennae for a stronger signal + Stream Netflix in True 4K + Download a 4k movie in less than 30 seconds!

Premier TV

4kPVR Nextbox included
Whole Home PVR system record/view recordings from all TVs 8 channels/time with 1 TB of storage
184 + HD Channels
Rogers On Demand

Unlimited Local Home Phone

Unlimited Local Calling

Package also includes:

· Rogers Any Place TV included (watch all your TV channels from any computer, tablet, phone)

· My Rogers App with Game Plus Access (Use your My Rogers login to accumulate points whenever you’re watching a Toronto FC, Blue Jays, Leafs, Raptors game. Use your points towards Blue Jays, Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC tickets + merchandise and a VIP Experience) https://gameplus.rogers.com/

TOTAL

$99.99/month plus tax – year 1

$109.99/month plus tax – year 2
No Term Commitment with a Two Year Credit Savings Guarantee

All Activation/Installation Fees Waived

The only thing I omitted was name and contact information but I just called Rogers so I don't think that is relevant.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2434 posts
746 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Euro2012 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 8:43 pm
Here is an offer I received by contacting Rogers directly via telephone:

Hi Chris,

It was an absolute pleasure talking to you today, based on your request I have attached a copy of the promotions we talked about.

If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Premier TV Bundle (Ignite Gigabit)

Ignite Gigabit Internet

1024 mbps download speed + 30 mbps upload speed with unlimited usage
Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem Included
Connect from 7 antennae for a stronger signal + Stream Netflix in True 4K + Download a 4k movie in less than 30 seconds!

Premier TV

4kPVR Nextbox included
Whole Home PVR system record/view recordings from all TVs 8 channels/time with 1 TB of storage
184 + HD Channels
Rogers On Demand

Unlimited Local Home Phone

Unlimited Local Calling

Package also includes:

· Rogers Any Place TV included (watch all your TV channels from any computer, tablet, phone)

· My Rogers App with Game Plus Access (Use your My Rogers login to accumulate points whenever you’re watching a Toronto FC, Blue Jays, Leafs, Raptors game. Use your points towards Blue Jays, Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC tickets + merchandise and a VIP Experience) https://gameplus.rogers.com/

TOTAL

$99.99/month plus tax – year 1

$109.99/month plus tax – year 2
No Term Commitment with a Two Year Credit Savings Guarantee

All Activation/Installation Fees Waived

The only thing I omitted was name and contact information but I just called Rogers so I don't think that is relevant.
new customer?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
boldventure wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 9:00 pm
new customer?
Yes I was inquiring as a new customer. Seems similar to one of the offers on the first page but the first year seems to be cheaper by ten dollars, activation fee is waived and there is no commitment. Not sure about the other details as the first page doesn't seem to go in much detail for that particular offer. Hope this helps someone when negotiating with Rogers, I got this by calling their 1800 number
Sep 21, 2015
499 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
Euro2012 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 9:03 pm
Yes I was inquiring as a new customer. Seems similar to one of the offers on the first page but the first year seems to be cheaper by ten dollars, activation fee is waived and there is no commitment. Not sure about the other details as the first page doesn't seem to go in much detail for that particular offer. Hope this helps someone when negotiating with Rogers, I got this by calling their 1800 number
Recent call, or awhile ago? I'm already happy with my existing contract and have 12 months left so I wouldn't take it, but overall gigabit+premier+game plus at $99 sounds about the same as the vip+gigabit+centreice I used to have. It's definitely though something for people with upcoming expiry to go after.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
cleacy1972 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 9:20 pm
Recent call, or awhile ago? I'm already happy with my existing contract and have 12 months left so I wouldn't take it, but overall gigabit+premier+game plus at $99 sounds about the same as the vip+gigabit+centreice I used to have. It's definitely though something for people with upcoming expiry to go after.
It took place today. I asked him to send me a detailed breakdown to my email as I prefer when everything is broken down and detailed.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12439 posts
4226 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Euro2012 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 10:31 pm
It took place today. I asked him to send me a detailed breakdown to my email as I prefer when everything is broken down and detailed.
Can you confirm if you are in a FFTH or FFTN Bell area, by going to Bell's website and checking if Fiber internet is in your area?

This is exactly what I'm trying to negotiate and I would be happy with this for the next two years. I don't even care about Rogers home phone as I now have Ooma.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
rvs007 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 11:35 pm
Can you confirm if you are in a FFTH or FFTN Bell area, by going to Bell's website and checking if Fiber internet is in your area?

This is exactly what I'm trying to negotiate and I would be happy with this for the next two years. I don't even care about Rogers home phone as I now have Ooma.
My street cant support anything above Fibe 100, a couple of streets west can.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

VitaXllent, anthonys92, DoubleJ_