Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Sep 7, 2010
57 posts
11 upvotes
onlineharvest wrote:
May 31st, 2018 6:13 pm
Premier TV
Gigabit Internet
Home Phone

$94 + tax
2 years, no contract
Wow that sounds awesome. Nicely done!
What was the trick to getting such a low price? Do you own your TV boxes? Basic HP (local, any features)?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8184 posts
1812 upvotes
Ontario
That's Unpossible wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 12:56 pm
Wow that sounds awesome. Nicely done!
What was the trick to getting such a low price? Do you own your TV boxes? Basic HP (local, any features)?
Yes, I own all 4 of my HD boxes, from previous rent to own agreements (didn’t “pay” for most of them, part of the package - free boxes as part of agreement but didn’t lose rent-to-own status - and $5/m for one of them).

The phone package is basic (I likely won’t use it, I use FPL as my main driver and VoIP.ms for other/business lines). It was my impression if phone was important you may have been able to get a better phone package at the same price level, but the rep knew I was only adding it to secure an additional year.

Forgot to add, this was through winback, after going through OOTP.
Apr 5, 2011
92 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Got the winback email today after canceling yesterday. Was offered Premier TV and Gigabit Internet for $96 plus tax. Didn't need the home phone since I already have VoIP phone service.
Avid Gamer & Sports Enthusiast
Consoles: Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 Pro & Nintendo Switch
PC Specs: i7 5820K, 16 GB DDR4, GTX 1070, 850 SSD 500GB, Corsair H80i
Fav. Teams: Raptors, Jays, TFC
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3219 posts
647 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote:
May 31st, 2018 10:18 pm
I was a customer with Rogers, but closed my account several years ago. Am I better off calling in as a new customer or telling them that I'm thinking of coming back and giving my old account number?
You are considered a new customer - no point giving your old number, won't help you.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4570 posts
2192 upvotes
Northside
arun_gan wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 2:44 pm
Got the winback email today after canceling yesterday. Was offered Premier TV and Gigabit Internet for $96 plus tax. Didn't need the home phone since I already have VoIP phone service.
might as well take it if it's for free lol.
Feb 22, 2009
553 posts
217 upvotes
Ottawa
Just got off the phone attempting to put in my cancellation request as my VIP/Gig promo ends early next week. Apparently Rogers is preparing a similar promo of Premier TV + Gigabit for ~$99 but it won't be ready until next week. The agent is going to call me back next Wednesday (day after my promo ends) and will confirm whether it's ready or not. Once the new promo is in place, she said she'll credit the days I was paying full price between the 2 promos. No other details regarding how long the term is.

Seems like they're just skipping forcing everyone to put in a cancellation request and then having to send out a winback email/call to just continue with a similar promo. She mentioned I'll have to switch my modem to the big white one eventually (I kept the original black one for this entire promo). Will report back once I've heard back from her next Wed, June 6. She said I was the 3rd person she has to call back about extending the promo.

I was considering going ahead with the cancellation date and going via the winback route as that's already confirmed but figured if I don't have to sit on hold again waiting for an agent to get the same price, I'll go that route.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
1332 posts
38 upvotes
Markham
Currently I have requested a cancellation for my grandfathered 100u service which jumped from $65+tax to $101+tax, used Rogers chat yesterday to cancel in mid-June and they said they will have a Customer Relation Expert to call me back today, but it did not happen. After that I called the 1-866-600 number but the lady who answered the phone said they are not the one to talk to. What should I do next? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
1075 posts
111 upvotes
Rogers salesperson canvassing my area offered 1 gig internet, starter tv and local home phone for $74.99 no contract, price i think is good for 2 years. He didn't have internet only promo.
Jan 13, 2017
10 posts
dorje wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 8:31 pm
Rogers salesperson canvassing my area offered 1 gig internet, starter tv and local home phone for $74.99 no contract, price i think is good for 2 years. He didn't have internet only promo.
Which area?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8184 posts
1812 upvotes
Ontario
stevewk wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 3:38 pm
Just got off the phone attempting to put in my cancellation request as my VIP/Gig promo ends early next week. Apparently Rogers is preparing a similar promo of Premier TV + Gigabit for ~$99 but it won't be ready until next week. The agent is going to call me back next Wednesday (day after my promo ends) and will confirm whether it's ready or not. Once the new promo is in place, she said she'll credit the days I was paying full price between the 2 promos. No other details regarding how long the term is.

Seems like they're just skipping forcing everyone to put in a cancellation request and then having to send out a winback email/call to just continue with a similar promo. She mentioned I'll have to switch my modem to the big white one eventually (I kept the original black one for this entire promo). Will report back once I've heard back from her next Wed, June 6. She said I was the 3rd person she has to call back about extending the promo.

I was considering going ahead with the cancellation date and going via the winback route as that's already confirmed but figured if I don't have to sit on hold again waiting for an agent to get the same price, I'll go that route.
I’d like to believe that, and for the benefit of many to avoid the song and dance, I hope it’s true. However, and perhaps I’m jaded by past experiences, I wouldn’t believe the rep. They seemingly don’t know what’s in the pipeline from one day to the next, and the kinds of stories I’ve been told to prevent me from escalating and/or cancelling!

Hope it’s true. And if so... ENTER THE RFD BARBARIAN HOARD! ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8184 posts
1812 upvotes
Ontario
zaidyboy wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 3:34 pm
might as well take it if it's for free lol.
Especially if it adds an additional haggle free year!
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2436 posts
455 upvotes
Had the old Rogers Gigabit/VIP/Homephone package for $136 taxes in from two years ago. Called in and requested a cancellation of all services, managed to get Gigabit for $56 / month taxes in for 12 months. Guess I'll see you all next year this time!
Jun 14, 2011
3 posts
Toronto
My promo ends on the 6th as well. Called the other day to remove an extra channel and they told me it was ending. Having a lot of trouble getting them to offer anything decent. Anyone have any advice? they have not mentioned the $99 promo coming up at all to me.
stevewk wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 3:38 pm

Jun 14, 2011
3 posts
Toronto
onlineharvest wrote:
May 31st, 2018 6:13 pm
Premier TV
Gigabit Internet
Home Phone

$94 + tax
2 years, no contract

Not @ceredon rockstar level, but close enough to what many are getting through winback. ;)
Any advice on how you got that? I'm getting nowhere close to the VIP/gig price I got 2 years ago

Thread Information

There are currently 16 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 13 guests)

Bullsigh, Deckard2049, hjello