Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Sep 21, 2015
497 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
Master2031 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 3:45 pm
Looking for some feedback here.

Going to be moving in a month and was just wondering if I should try to get a better deal with Rogers or jump ship to bell.

I currently have:

1gig Internet
Popular tv package
One 4K box
One plain hd receiver

Paying total taxes in $110 per month.

Should I ask to get a better deal? Or do I already have a good deal ?

Thoughts ?
With effort, i'm sure you could get a better price.

Are you currently paying a bad price? Not at all, that's a good price. I'm sure there's a lot of people paying in the 150-200 range for a similar package.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16617 posts
4294 upvotes
Toronto
So I am being offered Premier cable tv, home phone and Gigabit internet for $150. Anyone get a better deal?
Dec 3, 2012
52 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
I know that and maybe someone can help me find a rep instead of saying this is a discussion when people help each other out. I don’t see the other forum with all the Rogers deal and rep that can help me.
Dec 3, 2012
52 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Euro2012 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 10:42 am
No reps here, this is a discussion forum
Lol you here to help or be a dick.
Dec 1, 2007
623 posts
77 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Accepted the $131.00 taxes in offer. Two years offer.

Premier TV with Ignite 500u.

Free HDPVR (actually a 4KPVR shhh) rental
4K box rental

My VIP with Ignite Gigabit price was ending Sept 29th so decided to re-up with this offer. Was paying $127.42 before so slight increase.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11951 posts
1717 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
jello_bob wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 6:55 pm
Accepted the $131.00 taxes in offer. Two years offer.

Premier TV with Ignite 500u.

Free HDPVR (actually a 4KPVR shhh) rental
4K box rental

My VIP with Ignite Gigabit price was ending Sept 29th so decided to re-up with this offer. Was paying $127.42 before so slight increase.
Was this given by retentions without negotiating or was this thru winbacks after cancellation??
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Jul 22, 2009
61 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
nguyencanh wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 6:38 pm
Lol you here to help or be a dick.
Read long enough and you'll realize it's option #2 with that person, hidden under the guise of being helpful. ;)

There used to be helpful reps on here, but he did his best to troll them and chase them away.
Nov 13, 2008
89 posts
36 upvotes
toronto
amitabh9 wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2018 11:09 am
2 year promo: gigabit, popular tv, home phone for $94+tax. Signed up. probably best deal i have ever gotten from rogers
So, a month goes by i get my bill and it reads $332 - WTF

does the winback number still work, the one received via email? it says the office is closed - call back during regular business hours.

what do i do?
May 5, 2006
634 posts
89 upvotes
carmaster wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 11:08 am
My understanding is that the price is valid for the 2 years of the offer, but subject to price increases if they decided to jack up the prices of internet or cable like this year +8 internet and +5 cable.
Yeah. To be precise, the "discounts" are guaranteed for 2 years, but the price is not. I'm not sure whether the discounts are based on a percentage of the price, or just a flat $x off the price (but it's probably the latter).

On the flip side, there are no 'contracts' anymore, so if they jack up the price, there's nothing stopping us from cancelling immediately. Honestly, the no-contract thing was what sold me... I'm still a bit ambivalent at paying over $1000/year for TV when a $40/month internet subscription would probably suffice. But this way I can just defer that decision to a later date.
May 5, 2006
634 posts
89 upvotes
amitabh9 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:13 am

does the winback number still work, the one received via email? it says the office is closed - call back during regular business hours.

what do i do?
Call back during business hours (lol).
However, the winback number may only have worked if you previously had a cancellation order.

Personally, when I called the regular line to cancel a couple of weeks ago, they just offered me the discounts similar to what has widely described here* for another 2 years. So I just took it rather than go through the winback hassle. If they don't, you might have to cancel.

*Popular/Gigabit/extra HD box for $108, taxes in
Sep 13, 2012
634 posts
286 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
amitabh9 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:13 am

what do i do?
Did you note down dates, names, and interaction numbers for your original discussion re: pricing you agreed on?

If so, if I were you I would only pay the amount agreed upon plus taxes then wait for the next bill to arrive. Once it does it will either show backdated credits to cancel out the overages or it won't. In either case, once you have the next bill phone up management office at (844) 410-5766 and aside from explaining you'd like everything cleaned up and credited and billed out as agreed upon you're expecting a goodwill credit for the poor experience. If none is offered, escalate beyond management office.
Sep 13, 2012
634 posts
286 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Steelhawk wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 2:39 am
Read long enough and you'll realize it's option #2 with that person, hidden under the guise of being helpful. ;)

There used to be helpful reps on here, but he did his best to troll them and chase them away.
#retirementgoals
Nov 13, 2008
89 posts
36 upvotes
toronto
randomthoughts wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:35 am
Call back during business hours (lol).
However, the winback number may only have worked if you previously had a cancellation order.

Personally, when I called the regular line to cancel a couple of weeks ago, they just offered me the discounts similar to what has widely described here* for another 2 years. So I just took it rather than go through the winback hassle. If they don't, you might have to cancel.

*Popular/Gigabit/extra HD box for $108, taxes in
yeah - have the names and dates

spoke to rogers on a chat, they could do nothing, told me that a senior person would call.

I registered a complaint on CCTS too
Jan 15, 2006
57 posts
10 upvotes
My current package is VIP package (Popular TV, Gigabit internet) for $99.99, ending Sept 12. I was able to renew the package, same services for same price.
I did this all by chat support. I was fully expecting to cancel servies then try my luck with the winback but was able to get it done without jumping that hoop.
Jan 28, 2008
53 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
mackiee wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 1:21 pm
My current package is VIP package (Popular TV, Gigabit internet) for $99.99, ending Sept 12. I was able to renew the package, same services for same price.
I did this all by chat support. I was fully expecting to cancel servies then try my luck with the winback but was able to get it done without jumping that hoop.
Wasn't the VIP package the VIP TV package + gigabit? Popular TV is one lower then Premier and Premier is less then the VIP.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

bmw330i, jooksingjai77, christianfigo