Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Jul 22, 2009
61 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
Cjohnson202 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 8:52 pm
I'm currently paying $95 all-in for 150u and popular tv with no cable boxes included (I own two already)

I have seen a lot of people paying less or the same for more (HBO / 4K PVR / 500u)

Bell is also in my condo offering 1GB internet, their better tv and a 4k PVR for $99.99 a month.

I went on Rogers chat, they wouldn't give me anything better than I have.

So I just called to cancel and they didnt even try to keep me as a customer. Didn't offer me any deal at all. is this normal?

I scheduled a cancellation for September 20, giving them time to potentially call me back or email me a new offer.

What are everyone's thoughts?
Par for the course, as per the last few weeks of posts here. Winback offers appear to be the way to go for existing customers. Keep an eye on your email for the next few days.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4343 posts
2097 upvotes
Northside
Steelhawk wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 2:39 am
Read long enough and you'll realize it's option #2 with that person, hidden under the guise of being helpful. ;)

There used to be helpful reps on here, but he did his best to troll them and chase them away.
what he said!
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4343 posts
2097 upvotes
Northside
nguyencanh wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 5:17 pm
Looking for roger rep or can someone help me with new customer offers in etobicoke
If you dig a little deeper on the forum, you'll find how to search for a rep. lol.
Last edited by titaniumtux on Sep 8th, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed mention of PM for the formalities
#WeTheNorth
Jun 16, 2004
119 posts
14 upvotes
I had noticed my promotion was expiring Sept 21 so had made a note to call Rogers this month but hadn't gotten around to it yet. I was pleasantly surprised to get a call this morning from a guy at Rogers telling my my promotion was about to expire and asking me if I would like to see what they could offer me going forward. (differs from Bell in the past where instead of getting a call I just got a super high bill)

I was on the 1Gig IGNITE, popular with 1 bonus channel with PVR + an extra HD unit and home phone paying $130 per month including tax.
He offered me the same at $135.50 including tax but instead of 50Mbps upload it will be 30Mbps upload (he said the 50Mbps was no longer offered)

I took the offer for $5.50 more than I've been paying.
Dec 8, 2006
388 posts
84 upvotes
Scarborough
Switched from Rogers about 2.5 years ago......am with Bell for now.

Just received a phone call ( from overseas of course)
Offering:
60 meg unlimted internet
Select tv
Local Phone
1 box hd

$89.00

I am uncertain if this is a "scam"
Some people dropped by my house over the last 2 weeks with "special pricing" I'll call the # on the cards ( from Rogers) and report back soon.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1610 posts
244 upvotes
I currently have 500u internet only on a deal for $99 thats expiring at the end of this month. I just got a call (I think from a third party seller) and they offered me tv, internet and phone for $99/mo for a year. I don't really want/need the other services and I know it'll be a pain to cancel the other services in a year and get another deal on internet only. Any deals on internet only?
adamm
Mar 15, 2010
602 posts
138 upvotes
jigsatics wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 10:38 am
Anyone got any offers for Ignite TV?
I was told by retention to wait 3 to 4 months!!!
Aug 25, 2018
24 posts
3 upvotes
I spoke with Roger's on FB messenger two days ago and they said the winback team had an offer for me and would call back within 48 hours. So I didn't get the call today and decided to go on messenger again. I basically explained how I've been a loyal customer for a long time, how my cousin and family friend have deals for a great tv/internet package, they only pay $99 a month. I then mentioned how bell was offering their gigabit internet and better TV package for $100 a month if I switched over but I lied just so I can force their hand, never had an offer from them. They came back and offered the following package

$84.99
Ignite gigabit, popular TV package + hbo/tmn $9.98 50% off, free HDpvr rental
4k box $12.95 + 4k channels free for the 24 month duration.
Gigabit modem - also free rental

Total for everything is
$121.94 taxes in

I was paying close to $200 a month and I only had the 150u internet/same cable package without tmn/hbo so this is a significant improvement, I'm pretty happy. I'm gonna try and get a better deal for the hbo/tmn channel and try to get the 4k box rental for free but I'm super happy about this. Reading these forums actually helped alot. Also, forgot to add this part above, I had put in a future cancellation date for September 20th and went on messenger couple of days later.
Jan 7, 2014
9 posts
Milton
One0one wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 3:41 am
I spoke with Roger's on FB messenger two days ago and they said the winback team had an offer for me and would call back within 48 hours. So I didn't get the call today and decided to go on messenger again. I basically explained how I've been a loyal customer for a long time, how my cousin and family friend have deals for a great tv/internet package, they only pay $99 a month. I then mentioned how bell was offering their gigabit internet and better TV package for $100 a month if I switched over but I lied just so I can force their hand, never had an offer from them. They came back and offered the following package

$84.99
Ignite gigabit, popular TV package + hbo/tmn $9.98 50% off, free HDpvr rental
4k box $12.95 + 4k channels free for the 24 month duration.
Gigabit modem - also free rental

Total for everything is
$121.94 taxes in

I was paying close to $200 a month and I only had the 150u internet/same cable package without tmn/hbo so this is a significant improvement, I'm pretty happy. I'm gonna try and get a better deal for the hbo/tmn channel and try to get the 4k box rental for free but I'm super happy about this. Reading these forums actually helped alot. Also, forgot to add this part above, I had put in a future cancellation date for September 20th and went on messenger couple of days later.
Wish I could some how get that. I am a new customer and just got off the phone with them. Supposedly the best they can do is $131.99 for 12 months and that's only 150 unlimited, popular tv and hdpvr and 1 other box. How do I get such a great deal like that?
Sep 21, 2015
497 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
envoys wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:43 am
Wish I could some how get that. I am a new customer and just got off the phone with them. Supposedly the best they can do is $131.99 for 12 months and that's only 150 unlimited, popular tv and hdpvr and 1 other box. How do I get such a great deal like that?
Be an existing customer that has an order to cancel service pending, not a new customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4343 posts
2097 upvotes
Northside
seadooxp30 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 11:39 pm
I was told by retention to wait 3 to 4 months!!!
offers are really crappy for Ignite TV. I'd wait until end of the month or even beginning of October (Q4) to see what deals they may have.
#WeTheNorth
Jan 7, 2014
9 posts
Milton
cleacy1972 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:48 am
Be an existing customer that has an order to cancel service pending, not a new customer.
So call back and say I am an existing customer and want to cancel but then sign up as a new one? How does that work...or just say I want to cancel and htey transfer me and I say I am new?
Sep 21, 2015
497 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
envoys wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:02 am
So call back and say I am an existing customer and want to cancel but then sign up as a new one? How does that work...or just say I want to cancel and htey transfer me and I say I am new?
You can't just 'say' you're a customer that wants to cancel. You have to actually be one.

The point is new customer promotions for the past 6 months now haven't been all that great compared to promotions being offered to existing customers. It wouldn't surprise me if that changes/reverses again in the next few months, but for now as a new customer you're not going to get a great offer. If you look at the thread from a year or so ago, you'll see nothing but complaints from existing customers that they couldn't get anywhere near the pricing being offered to new customers. It changes fairly often.
Jan 7, 2014
9 posts
Milton
cleacy1972 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:12 am
You can't just 'say' you're a customer that wants to cancel. You have to actually be one.

The point is new customer promotions for the past 6 months now haven't been all that great compared to promotions being offered to existing customers. It wouldn't surprise me if that changes/reverses again in the next few months, but for now as a new customer you're not going to get a great offer. If you look at the thread from a year or so ago, you'll see nothing but complaints from existing customers that they couldn't get anywhere near the pricing being offered to new customers. It changes fairly often.
That makes sense. Not what I want to hear really but it makes sense haha. Thanks. I may have to take what they offered then call in 12 months to cancel/get promotion.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11887 posts
1688 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
envoys wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:43 am
Believe you have to stay on the "new cust" plan for min 3 mos before switching to a retentions plan. Robbers cannot force someone to stay on a plan if the plan is determined to be incorrect for the cust. One of the reasons why locked in contracts with cancellation fees was struck down. Stay on the new plan then switch/negotiate with retentions, OOTP, etc.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING

Thread Information

There are currently 21 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 18 guests)

Mazy84, dmflash1, jwei