Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

May 3, 2012
67 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Looking to get a new promotion from rogers, what is the best way of asking for one? Is it asking for a price match from Carrytel or?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1844 posts
627 upvotes
TO
One0one wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 3:14 pm
I was in a similar situation. There might be an offer on your account like I had but for whatever reason they didn't call, like they did to me. I got a hold of an agent on fb messenger and explained to her how I was frustrated, disrespected, even though I've been loyal and how others like my cousins or family friends have better deals than me when they've been with the Roger's for alot less years. Fb messenger is underrated in these situations, I'm super happy that I did it that way..
Any reason why fbmessenger in particular? Wouldn't they have the same information on the regular chat? I'd rather not create a FB account just for that.
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Jul 22, 2015
470 posts
97 upvotes
Ontario
brar1234 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 11:34 am
called winback after email... some other department picked up .. took my info and emailed win back.. got call back in 1 hr

offered premier tv + 1 box + 500 internet .. 90+tax

was scheduled to cancel tomorrow
Did you have a plan B in case they didn't call?
Aug 28, 2008
44 posts
5 upvotes
Called and set up a cancel of services date as they could not offer anything better than the price I was getting: $129.99 for 100Mbps(unlim), plus tv (middle tier), home phone ($9.99 version), 1 PVR and 1 HD box.
I received an email but didn't notice it until today, the day prior to my cancelled services date. I called into the winback # 1-866-600-9112 and spoke with a guy named Scott.
He was able to either give me a 1-year "no contract" for 150Mbps(unlim), popular tv and home phone, 1 PVR and 1 HD box for $116.99 OR
2-year deal: 500Mbps (unlim), popular tv (1-pvr, 1 hd box) and home phone (local only) for $99.67!!! Apparently the massive reduction in price is for the 500mbps and only offered for different postal codes but he was able to give it to me anyway so ymmv

fyi, I live in London and when I called Bell, the best they could do was give me a comparable tv/phone package with a whopping 6 Mbps!!! for $126 or so.
Aug 28, 2008
44 posts
5 upvotes
One0one wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 4:29 pm
For me personally, I had more success going through fb messenger than calling in. I have the ignite gigabit internet, premier TV package +hbo/tmn + 4k box, 4k channels free for a year and got it for $114/monthly taxes in.
that's an insane price guy. You must live in a competitive area...T.O.....GTA?? They don't need to compete like that in my area. The best Bell can offer me is 6mbps...ha!
Oct 6, 2017
35 posts
15 upvotes
Buzzz321 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 7:20 pm
Called and set up a cancel of services date as they could not offer anything better than the price I was getting: $129.99 for 100Mbps(unlim), plus tv (middle tier), home phone ($9.99 version), 1 PVR and 1 HD box.
I received an email but didn't notice it until today, the day prior to my cancelled services date. I called into the winback # 1-866-600-9112 and spoke with a guy named Scott.
He was able to either give me a 1-year "no contract" for 150Mbps(unlim), popular tv and home phone, 1 PVR and 1 HD box for $116.99 OR
2-year deal: 500Mbps (unlim), popular tv (1-pvr, 1 hd box) and home phone (local only) for $99.67!!! Apparently the massive reduction in price is for the 500mbps and only offered for different postal codes but he was able to give it to me anyway so ymmv

fyi, I live in London and when I called Bell, the best they could do was give me a comparable tv/phone package with a whopping 6 Mbps!!! for $126 or so.
So that's 2 year contract?
Nov 22, 2009
11 posts
Toronto
Hey everyone,

I'm pretty sure this a good deal, so I wanted to make sure you all knew about it.

I was previously with Rogers and have been with Bell for the past year. I wasn't happy with the Bell offer after the first year discounts expired, so I called up Rogers.

Here's the offer:

Gigabit Internet
Popular Internet and Box
TMN/HBO Free for 1 Year
2 Year discount guarantee
Free install (but I'm going to pick up the box myself)

95 + tax

They also shared that it would be +10 to go to Premier or -10 to get to select.
Oct 25, 2012
7 posts
Barrie, ON
So I keep getting a text from rogers, the latest offer they sent me is 35.99 for 60u, or for $10 more get 150u? I am with teksavvy for 30/month for 50megs. lately I find that teksavvy is not very stable.
I use iptv. Also I live in barrie. is that a good deal?
Sep 13, 2018
1 posts
Have you had actual offers given to you through FB messenger? I've only had them offering to get people to call me, which they haven't actually followed through on to this point!
Dec 27, 2013
189 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Probably in here somewhere, but anyone see Ignite TV deals yet?
Feb 4, 2006
177 posts
8 upvotes
Markham
kbosahan wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 2:42 pm
Hey everyone,

I'm pretty sure this a good deal, so I wanted to make sure you all knew about it.

I was previously with Rogers and have been with Bell for the past year. I wasn't happy with the Bell offer after the first year discounts expired, so I called up Rogers.

Here's the offer:

Gigabit Internet
Popular Internet and Box
TMN/HBO Free for 1 Year

95 + tax

How were you able to get this deal? How long have you been without Rogers?
May 10, 2007
845 posts
31 upvotes
Thornhill
kbosahan wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 2:42 pm
Hey everyone,

Here's the offer:

Gigabit Internet
Popular Internet and Box
TMN/HBO Free for 1 Year

95 + tax

That is a great deal! I tried to get something similar, but got declined. so went the cancel route...
Nov 22, 2009
11 posts
Toronto
Alaric wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 9:04 pm
How were you able to get this deal? How long have you been without Rogers?
I had been with Rogers for years prior to canceling with them. I canceled last year and got a call from their win-back department a couple of weeks ago. I didn't listen to any offers when the called me, but did call them back yesterday and got this offer.
Oct 7, 2017
176 posts
60 upvotes
I saw someone get 1G for $35. I called and said best they can do is $60 and you need to be a student.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

kingofboggle