Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Jul 4, 2015
94 posts
14 upvotes
ON
cleacy1972 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 11:28 pm
From your bill, i'd probably suggest submitting a termination on the internet for October 7th (the end date of your billing cycle). That gives a reasonable reason for having picked that date, and if they ask you can just say you're trying to decide between other providers that offer much better prices (true!). With what you have, it might be difficult to submit a cancellation on everything since i've honestly no idea if the Italian channels are available from anyone else.

If you're ok with dropping to popular from premier, that also gives you something you can work with when speaking with Rogers.

You might find that you can get a better price by upgrading to 500u from 75 capped, even if you don't need it. Personally, I decreased my price $20/month by switching from a 12 month 500mb promotion to a 24 month gigabit promotion. Make sense? No. To the agent I was speaking with, he just 'upsold' me. Do I need the speed increase? Not at all. I'll take it though, and deal with it again in 2 years.

A reasonable price for 500u, popular + pvr + 2 terminals, home phone and $20 Luso bundle: Probably around $145+tax / $167

Thank you again for this. If the above is 145+tax=167, then maybe I start by leaving my internet as Ignite 75, and THEN seeing if there is a 500u promo for a cheaper price. In your situation you say you'll deal with it in two years, how do you guarantee that? Is there a contract between you and Rogers?

In regards to cancelling, should I just call and cancel? Or see what they offer, and if it's not good enough, then cancel. That might be more realistic since they've been calling me like crazy since I said I would have to get back to them regarding their offer above. And I could always say I don't care much about the Luso package, so maybe I put in an order to cancel TV and Internet?
Sep 21, 2015
499 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
hotsnacks wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2018 12:38 pm
Thank you again for this. If the above is 145+tax=167, then maybe I start by leaving my internet as Ignite 75, and THEN seeing if there is a 500u promo for a cheaper price. In your situation you say you'll deal with it in two years, how do you guarantee that? Is there a contract between you and Rogers?
While I may actually be on contract, if nothing else I have a 24 month guaranteed discount with my pricing. There'd have to be a huge increase in the price before i'd be concerned again.
hotsnacks wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2018 12:38 pm
In regards to cancelling, should I just call and cancel? Or see what they offer, and if it's not good enough, then cancel. That might be more realistic since they've been calling me like crazy since I said I would have to get back to them regarding their offer above. And I could always say I don't care much about the Luso package, so maybe I put in an order to cancel TV and Internet?
Pretty much best pricing the last half year has been from just submitting a predated cancellation request, and then resubscribing with the winback offers. If doing that, make sure you pre-date that cancellation request several weeks/or a month to actually give them a bit of time to try winning you back. Just be careful if you're cancelling a phoneline that you want to keep the number. Also, keep in mind that cancellation of Rogers is also loss of Rogers email address (if you use it) : If you are using it, would recommend spending the time switching your email to something like gmail.
Jul 1, 2005
451 posts
32 upvotes
My contract is ending soon. Got a call with offer:

Ignite Gigabit - Unlimited data - free modem rental
Popular TV - 4K PVR
$115.99 - guaranteed discount for 2 years - no contract no commitment.

Is it good? I might just take it.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1251 posts
403 upvotes
Ontario
robteb wrote:
Sep 18th, 2018 7:02 pm

They didn't call me, they sent an email:

There was also a reference number to give them when I called, tied directly to my account.
You are the bomb diggity. Gonna try this tomorrow.
Oct 20, 2010
466 posts
99 upvotes
avecfromage wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 6:45 pm
Trying to get a deal. Paying $338 and change for 100 mbps + VIP cable + home phone + SHM. I think every RFDer would cry at that.

Best that was offered was $233. I set up cancel for internet and TV only. Will I get a call back or no?
somebody might have replied to your question but here it goes.

I was paying 216 a month for:
gigabit internet, premier tv with 2 addons packages, 1 4k box and 1 hd box, home phone, and SMH.
A month ago negotiated, and brought it down to 196 by bringing down SMH down to 19.99 a month(by PM of bell offer.
Took it, but then 2 weeks later called back to renegotiate, and went down another 20ish to 174 by changing tv to popular.
A week later called, and set a cancellation date to 2 weeks from the date. got an email to call back a day later.
Called the number the same day but the number was invalid(???).
Called rogers and cancellation department, mention the email and was told to ignore since it was a scam....
Following day, called again the number(winback) and it rang and someone picked up.
Was offered the gigabit interneyt, premier tv, 4k pvr, hd box, home phone with call display, for 123 + tax. SMH stayed at 19.99 plus tax. so 143+tax total. so 162. In the end, $54 of savings. it was worth the couple calls i made.
You can achieve similar.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4471 posts
277 upvotes
Is the 4K PVR as good as the Bell Fibe TV receiver? I remember my old Nextbox 3.0 being horrendously slow...
Banned
Aug 31, 2018
34 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Lovable wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 5:59 pm
Is the 4K PVR as good as the Bell Fibe TV receiver? I remember my old Nextbox 3.0 being horrendously slow...
Both are 4K so yes.
Jan 2, 2014
545 posts
178 upvotes
Went to cancel in through my account.

Came back and offered to take my discount down 10$ from 118 to 108 for the same package.
Had mentioned I'm not getting 1GB anyways so going to another company doesn't bother me if it's still 300mb+ (Old apt building)
Offered to bring it down to $103 to drop to 500U

So would be:
Gigabit Internet
Popular Cable
1 4K HDPVR Nextbox + Extra HD Box
$108

or
500U Internet
Popular Cable
1 4K HDPVR Nextbox + Extra HD Box
$103
Nov 19, 2014
121 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bugsbunny01 wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2018 4:58 pm
somebody might have replied to your question but here it goes.

I was paying 216 a month for:
gigabit internet, premier tv with 2 addons packages, 1 4k box and 1 hd box, home phone, and SMH.
A month ago negotiated, and brought it down to 196 by bringing down SMH down to 19.99 a month(by PM of bell offer.
Took it, but then 2 weeks later called back to renegotiate, and went down another 20ish to 174 by changing tv to popular.
A week later called, and set a cancellation date to 2 weeks from the date. got an email to call back a day later.
Called the number the same day but the number was invalid(???).
Called rogers and cancellation department, mention the email and was told to ignore since it was a scam....
Following day, called again the number(winback) and it rang and someone picked up.
Was offered the gigabit interneyt, premier tv, 4k pvr, hd box, home phone with call display, for 123 + tax. SMH stayed at 19.99 plus tax. so 143+tax total. so 162. In the end, $54 of savings. it was worth the couple calls i made.
You can achieve similar.
I didn't even get a cancellation email. They just sent two survey reminders saying to do with a survey of the service I was provided.
Jul 22, 2015
486 posts
104 upvotes
Ontario
eednapes wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 5:27 pm
Called Rogers to cancel at the end of my billing cycle. The rep asked if I have already ported my number, to which I said no. He said if I put in a cancelation request now, there's a chance I can lose my number, especially because porting a number can take up to 7 days.

True?
I was told the same. I had my # ported and on the same day it was connectd by my new provider, I cancelled with Rogers. They do same day cancellations.
Jul 22, 2015
486 posts
104 upvotes
Ontario
Winback called me on the same day that my services were connected by Bell...sorry, Winback, but you wont win me back! After many hours of wasted time and frustration, no thanks!

BTW, my Winback offer was:

Gigabit Internet
Popular Cable
1 HD PVR and 2 Extra HD Boxes
=$120, tax in.

Not a bad deal, but a little too late. I wish they would stop playing these games of theirs.
Nov 23, 2015
9 posts
6 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Was with Rogers for 18 years but switched to Bell last December as they offered me:
- Fibe 300 unltd
- basic home phone
- alt tv
$57+tax, no contract

Just got a call from Rogers (sounded like 3rd party call centre in India) offering me:
- 500 ignite internet/unltd
- HD terminal with basic channels,
- basic home phone
- 1 year TMN/HBO free
- installation/activation fees waived
- first SIX months FREE
- $67 incl. taxes/month, no contract, discounts guaranteed for 24 months

I'm agog...seems too good to be true.
Last edited by frougal on Sep 26th, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 21, 2015
499 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
frougal wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 6:10 pm
Was with Rogers for 18 years but switched to Bell last December as they offered me:
- Fibe 300 unltd
- basic home phone
- alt tv
$57+tax, no contract

Just got a call from Rogers (sounded like 3rd party call centre in India) offering me:
- basic home phone
- 1 year TMN/HBO free
- first SIX months FREE
- $67 +taxes/month, no contract, discounts guaranteed for 24 months

I'd agree, except i'm also on a package i'd thought was to good to be true. Once you factor in the six free months amortized over 24, your offer however is actually even better then what i'm on.

That being said, if you choose to accept it i'd suggest not providing any credit card information. Contact Rogers yourself directly to provide billing related stuff.
Banned
Aug 31, 2018
34 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
frougal wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 6:10 pm
- Fibe 300 unltd
- basic home phone
- alt tv
$57+tax, no contract

- basic home phone
- 1 year TMN/HBO free
- first SIX months FREE
- $67 +taxes/month, no contract, discounts guaranteed for 24 months

Is your home a new construction?
Nov 23, 2015
9 posts
6 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Issameddin wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 10:00 pm
Is your home a new construction?
Nope, definitely not. Rogers reps have been canvassing door-to-door a lot recently so I think there's a push to win -back people in the general area. Have a feeling a lot of people switched to fibe when it was brought to our area last year as the Rogers network had become ridiculously slow. They (Rogers) is claiming they have upgraded the network in the area, but i'm still a bit wary.

Thread Information

There are currently 21 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 21 guests)