Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7767 posts
199 upvotes
futabasan wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 1:00 am
What's the best available deal for 100u or 500u at the moment? My contract with Rogers is coming to an end in Jan 22nd.
60u $24.99
500u $29.99
1Gb $39.99
Nov 21, 2009
24 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
Just called in yesterday and got the following to quote to replace my current $99 GB + VIP service + 1 rental hd box.

$106.68 for GB internet, Premier TV, 1 rental HD box ( I own the main pvr). A bit higher than 2 years ago. No contract.

Does this seem reasonable or should I wait for a potential better deal? My contract runs until Feb 22. I'd prefer a 2 year contract if I could rather than having to deal with this in 12 months again.

thanks,
Jun 3, 2007
311 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
They don't have contracts any more. Your discount is guaranteed for 1-2 years but the base price can go up multiple times in between.
Nov 17, 2018
65 posts
62 upvotes
sgogeta4 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 1:40 pm
They don't have contracts any more. Your discount is guaranteed for 1-2 years but the base price can go up multiple times in between.
Currently with Rogers on a contract free TV/Home Phone/Internet package, Bell phoned trying to get us to switch, and they said there'd be no contract on the home phone, and internet, but a 2 year contract on the TV (of course we said no), but they do still have contracts, at least for TV.
Nov 21, 2009
24 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
sgogeta4 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 1:40 pm
So no more fixed pricing...sneaky. Just fixed discounts. I hate having to renegotiate each year and maybe even less if the prices increase greatly. Any thoughts on competitiveness in pricing? I don't see anyone with GB pricing this low to compete with Rogers.
Sep 2, 2016
313 posts
171 upvotes
Think I did okay on this considering the person I was helping was paying $220.00/month.

Existing customer:
Premier tv + timeshifting + leafs nation network
Crave tv + hbo + tmn
Home phone including unlimited us long distance
Ignite internet 500u

$115.00 plus tax per month
Jun 3, 2007
311 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Sorrylol wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 1:44 pm
Currently with Rogers on a contract free TV/Home Phone/Internet package, Bell phoned trying to get us to switch, and they said there'd be no contract on the home phone, and internet, but a 2 year contract on the TV (of course we said no), but they do still have contracts, at least for TV.
I didn't get a contract for any of my services, just a 2 year discount guarantee. I have Rogers for home phone/TV/internet.
Dec 29, 2018
2 posts
Hey, I was wondering if I could have contact information for the bundle you have?? I just signed up to RFD and couldn't seem to send a private message. Would greatly appreciate it, thanks
co_fraz@hotmail
Nov 18, 2007
46 posts
4 upvotes
Milton
Hi Dmbpjfan,

Was it the win back # you call?

In the process for renewal Jan 15, called several times including the management office and they don't seem to want to yield at all.

Popular TV + timeshifting + 2nd receiver, hompe phone and 500u internet for $125 plus tax. Thought it is terrible!
Oct 6, 2006
113 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Don’t call them. Put in a cancellation for a month ahead and wait for them to call. I did that and got a call the same day.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
8162 posts
4404 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Freddie44 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 1:11 pm
Just called in yesterday and got the following to quote to replace my current $99 GB + VIP service + 1 rental hd box.

$106.68 for GB internet, Premier TV, 1 rental HD box ( I own the main pvr). A bit higher than 2 years ago. No contract.

Does this seem reasonable or should I wait for a potential better deal? My contract runs until Feb 22. I'd prefer a 2 year contract if I could rather than having to deal with this in 12 months again.

thanks,
IMO, that's reasonable.

I had to fight tooth and nail to keep my discounted VIP. After going back and forth over a couple of sessions with different offers I was able to keep my VIP/pvr for $73 (all-in). I'd say for that additional $34 for GB internet is a fair offer, even if it is with Premier.

They originally wanted me to pay $125 for premier but I was able to get them to reduce to $87 (with credits) after going back and forth. However, I was still ready to cancel after I was told I wouldn't get Fairchild as a bonus channel as they originally promised and that would be an additional $15 for the theme pack ($104). Astonished FaceSmiling Face With Horns Thankfully they came back and agreed to extend my VIP promo for another 12mths.
Last edited by chimaican on Dec 31st, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Nov 21, 2009
24 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
chimaican wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 4:59 pm
IMO, that's reasonable.

I had to fight tooth and nail to keep my discounted VIP. After going back and forth over a couple of sessions with different offers I was able to keep my VIP/pvr for $73. I'd say for that additional $34 for GB internet is a fair offer, even if it is with Premier.

They originally wanted me to pay $125 for premier but I was able to get them to reduce to $87 (with credits) after going back and forth. However, I was still ready to cancel after I was told I wouldn't get Fairchild as a bonus channel as they originally promised and that would be an additional $15 for the theme pack ($104). Astonished FaceSmiling Face With Horns Thankfully they came back and agreed to extend my VIP promo for another 12mths.
Yup, just finished with them tonight and got it down to $96.68 before tax so I went for that given it is cheaper than what I was paying last year.
Oct 18, 2014
78 posts
33 upvotes
Has anyone gotten deals for Rogers Ignite TV? I just checked the pricing on their website and it seems very expensive compared to the digital tv. I'm looking for to bundle everything.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7767 posts
199 upvotes
Freddie44 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2018 1:11 pm

thanks,
i ended up with Premier TV/500u for $85/month. good for 2 years
so yours is comparable i would say
you do have GB internet and 1 rental.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)