Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16987 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto
SoulSeeker wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 8:34 pm
Are you talking about the new Ignite IPTV offering by Rogers?

That's what i was talking about - not to be confused with the 3 bundle Nextbox offering.
Yes, Ignite IPTV + internet + home phone.
May 16, 2010
66 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
just got offered the following:

$89.99/month + tax
popular tv
1 pvr
Ignite Gigabit

is that good?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12454 posts
2663 upvotes
Markham
Makaveli_99 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 12:21 am

$89.99/month + tax
popular tv
1 pvr
Ignite Gigabit

is that good?
New customer? Retentions? Winback? Term? Anything else thrown in?
Jul 22, 2009
61 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
Makaveli_99 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 12:21 am

$89.99/month + tax
popular tv
1 pvr
Ignite Gigabit

is that good?
It's a pretty decent offer, though I think some might have gotten a little better. At the end of the day, what matters is whether or not the offer is good for YOU. Are YOU comfortable with the price and what you get for that price. If so, then it's a good offer.
Oct 18, 2014
86 posts
33 upvotes
SoulSeeker wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 6:00 pm
News Flash - For those who are waiting to sign up for Ignite TV but haven't because of the $149.99 installation fee, i spoke to a Roger's rep who told me that the installation fee is now only $49.99 - $100.00 off. There are also some 'goodies' they are adding to anyone signing up (can't divulge because he asked me not too) He said there will also be other 'goodies' down the road, which he knew of but wasn't able to let me know what they were.

Even with the $100.00 off, i would still be paying around that much more than i am for my 'ancient' package so i told him i'll wait till my promo is up in Feb/20!

Didn't see this info. posted anywhere so i hope i'm the first to give the possible good news to others - enjoy!
When I signed up the rep told me that all the promos for IgniteTV will be coming out in April. $100 off the installation is a start, but the monthly price of the entire bundle is still really expensive. I got Popular TV, Ignite Gigabit and Home phone for $89.99/month. If this was with IgniteTV the same package starts at $204.99/month. IMO its not worth it, I hope that they lower that monthly price to something more reasonable. The rep also told me that when the promos are out I could switch to IgniteTV if I really wanted too, but again that price would have to come down.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16987 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto
SoulSeeker wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 8:34 pm
Are you talking about the new Ignite IPTV offering by Rogers?

That's what i was talking about - not to be confused with the 3 bundle Nextbox offering.

I know many people were put off by the $149.99 installation fee & had read, i think on RFD, someone mentioned some new news about Ignite come the new year - but i was quite suprised when the rep mentioned it to me today - plus a list of 'goodies' he offered me but asked me not to mention on the forum. The $100.00 off the installation isn't even listed on their website as of yet - i told him they should have done it the first day they offered it!!

Needless to say, they are bracing themselves for a wack of people signing up.
EugW wrote:
Jan 5th, 2019 8:43 pm
Yes, Ignite IPTV + internet + home phone.
Nope. I'm wrong.

They came and installed the legacy digital TV. You're right, the installation for Ignite is $150-100 = $50.

Myyykkee wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 9:39 am
When I signed up the rep told me that all the promos for IgniteTV will be coming out in April. $100 off the installation is a start, but the monthly price of the entire bundle is still really expensive. I got Popular TV, Ignite Gigabit and Home phone for $89.99/month. If this was with IgniteTV the same package starts at $204.99/month. IMO its not worth it, I hope that they lower that monthly price to something more reasonable. The rep also told me that when the promos are out I could switch to IgniteTV if I really wanted too, but again that price would have to come down.
I'll look into it but it looks like the costing would be too high for the Ignite TV. I'm fine to wait until April but I'll contact my sales agent to see what's up. I guess the good news is I can use my old Rogers PVRs in the meantime with my Premier TV.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1313 posts
730 upvotes
Got a winback offer for $45 + tax for 150u. Good enough for my needs
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7935 posts
1844 upvotes
Scarberia
cannot connect to stock rogers white coda modem 5ghz wifi! driving me crazy! i can connect to 2.4ghz easily...keeps saying wrong password but its correct...im tempted to try wep but i dont know how to setup the password? has like 4 lines with keys? wteff is that

thx
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Oct 26, 2017
89 posts
396 upvotes
Canada
mikka2017 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 2:43 pm
cannot connect to stock rogers white coda modem 5ghz wifi! driving me crazy! i can connect to 2.4ghz easily...keeps saying wrong password but its correct...im tempted to try wep but i dont know how to setup the password? has like 4 lines with keys? wteff is that

thx
Hi, I suggest resetting the modem. We had that problem a while back. All you need to do is unplug the black power cable from the back of the modem. Let it rest for a few minutes and re-plug it. The wifi speed should increase and as soon as you enter your password, the 5G network should connect without a hitch.

If it still persists, you can call Rogers and see what they can do for you. Not being able to connect and wanting to change providers because of that could be something you can use to negotiate for a better price.

All the best & good luck!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16987 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto
So, is Rogers Anyplace TV (for Digital TV) completely useless or what?

I can't even log into Anyplace TV. I have Digital Premier. It doesn't matter what browser I have, but it simply doesn't work.

30213 : Sorry, we are having trouble signing you in. Please try again.

I have the NextBox 3.0 PVR and one receiver, as well as two SA 8300HD PVRs in this house.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12454 posts
2663 upvotes
Markham
EugW wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 11:36 pm

I can't even log into Anyplace TV. I have Digital Premier. It doesn't matter what browser I have, but it simply doesn't work.

30213 : Sorry, we are having trouble signing you in. Please try again.

I have the NextBox 3.0 PVR and one receiver, as well as two SA 8300HD PVRs in this house.
I have digital (not ignite) and never have problems signing in .
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16987 posts
3848 upvotes
Toronto
RolandCouch wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 11:44 pm
I have digital (not ignite) and never have problems signing in .
OK thanks. I'll wait until tomorrow and if it still doesn't work, then I'll complain.

Somehow I'm not surprised though. I had major sign-in issues with my iOS Fido app for months, because of horrible bugs in the app. It kept on telling me it sensed I was a Rogers customer and to use the Rogers app, even though I only was a Fido customer and had no Rogers services at the time. So I tried the Rogers app and that wouldn't work either because I had no Rogers services.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17171 posts
23694 upvotes
ONTARIO
My $39.99 gigabit internet price is ending in 2 months (March 20th).
Used the live chat to see if I could extend it or get a similar price. Rep couldn't offer me anything better than $70+ after tax for gigabit.

Said I'd rather cancel, so the rep gave me a number to call to do so. Rep on the phone was able to offer me $49.99 price for gigabit, so I took it.
It's around $11 more after taxes than I am paying now, but it's a lot better than the $70+ after taxes the chat rep offered me.

Looks like they set it up so it will go into affect the day after my $39.99 pricing ends in March. So $49.99 from March 21st 2019 to March 21st 2020.
Mar 4, 2018
112 posts
234 upvotes
Hi RFDers!
At my current address (Aurora, living with my parents), I was able to score Ignite 500 for $24.99 +hst for twelve months (similar to many others in this thread).
I was paying close to full price and call in to cancel, they offered me $55+hst, accepted it. Call in again after two days and said I wanted to cancel again. At that point, they offered me the $25.

However, I am moving out soon (Maple, ON) and I know as a new Rogers customer, I won't have the leverage to get any winback deals.
What do you guys think is the best route for the cheapest/best value internet option (I prefer Rogers but am open to trying other carriers).
thanks
Frugal Fries - but en français
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
2722 posts
1711 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 11:36 pm
Back end is simply bad and user inability to logon, while infrequent, it will be frustrating. Try early today and then call in.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)