Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17035 posts
3889 upvotes
Toronto
Snocow wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 12:49 pm
Wow - 500U - Home Phone 3 features and U/L Can LD - Premier TV for $99 + Tax here so yes you should be able to do much better
Got this in Aug 2018 but current offers are almost as good
Yeah, but aren't you a new customer? Good deals are easier to get with new customer promotions.

But yeah, his $200+ offer sucks.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2001
1412 posts
142 upvotes
GTA
EugW wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 12:56 pm
Yeah, but aren't you a new customer? Good deals are easier to get with new customer promotions.

But yeah, his $200+ offer sucks.
No - not a new customer (26 years) but did have to go cancel / winback route
Jan 11, 2019
2 posts
Do I need to cancel my services to get a decent price? I have no interest in moving to Bell because they only have satellite in my area.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2001
1412 posts
142 upvotes
GTA
cwhiteman11 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:11 pm
Do I need to cancel my services to get a decent price? I have no interest in moving to Bell because they only have satellite in my area.
You may have to, unfortunately that was only route that worked for me. Loyalty is worth nothing anymore.
I put in a close to 30 day notice for cable / internet / home phone leaving lots of time for winback process.
It worked for me - sad we have to go thu that bull

worst case scenario was that I revoke the cancellation :)
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17035 posts
3889 upvotes
Toronto
Snocow wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:30 pm
You may have to, unfortunately that was only route that worked for me. Loyalty is worth nothing anymore.
I put in a close to 30 day notice for cable / internet / home phone leaving lots of time for winback procee.
It worked for me - sad we have to go thu that bull
I’m curious, how long did it take for Rogers to call?

I called Bell a week ago to set my cancellation date (a couple of weeks from now) and still haven’t heard from them.

I’m not going back to Bell this time around but I was just curious when is the latest these companies call for winback.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2001
1412 posts
142 upvotes
GTA
EugW wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 1:45 pm
I’m curious, how long did it take for Rogers to call?
Can't speak for Bhell but I got a call from Rogers within a few day...not long
May have been an email with a number to call - I forget
Last edited by Snocow on Jan 13th, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 28, 2013
99 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
My 2 year $99 gigabit + popular tv is coming to an end.

Been calling retentions and no luck getting a decent deal. What have you guys been able to negotiate for the two services? I am aiming to negotiate $85 for both. Anyone manage to get both services for this rate? Did you do winback? Ootp?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17035 posts
3889 upvotes
Toronto
marcsterr wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 10:58 am
So Rogers has changed up their promotions, I have a Rogers contact that can waive the installation and activation fees for new customers and offer a one time $100 credit. Send me a PM and I can provide you with their information.

Rogers Ignite TV
Ignite 150u + Popular TV + 1 Wireless 4K PVR - $149.99 (If you want Premier TV it's +$15 and if you want Select TV it's -$15)
Additional Wireless 4K PVR's are at $5 extra.

The above is not a promotional offer and will not expire after 12 or 24 months.
I was told that new pricing will be available a week from tomorrow. Are those prices you listed above the same ones as are coming in a week, meaning your listed prices are not active until then?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2755 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 3:13 pm
I was told that new pricing will be available a week from tomorrow. Are those prices you listed above the same ones as are coming in a week, meaning your listed prices are not active until then?
My understanding is that they're active now as I wasn't told otherwise (I don't work for Rogers myself)
Jan 19, 2015
97 posts
28 upvotes
My deal ends in about 2 months. I know that everybody's experience is different, but typically how much ahead of time should I call in, to try to close a new deal? Is calling retention the recommended first step, or is better to call management directly, since I'm under the impression that retention can't do much in most cases? Obviously, I'd like to have enough time to explore other options, in case I cannot get a good deal from Rogers.

Looking for the same as what I have right now: Ignite 150, Popular TV and a PVR. I'm not going to have a problem downgrading to Select TV, or adding a Home Phone (which I won't use) if that can get me a better deal.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12165 posts
1824 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
DonR04 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:08 pm
My deal ends in about 2 months. I know that everybody's experience is different, but typically how much ahead of time should I call in, to try to close a new deal? Is calling retention the recommended first step, or is better to call management directly, since I'm under the impression that retention can't do much in most cases? Obviously, I'd like to have enough time to explore other options, in case I cannot get a good deal from Rogers.

Looking for the same as what I have right now: Ignite 150, Popular TV and a PVR. I'm not going to have a problem downgrading to Select TV, or adding a Home Phone (which I won't use) if that can get me a better deal.
Look, you can ask for a new deal ANYTIME within your current 2yr promo. There is no contract, no cancellation fees. It's just that deals are better the nearer the time to expiry than at the beginning. The best deals are always xmas, no doubt. From mid november to boxing day. So even if your contract doesnt end in this time frame you can ALWAYS break the deal at anytime and get a xmas offer. For example say your deal is 2018-2020. But you notice everyone is getting an amazing deal in xmas 2019 with everything included for $99. You can break your current deal and sign on to the new promo no issues and get a new promo term that expires xmas 2019 - 2021.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1909 posts
1186 upvotes
Fredericton
FWIW, I just tried live chatting to attempt to re-up my promo that expires in March and the agent said that they are having technical difficulties and can't access account information, so he was unable to help me.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Jan 19, 2015
97 posts
28 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 9:04 am
Look, you can ask for a new deal ANYTIME within your current 2yr promo. There is no contract, no cancellation fees. It's just that deals are better the nearer the time to expiry than at the beginning. The best deals are always xmas, no doubt. From mid november to boxing day. So even if your contract doesnt end in this time frame you can ALWAYS break the deal at anytime and get a xmas offer. For example say your deal is 2018-2020. But you notice everyone is getting an amazing deal in xmas 2019 with everything included for $99. You can break your current deal and sign on to the new promo no issues and get a new promo term that expires xmas 2019 - 2021.
I understand that. My point was I was trying to get some feedback with regard to whether it is better to wait closer to the end of the current deal. My deal is only for a year, as they couldn't (didn't want to?) give me a good 2-year deal. I really hate having to go through this BS every year...don't we all, I guess?

Regardless, is it better to call retention first, or go directly to management?
Sep 13, 2012
863 posts
438 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
DonR04 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:08 pm

I would suggest you wait until 3-5 business days prior to your promo pricing dropping off at which time you'd phone and place a cancellation notice on your account. In your case the bluff is enhanced by not having a home phone. That gives you time to navigate the different telecom threads to better gauge offerings and also prepare your ideal breakdown when you're contacted in order to sign back up. If you're satisfied with current pricing I would advise you wait out the next 2 months as nothing special will really be brought online price wise.
DonR04 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 12:08 pm

Regardless, is it better to call retention first, or go directly to management?
IMO Management office and beyond.
Sep 13, 2012
863 posts
438 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Silver02TDI wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 10:15 am
In typical Rogers fashion, I got offered a promo, I accepted, got my first bill, and it wasn't what I was offered. My two year deal is $5 more than I was told, and my two year deal, one part of it expires in six months, the other in a year, so it isn't all for the full two years. So I will have to call back again in six months and then in a year. The whole point of two years was to save myself the hassle of calling back.

I swear that in my 20 years dealing with Rogers, if I am supposed to get a new promo, with 100% certainty, my bill will not reflect what I was told, and I have to call back. I swear this is a deliberate tactic on their part, hoping people won't look closely. Unlucky for them, I am an accountant, so I look at all numbers. One day when I have nothing better to do, I will go back and look at my years of bills I have saved, and pull all of these discrepancies, and I will write a letter to the CRTC outlining this practice.
I would advise you follow escalation procedure by contacting Management office at (844) 410-5766 and should you choose proceeding onto office of the President. The issue will be resolved in your favor and there's no reason to wait 2 years with this irritation on your mind - it's just a matter of how generous a goodwill credit you'd like to receive. PM me and I can walk you through the process.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

dgreensp71